It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bradley Manning Nominated For Nobel Peace Prize

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
In an interesting twist to the ongoing saga of Pvt. Bradley Manning, an Icelandic group, The Members of the Icelandic Parliament for The Movement, has nominated Mr. Manning for the Nobel Peace Prize.

February 1st 2012 the entire parliamentary group of The Movement of the Icelandic Parliament nominated Private Bradley Manning for the Nobel Peace Prize. Following is the reasoning we sent to the committee explaining why we felt compelled to nominate Private Bradley Manning for this important recognition of an individual effort to have an impact for peace in our world.

Bradley Manning Nobel Peace Prize Nomination 2012

One cannot help but sense the irony of how the Obama Adminstration is trying to nail Mr. Manning's hide to the wall for exposing what he felt was immoral actions being taken in the name of the U.S.. The same Obama who received the very same award while continuing, and yes even escalating, the drone warfare over Afghanistan.

While I wouldn't give strong odds on Pvt. Manning making the final cut, I still cannot help but smile a bit and offer best wishes to the Icelandic group for having the guts to stand up and nominate him for the award.

On a final, related note kudos to ATS member kalunom for creating a thread back in October 2011 speculating this would happen for the 2011 award:

2011 Nobel Peace Prize Speculations

So? What are your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I read the title and thought Eli Manning was to get the prize for winning the Super Bowl

I fully support Bradly Manning and endorse this

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think this is great news as well!

He sacrificed everything to bring truth to the public and to no gain, only loss to himself.

I hope he gets it! It would be a great victory for everyone!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Finally someone deserving of the peace prize. I don't think any government official including the president is eligable for it. Especially when the country they are "running" is stuck in 2 proxy wars. I can already hear it "those were Bush's wars". Well they are Obama's war's now... Just read an article saying he will be increasing elite troop role in afghanistan from now until 2014. Those actions are NOT deserving of the Nobel Peace Prize. How sad would it be if Bradley wins the prize while sitting in a jail cell. That would be such a sign of the times right there. We jail the real freedom fighters and let all the corprate crooks slide. My best wishes and hopes are with Bradley Manning on this one.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Just got this on Twitter
www.whistleblower.org...

Talk about double face or what

top topics

join