It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true calendar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have been asking myself for a long time why do people use the Gregorian Calendar and Julian Calendar when in reality they are dead wrong.

Nature has given us true time keepers like the Lunar Cycle and the solstices and equinoxes which can keep the exact time. Not to mention using the light from the Sun in order to keep the exact time in hours and minutes and with a bit of math, even seconds and miliseconds.

Haven't you asked yourselves why do the seasons seem so off? I've noticed that for some time that when winter kicks in, it seems off and my theory is that this is because we used the wrong way of keeping track of time.

The true seasons are indicated by the solstices and equinoxes as follows:
Spring - 20 March to 20 June
Summer - 20 June to 22 September
Fall - 22 September to 21 December
Winter - 21 December to 20 March

If you look at the weather in these periods you will notice that they are apropriate for the season indicated. However the dates mentioned above are acording to the Gregorian Calendar.

I will not start expanding on the flaws of the two or more calendars used today all over the world because that is a whole new subject to be debated and i think it was debated here but i just can't seem to find the topic.

I hope this can start a healthy discussion although its not much.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Very interesting point. Hope you get a solid debate on the matter.

Recently watched an episode of "Stuff They Don't Want You to Know" that wonders if our current calendars are off by many decades and the concept of "Phantom Time".

Weird stuff.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The Gregorian Calendar which places the dates of the solstices and equinoxes on or around the 21 day of said month. If you were to use the Julian calendar the date of the solstices and equinoxes would be on or around the 25th of each month.

For Example Christmas is the 25 of December. Under the Julian Calender it was winter solstice which is for those of you who do not know a Pagan holiday. The church like to co-op pagan holidays with there own, it made it easier to get people to convert that way (but I digress).

Those in ancient times paid close attention to the moon and stars. Unlike to day with all the light pollution from our modern world we have lost sight of what out four runners say.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Very interesting video.

I also think that we are off by a lot... Just imagine how many days were forced into our lives through the leap year ... I just think they don't want to accept this because they are a bunch of lazy fat cats ... and don't want to start recalculating every historical event to put it in the propper century...

new topics

top topics

join