It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secrets hidden in the pyramids. A real eye opener!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grobi77

Originally posted by Ookie
reply to post by C-JEAN

Impossible. I have a piece of the Giza pyramid. It contain delicate fossils. Any attempt to make it into or out of concrete or pourable would destroy the fossils. Period.

www.geopolymer.org...

Period.

edit on 7.2.2012 by grobi77 because: (no reason given)

There's a good case to be made for the stones to have been cast as shown in the vids.
But how did they do the sphinx? I thought that was one solid block.
And there are many ornate columns etc that adorn various temples/buildings throughout Egypt... were these all cast too?
I'm not asking so as to be controversial, I am seriously interested in an anwser.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tigereye

But the Great Pyramid is the most imperfect. In fact it's the one where we can clearly see someone made a mistake.

The mortuary causeway hit solid rock, so they had to alter the direction. The rock that they hit eventually became the Sphinx.

In virtually every pyramid, the causeway is always aligned with the sun's path, perpendicular to the Nile. This was very important and sacred to them. Having to alter the causeway in many ways can be called disrespectful. In any ways it can be said to be a block from his entry into the afterlife.

We know that they could not have possibly found it this way, because then every causeway would be bent the same way. But that's not the case, indicating that it was a mistake in the face of already established building traditions.

How do you know they abandoned the Pyramids because of grave robbers?

Because after their civilization collapsed they started burring their dead and their treasures in well defended caves that were fractions of the size. and in strategic locations.

The universe being infinite or not, well YOU or I do not know that for a FACT.

But we sort of do. All things decay. dark energy is causing the universe to expand, but being energy, it will decay, and then the gravitrometric forces of the universe will contrast and it will collapse. This even causes an alteration on the branes of the universe and the cycle of destruction continues
edit on 9-2-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Simply piles of rock? Imagine them when they were built, they must have been amazing. The warn look is due to thousands of years of wear.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by onewithall
Who knows though...2012 is already shaping up to be a weird year!

All the best,
OnewithAll

Could it be a weird year because of all the hype and people expecting it to be weird? So far, for me, nothing has been more unusual than any other year.

It seems to be like this, a house on the edge of town is said to be haunted, and the people in it seem to be strange. You come to this town for a visit and have never seen the house, but you hear about it and then when you drive by the house, you are looking for something weird about because you have already formulated the suggestion as fact in your mind.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown32

hey have you watched "the pyramid code" series? it goes alot deeper into some of this

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

IF the Great Pyramid is older then the others then the envirment back when it was built might have been for other reasons, meaning if it isnt lined up like the other Pyramids perpendicular to the nile then MAYBE it was NOT imperfect just not involved with the scheme of Eygptians agenda that they built the other structures upon.

I still dont understand why there would be grave robbers but ok and there is NO proof that there was anyone buried inside the Great Pyramid and im pretty sure other Pryamids as well.

Again you said we "sort of" know the universe is finite and expanding. Again its still a theory.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

I'm not trying to start an argument, but rather wanting your opinion on something. They said it took around 20 years to construct the pyramids. There is an estimated 2,300,000 blocks each averaging 5,000 pounds (2.5 tons).

If it was/wasn't built by Egyptians, it would mean they would've had to lay a stone every 4.6 minutes for 20 years straight.

It's base is 13 square acres. If you take a satellite image of the apex of the pyramid it is only off of center by a quarter of an inch. The margin of error for each stone is inconceivable.

I'm just curious as to how that could be possible using copper or even dolomite tools with pulleys or logs.

I understand where your coming from, but it just seems well out of the realm of possibility.
edit on 7-2-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

Question. Does total number of blocks include the limestone facing blocks? At one time, the whole pyramid was covered in them and it gleamed white in the sun. What a sight that must have been!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Originally posted by C-JEAN
Hi pyramid watchers.

Why, despite the existence of millions of tons of stone, carved presumably with copper chisels, has not one copper chisel ever been found on the Giza Plateau?

Here could be the answer :
www.livescience.com...

And more similar answers here :
us2.ixquick.com...

Also, the answer is in the link of the second line of my signature.

Blue skies.

Not being an engineer, I think that the reconstituted limestone theory is the best one going right now. It's the option that best fits what we know and gets around the issues (like how big the ramp would have to be to lift the stones manually) in a way that makes sense.

Ground limestone would still have to be "lifted manually," only this way even more weight would have to be lifted because you have to account for the weight of water to mix it with.

So this method doesn't save you any work at all, and it actually causes more work, and it takes much longer because the stones were not poured in place (if they were, there would be forms between the layers and there is not.) Hence, you'd have to pour them and let them dry before you could maneuver them into place.

The method causes more problems, and solves absolutely nothing.

