It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSD says YOU are probably a threat! YOU ... Yes, YOU!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
According to the Homeland Security Report (dated 1/31/12) - "Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States" - just about everyone here at ATS is a potential terrorist due to ideological motivation. That's right - by being a good American and believing in your rights (and/or in conspiracy theories) ... YOU are a potential/probable terrorist threat according to Obama's Homeland Security Department.

The report in question -

Report - Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the US

Extreme Right-Wing: groups that subscribe to aspects of the following ideals: they are fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in orientation), anti-global, suspicious of centralized federal authority, reverent of individual liberty (especially their right to own guns, be free of taxes), believe in conspiracy theories that involve grave threat to national sovereignty and/or personal liberty and a belief that one’s personal and/or national “way of life” is under attack and is either already lost or that the threat is imminent (sometimes such beliefs are amorphous and vague, but for some the threat is from a specific ethnic, racial, or religious group), and a belief in the need to be prepared for an attack either by participating in paramilitary preparations and training or survivalism. (2011: 26)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

According to the Homeland Security Report (dated 1/31/12) - "Hot Spots of Terrorism and Other Crimes in the United States" - just about everyone here at ATS is a potential terrorist due to ideological motivation.

Except for us foreigners that hear enough stories that make us never want to ever go back down there. Even my 70 year old neighbours have stated that they have no reason to ever go back there after being hassled at the border.

Nothing down there that we need anyways, no loss.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Lovely.
300 million people that could die tomorrow and you wouldn't care.

Keep your words in mind when all the foreign troops come marching across Canada after the USA falls. The only thing keeping you guys free up there is the fact that such a large US military machine is on your southern border ... a military you don't have to pay for.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Lovely.

Keep your words in mind when all the foreign troops come marching across Canada after the USA falls. The only thing keeping you guys free up there is the fact that such a large US military machine is on your southern border ... a military you don't have to pay for.

I never said I didn't care. Just because I don't like your government doesn't mean I don't like most of the people.
When I say "no loss", I mean, the states doesn't have anything that I need to visit the country for. I want the people to be OK, and I hope things get better soon.

I think it's very sad that Americans are being treated in the way they are. Divided by media, everything is black or caucasian, republican or democrat, religion vs non religion, etc. I hate that there are many people suffering for many reasons, lack of jobs, expensive medical, privacy concerns.....

Our PM is also changing many things up here, and always to line up with the fascism that seems to be on the agenda everywhere these days.

I don't relish the idea of someone's troops marching all across Canada either, but I also realize that we're only 34 million people, and our cold areas seem to be the only thing that keeps us as a relatively small population. When they do start marching up here, we don't even know at this time, if they're going to be from the US, Russia, China......or all of them at once.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You actually believe that? Although Canada doesn't drag it's economy into a hole because of military spending, they have some of the best trained military personnel in the world. Chances are Americans will be migrating north for a better life long before foreign forces are marching south. Better keep a closer eye on your southern border since Iran is recruiting Mexican drug cartels

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Lovely.

These 300 million people, elected G.W. Bush, not just the elder, but also the son, into office. And in doing so, they put into motion, the very hell that is playing itself out. Not just in the US, but all across the globe.

I sincerely hope, that it really sucks to be an American right now, and I sincerely hope it really makes Americans feel bad, in how tehy are treated.

And then I'll ask, where is this BRAVE American? Where is this American, who was so proud at having guns at his home, saying "I'm an American, if they come I'll be prepared". Where is this PROUD American ... where is this proud man, who would fight all enemies, foreign and domestic? I think this proud American is right outside your door, yielling "Sieg Heil!".

I wonder where these Americans are now, that said that Germans should have gotten rid of their Hitler. Now that they don't have only one, but an entire group of Adolf Hitlers, running their schemes. I wonder where their will to fight against injustice went ... maybe it got suffocated by the "Pride of being the Victorer in a war". Maybe they're too busy hanging up all those pictures of malformed children, after the depleted uranium. Maybe they're too busy adoring the pictures of piled up bodies, at Abu Grahib.

My personal opinion is this, if HIllary Clinton was Chinese, they'd probably put her down for rabies.

So, I don't think it's that much of a "failed" report by HSD, to expect that there are people PLANNING to put her down, like the bitch she is ... along with the rest of neo-con dogs.

In reality, it would be stupid not to expect it.

edit on 6/2/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

I think it is the other way around , from your post

Better keep a closer eye on your southern border since Iran is recruiting Mexican drug cartels
it is Mexican drug cartels recruiting Iran troops, or radicals, remember "your enemy is my enemy, there fore we are friends" no one seems to take that seriously, it is time you do, he who does not see what is in front of him, gets black eye!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
You actually believe that? Although Canada doesn't drag it's economy into a hole because of military spending,

You just proved my point. You must believe it as well.
Canada gets a whole lotta' benefit from the American military machine being on it's southern border.

Better keep a closer eye on your southern border since Iran is recruiting Mexican drug cartels

I've been saying that for years ... no one listens ...

