It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Bradys wife chastises receivers for SuperBowl loss-sorry, women are ruining pro sports

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Maybe it is a good idea to just keep women out of football, I mean, really? Apparently its ok now for your wife to badmouth your team mates when you lose the superbowl. Thats exactly what Tom Bradys wife did. She chastised the receivers saying that "her husband cannot throw and catch the f@*king ball at the same time." I would divorce this woman immediately if I were him, she is SUCH an ugly person IMO for this display. Jessica Simpson ruined Tony Romo, now this? Again, not to sound sexist, but keep your old lady at home guys when you have a game, they are ruining the sport. Sports never used to be a "reality show" mrs. kardashian. www.nypost.com...

"You [need] to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball," she is heard saying. "My husband cannot [expletive] throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times." Read more: www.nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Women are ruining pro-sports? Bit of an extreme exaggeration, no?
edit on 6-2-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yes, because this one woman (Brady's wife) said something you deem stupid... all woman are stupid and say stupid things thus should be kept away from the sport?

Come on, can't you see how silly that is?

If a guy said something very stupid does that make all guys the same? No of course it doesn't. This is just one stupid person saying a stupid thing and should be judged on their own stupidity individually. Don't go dragging down Innocent people with them. That's.., Oh, what the word I'm looking for here? Oh right,.. stupid.

Apparently its ok now for your wife to badmouth your team mates when you lose the superbowl.

Who said It's ok? Just because she did it that obviously doesn't make it "ok."

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I beleive I said they are ruining pro sports, no?
strikezonesandendzones.blogspot.com...
www.gossiprocks.com...
www.gossiprocks.com...

edit on 6-2-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I respect your opinion rise, and I am of cours referring to more than just this incident. It is all over the NBA as well, with LALA and Melo, and the Kardashians, and whichever player they are married to this week, its not something a reality show should be made of imo. Now obviously I dont mean ALL women, it was a generalization. Players, keep your damn woman at home if they cant stand not being in the spotlight and keeping their mouth shut.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Tony Romo was ruined WAY before he met Jessica Simpson.

And your logic is ridiculous. I can very easily say the Yankees won the World Series in 2009 because Alex Rodriguez was dating Kate Hudson and Derek Jeter was dating Minka Kelly.

When you are a supermodel and a frustrated wife of a NFL QB, and there are cameras and microphones thrown in your face, you may slip up and actually say something from the heart.

Blame the press, not Giselle.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I personally think she has a good point. Brady put the ball where it was suppose to be, and the receivers had a hard time holding onto the ball last night. Should she have gone public with it, NO, but at the same time she was trying to console her husband for his team had just lost the biggest game of the year and all the reports were in their face with camera, microphone and questions. It seems to me they just wanted to get the heck out of there.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm sorry, this is too funny. People are mad because they lost a game? I'm sorry, but paid or no, this is just a game. They will get paid to practice and become better.

There are people who get paid to do crappy stuff; they have awful jobs that they don't enjoy, but they do it to get paid. These NFL players, they get to do what they love and still get a fat check at the end of the day, even if they lose. It just shows they aren't perfect at what they do.

Either way, they still get money. What's your problem?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by Rising Against

Players, keep your damn woman at home if they cant stand not being in the spotlight and keeping their mouth shut.

wow!! I'm waiting for your next comment to be something around the Players using a firm hand on their women when they don't do what they're told.

First of all they are their wives and not all of them are gold diggers, some enjoy the sport and are as passionate as the players themselves. So they do have a right to speak their mind and call out the problems so they can be fixed. But I think it should be behind closed doors. This was just a simple mistake, because she was talking directly to Tom, and trying to make him feel better for the loss.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Ah ok, well just so you know the Opening post comes off like you're trying to say something like "Ban all women from sport now, they have no place there!!" - Thus my reply before. See, I know that women do have a place in sport, my own sister being a rather successful sportsperson in fact. And some good friends of mine who happen to be women know sports better than most guys do as well - In reality sports just isn't solely a man's thing. It's a human thing, both men and women enjoying it.

To be fair to Brady's wife here, I imagine a lot of people said something similar to what she said right now as well (I saw quite a few drops towards the end after all).. she's just in a position that means whatever she says is going to be publicized in this way. She's most probably just quite angry her team lost as are a lot of people right now. There's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. If my team loses then I've been known to call them crap and pretty much criticize everything about their performance.. does it really mean anything though? Not really. I still support them, I'm just looking for a release at the time because I'm annoyed.

I don't think all women should be banned from sports and I certainly don't think all players wife's should be either.. that would be madness. A lot of the time I imagine they act like a great motivator for a player on the field as well which of course can make all the difference between success and failure.

Oh, and I think It's also worth pointing out that I just had a quick look at your source to read up on what she said exactly and there was something which stood out for me. Here it is:

The Brazilian supermodel was caught on camera lambasting No. 12's teammates after Sunday's game in Indianapolis as she angrily defended taunts against her husband by Giants fans.

Sounds to me like she's just defending her husband here.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Though you say "not to sound sexist," you fail completely as it fairly oozes from everything you have written here.
second line

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Though you say "not to sound sexist," you fail completely as it fairly oozes from everything you have written here.
second line

Then call me sexist then

I guess I really dont care.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
I personally think she has a good point. Brady put the ball where it was suppose to be, and the receivers had a hard time holding onto the ball last night.

Towards the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter, I felt that this thing was fixed watching the receivers drop the ball the way they did and ofcourse the last touchdown by Giants was too easy.

I'm a Giants fan but I do prefer the sport to be a true sport. I'm sure there have been several gambling related issues with several players but just felt it was too damn easy and wasn't expecting such bad plays by the patriot receivers especially towards the end of the game.

Personally I think its a team sport so the entire team has to be absorb the loss. One cannot blame single individual for such bad plays. There are occassions when someone really messes up then ofcourse they are let go or traded off with another team. Regardless its a long process and its a team sport and best teams Lose too. Nothing new. But the wife should be professional about it and just ignore the press and keep walking. If Brady makes a statement then it would make sense as he is the QB and a legitimate player.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This thread is like a reality show.

Take the mundane and blow it out of all proportion.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

She's right though. Had either one of the last two passes actually been caught (by guys getting paid millions to catch a ball), it would have been a different outcome.

Brady did his job, he got the ball to them, often even literally THROUGH the hands of Giants players. Up to them to catch it, and they didn't, simple as that.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Being English, my girl knows more about the sport than I do and hell, even she could probably throw and catch better than the Pats did.

Gisele was right but Brady himself wasn't exactly innocent in that mess either.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamMacArthur

Im just honored you wasted your first meaningless post on my thread

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Meh - what she did do was put her husband in a bad situation.

Imagine being him next time in locker room after that. Everyone giving you the stink eye because of what your wife said and wondering if you feel the same. Also, you have a room full of guys all wanting to tell you wife is a something not very nice.

You basically have two choices

1. Tell them she got mad, flew off the handle and has no idea what she's talking about and that you don't feel that way at all.

or

2. Tell them she has a point.

1 will make her mad and 2 will make the guys you work with mad.

top topics

join