Harte

Are you an engineer?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As said earlier the show The Pyramid Code Episode 2 covers everything said in the first video in much more detail. Infact the illustrations seen through the whole clip are taking from that Episode. And as for those saying it's imperfect or of a primitive people NO WAY! I am aware everyone has posted the mathematical facts and astronomical ect.. So I'll leave with one not much mentioned the fact and one question.. The fact is that each side slowly slopes in accounting for the curvature of the Earth making the side straight. The question is how did the Egyptians way back then know the earth was round but early settlers and sailors believed it to be flat?? Looks to me the "PRIMITIVE" people had many up on i guess you'd call "sub modern" people?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The great pyramid is 'imperfect' because the top peak is 1/4" off center. That's still amazingly accurate for primitive folk. Here's another good question. How did they close the air shafts and why? How did they get that perfect fitting stone all the way down that narrow shaft? It's funny when I see things like the argument about using the boat to transport 80 ton granite rocks down the Nile. So this culture could engineer an amazing wooden boat that allegedly carries 80 tons, yet couldn't develop other advanced technology to make the job easier? I find that very hard to believe, plus I don't think they ever found a boat to match that description. It's pure hypothesis. The calculations involved in designing a boat like that would be complicated and have to be 100% accurate (no error margin) to avoid the boat tilting and numerous other factors. These people were very smart and knew advanced geometry thousands of years before Euclid or anyone else even proposed it. Doing further reading suggests the great pyramid was build in just 20 years. That's absurd. That means 13 blocks per hour working 24 hours a day. That boils down to about 1 block every 5 minutes. That's nonsense considering the video that shows these limestone blocks take 4+ hours just to dry, plus hauling 80 ton granite blocks from 300+ miles away on rolling logs? Sorry I don't buy that without advanced technology.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

When I was a kid, the pyramids never really set well with me. When i was told they were tombs, i was completely flabbergasted...

It just makes no sense at all... a ton of resources for a tomb that big.. just as a tomb. It is just not practical at all.

It makes absolutely no sense. It is a waste of resources, man power and real estate.

To me it is more unbelievable that they were solely used as a tomb. If they were solely used as a tomb that explains why their culture failed.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Actually the whole block thing of it being comprised in 22 years so on and so fourth is rubbish. Just by doing simple math
YEARS *DAYS * HOURS * MINUTES * SECONDS / BLOCKS

22 years = 8030 days = 192,720 hours = 11,563,200 Minutes = 963,792,000 Seconds / 2,500,000 blocks = 277.5168 seconds per block.

So roughly 5 minutes per block that means 24 hours non stop no sleep no lunch or water The ordering of, quarrying of, carrying of, and placing of the block took all of 5 minutes my tail.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Alas all in all we know what we have been told isn't right and that somewhere in a lie is a Gilmore of truth or we wouldn't be on this site now would we.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostmw
Actually the whole block thing of it being comprised in 22 years so on and so fourth is rubbish. Just by doing simple math
YEARS *DAYS * HOURS * MINUTES * SECONDS / BLOCKS

22 years = 8030 days = 192,720 hours = 11,563,200 Minutes = 963,792,000 Seconds / 2,500,000 blocks = 277.5168 seconds per block.

So roughly 5 minutes per block that means 24 hours non stop no sleep no lunch or water The ordering of, quarrying of, carrying of, and placing of the block took all of 5 minutes my tail.

Yep, seems ancient Egyptians were master Tetris players

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny
Are you an engineer?

I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked as a QC/QA Engineer, an Industrial Engineer and an Environmental Engineer.

I teach math and physics now.

Harte

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Actually there is. In fact, only data for this, and nothing else. See you once again are not paying attention to the whole story. Looking at the large structure, but ignoring the rest. There are not ONLY 3 pyramids there.

What I am about to explain also is relevant of how we KNOW it was a mistake and how we know it was suppose to be another way.

Every pyramid looks in plan like a plant sprouting out of the river, growing west, with the sun and time itself. At their base, the queen, from whom all the generations come forth from. To the setting sun, comes the children, who, travel past his setting kingdom, carrying the lineage forward.

Likewise, the pyramids, including the largest an oldest, have more than just a burial chamber for the king. They also have mastabas for the whole family.

It makes no sense that they would find the pyramid, and then claim it, and then replicate it, mind you replicate better- after all, the Pyramid of Khafre is in the same place, but preserved better and at a steeper angle, indicating greater mastery over engineering-, and then make something totally smaller after that.

It makes far more sense that it was built by a lineage of kings at the height of the old kingdom, and that the pyramids get smaller as the empire began to collapse.

So to speak to the form of the pyramids, you wouldn't make a better version of it immediately after discovering it, then fail to do it a third time. But you would make something really cool, make something a little smaller but greater in accomplishment, then even smaller and less impressive as your resources strained.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

How do we know we are deciphering this correctly?
Your right im not paying attention to the story because the story does not make sense.
Have you ever read the emerald tablets of thoth?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Because, to be blatantly obvious, that's what architecture is. Cultural writing.

What does a Hellenistic text written 2000 years later have to do with the pyramids?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

What does a Hellenistic text written 2000 years later have to do with the pyramids?

Same amount of sense the Egyptians culture/stories/architecture have to do with the Great Pyramid.

edit on 10-2-2012 by tigereye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Originally posted by DissentFromDayOne

The egyptians were/are nothing but luciferian wannabes...

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the way to eternal life:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Today may be your last day....believe on Jesus.
edit on 2/7/2012 by DissentFromDayOne because: (no reason given)

Wow, nobody here cares.

Go to a forum that does.

"Luciferian Wannabes?" Geez dude, what are you, Southern Baptist? Do you realize there was 0 notion of "Lucifer" in the age of the Egyptian dynasties, and that in fact the idea of "Lucifer" stems from fear instilled by monarchs and Calvanism?

The original word "Lucifer" comes from a Greek word which means "One Who Bares Light." A lighthouse is a "Lucifer."

You are ignorant.
edit on 7-2-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

Bravo dude!!!

And just to complete what you wrote about the word "Lucifer",
the Greek word is "eosforos" !!!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join