You guys are MISSING the entire point of the article. BACK ON TOPIC

Most, if not all, people here at ATS are considered a threat by Homeland Security.
Nearly everyone here believes in their Constitutional freedoms and rights.
Nearly everyone here believes they are being taken away.
Nearly everyone here is a 'conspiracist' (that's the whole point of the site).
And as far as 'foreigners' goes ... they are considered 'troublemakers' for believing that the US Gov't
is taking away people's rights so I'm sure they are on a watch list as well.

Seriously .. Read the report. It's spooky.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Me?
What did I do?

Seriously, OP? I agree. The draconian measures taking place now just make me want to hide somewhere and have someone get me when the insanity stops.

edit on 6-2-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
I sincerely hope, that it really sucks to be an American right now,

:shk: Lovely. Another one.
Seriously ... you have missed the topic. Go back and READ THE REPORT.

If you believe in conspiracies ... you are a threat.
If you believe in your constitutional right to gun ownership ... you are a threat.
If you believe that your rights are being threatened ... you are a threat.
If you believe that you should 'prepare' (have extra food in the house, etc) ... you are a threat.

This is what Homeland Security says ... these folks are a 'threat'.
That's pretty much most of ATS right there ....

Hey ATS ... YOU are a threat accordiing to Homeland Security.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Me? What did I do?

You beezzer .. you are a huge threat according to Homeland Security. You believe in conspiracy theories. OMG you post at a conspiracy site on the internet!! YIKES!! You believe your rights are in danger. And if you have a little extra food put aside at home in case something happens (which I bet you do have) .... you are a serious threat to America. And don't even bring in the right to own arms and what you've said about that over the years ....

Wow. BEEZZER! Major threat! (According to the homeland security report)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You can't lay all this on Obama though, all he has done is enhance the measures which was always the direction it was going to go. DHS was a scheme waiting in the wings, as well as the comically named PATRIOT act to be put into operation after the little New York event. Seriously, it's all so contrived and planned.

Republicans / Democrats are all alike and subservient to the same big money and foreign interests. The bickering between them is pure theatre to keep the people polarised and divided.

Anyone speaking out against it all publically and attempting to rally the people and wake them up to this is a threat to their power base and must be watched and, if necessary, even eliminated.
People are so easily led when kept in fear of external threats and manufactured bogeymen, it's always been that way and I see no change as long as people idly sit by and think "it can't happen here". It already has, by stealth over a long time, but the police state is definitely upon us all.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You have to appreciate the irony. The subset of the population that will be targeted by the government are being targeted because they are worried they might be targeted by the government.

[head explodes].

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Me? What did I do?

You beezzer .. you are a huge threat according to Homeland Security. You believe in conspiracy theories. OMG you post at a conspiracy site on the internet!! YIKES!! You believe your rights are in danger. And if you have a little extra food put aside at home in case something happens (which I bet you do have) .... you are a serious threat to America. And don't even bring in the right to own arms and what you've said about that over the years ....

Wow. BEEZZER! Major threat! (According to the homeland security report)

Dang. I also believe in The Bill of Rights, the Constitution, honesty, integrity, personal responsibility, individuality, and respect.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
You can't lay all this on Obama though,

I never mentioned the guys name at all ...

I also believe in The Bill of Rights, the Constitution, honesty, integrity, personal responsibility, individuality, and respect.

Then you are probably on the double top secret probation list....
(from *Animal House)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I guess I did get a little off-topic but you are right about the fact that everyone should be concerned with this. It seems that a lot of people these days are at least questioning their governments more and becoming aware of the liberties that are being gradually taken away from them. I also believe the government is aware of this and are making more of an attempt to label anyone going against their ideals a 'threat to national security'. It seems attempts like this are meant to convince the remaining 'sheeple' of the 'threat' coming from the 'awakened'. I believe the Occupy movement is a good example.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Belief.

That is all that can give this strength or make it weaker.

Change the belief and change the outcome.

You really do become what your worship and give attention too.

The article you link is an extreme opposite of liberty, yet so many give it attention, fear and belief.

It will happen at the rate it is getting served which is quite high in my opinon.

I am not advocating ignorance is bliss but rather a form of attention that is intelligent instead of fear based attention that is already established in the mainstream and alternative media.

Ive realised over a long time that almost everything that is focused on and truly believed is given power, just look at money for one example. Stop focusing on this BS, and it will never become more than BS. It really is all in the hands of the people, it just seems that it is not with the influences that are all around us such as television, newspapers and even the internet mainstream (sadly alternatives are fast becoming too)

Another way and it is the only way I can put this into words is, instead of the well known...

Problem, reaction, solution...

Problem, solution, reaction...

It would take it back to the whole problem maker, instead of all this confusion and unnecessary infighting.
edit on 6-2-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Do your know why? Those conspiracies are usually correct.

Oh yeah. From my cold dead hand.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Do your know why? Those conspiracies are usually correct.

Oh yeah. From my cold dead hand.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
that makes thomas jefferson, george washington and a good majority of the founding fathers terrorists.

that's how out of whack the government has been hijacked by tyrants.

which reminds me, isn't there something in the constitution or the declaration of independence that it is the duty of every american to overthrow tyrants, both foreign and domestic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join