It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: Just Another Oil War!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you think about it, the Iran Sanctions = giving more power to Iran itself. If they Hoard all of their oil and do not let anyone use it, this could end up shifting the power from Israel to Iran in that region. The sanctions is a very stupid move on the various countries that are doing them, because it isolates Iran more and solidifies its friendships with those in Latin America and Asia. Essentially giving more power to Iran to do as it pleases.

If you look at it from an Oil point of view, which is how I viewed the last major wars in recent times, then it becomes clear that this is another oil war! Nuclear Weapons is just a scaremongering Media Keyword. It doesn't really matter if Iran has or does not have Nuclear Weapons, that's just the "reason" we will go to war. (See: Iraq) Israel may not want Iran to attack them either, so that's another portion of it. But with the sanctions we are giving Iran the power and the right to attack us, and we should have wiped them off the face of the Earth when we had the chance. The Peace Talks are a joke. Obama doesn't see this, they are mocking us!!!

This very scenario has already been talked about in the Anti-American Pro-Iranian Press (PressTV)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Well I guess they will be pissed now check the news, Obama just signed an executive order to freeze all Iranian assets due to Iran supposedly concealing transactions. www.scribd.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
If you think about it, the Iran Sanctions = giving more power to Iran itself. If they Hoard all of their oil and do not let anyone use it, this could end up shifting the power from Israel to Iran in that region. The sanctions is a very stupid move on the various countries that are doing them, because it isolates Iran more and solidifies its friendships with those in Latin America and Asia. Essentially giving more power to Iran to do as it pleases.

If you look at it from an Oil point of view, which is how I viewed the last major wars in recent times, then it becomes clear that this is another oil war! Nuclear Weapons is just a scaremongering Media Keyword. It doesn't really matter if Iran has or does not have Nuclear Weapons, that's just the "reason" we will go to war. (See: Iraq) Israel may not want Iran to attack them either, so that's another portion of it. But with the sanctions we are giving Iran the power and the right to attack us, and we should have wiped them off the face of the Earth when we had the chance. The Peace Talks are a joke. Obama doesn't see this, they are mocking us!!!

This very scenario has already been talked about in the Anti-American Pro-Iranian Press (PressTV)

If you think its just a war for oil then you have a very... simple head....
edit on 6-2-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

If they Hoard all of their oil and do not let anyone use it, this could end up shifting the power from Israel to Iran in that region.

..How, exactly?

The sanctions is a very stupid move on the various countries that are doing them, because it isolates Iran more and solidifies its friendships with those in Latin America and Asia. Essentially giving more power to Iran to do as it pleases.

Iran losing connections with Europe and 'earning' new ones with piss poor communist S.American countries isn't really making them any stronger.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If you read my post it's not ONLY about Oil, just the main part of it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

It's solidifying their allies What do you think mahmoud ahmadinejad did for that whole week in Latin America? If Iran effectively gets all of the various terror groups that hate the US and the West on their side, than yea, they will have strong and very hateful masses!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Sorry but you are just so wrong on every point. Firstly the war is not so much about oil control as it is about the enrichment facilities, with Irans 50.000 nuclear enrichment ovens vs the U.S 3.000, they would surely overtake the nuclear fuel market in no time if left uncontested. Next, you seem to have no idea what the sanctions actually does, it is hardly something that will make Iran "stronger", although it will most certainly make them angry(which is the point). Don´t think i need to go on, as the rest of your post is just smoke built on fallacies.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

It's solidifying their allies What do you think mahmoud ahmadinejad did for that whole week in Latin America? If Iran effectively gets all of the various terror groups that hate the US and the West on their side, than yea, they will have strong and very hateful masses!

The terror groups who hate the US and the west are already on their side. And you did not get my point.

They are making new connections with poor countries in South America instead of rich and resourceful countries in Europe. This is not really making them stronger, it's preventing them from completely losing any regional ties.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't know that I agree, but hear me out.

If this becomes a war, how is it for oil? Iran only produces 8% of the oil supply for the world, and their biggest customers are Russia and China. Why would the United State or Israel want with their oil? Furthermore, the United State invaded Iraq, no oil was sent back to the states. And not to forget Libya, after the fall of Gadaffi, the US could have easily sent people over to start manning the oil fields, but didn't.

I just don't by the statement "Iran: Just Another Oil War!"
edit on 6-2-2012 by KnightFire because: typo

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

If this becomes a war, how is it for oil? Iran only produces 8% of the oil supply for the world, and their biggest customers are Russia and China. Why would the United State or Israel want with their oil? Furthermore, the United State invaded Iraq, no oil was sent back to the states. And not to forget Libya, after the fall of Gadaffi, the US could have easily sent people over to state manning the oil field, but didn't.

I just don't by the statement "Iran: Just Another Oil Way!"

They leap to the simplest explanation because they dont want to invest the time and effort into understanding the real issues around the conflict.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

If this becomes a war, how is it for oil? Iran only produces 8% of the oil supply for the world, and their biggest customers are Russia and China. Why would the United State or Israel want with their oil? Furthermore, the United State invaded Iraq, no oil was sent back to the states. And not to forget Libya, after the fall of Gadaffi, the US could have easily sent people over to state manning the oil field, but didn't.

I just don't by the statement "Iran: Just Another Oil Way!"

They leap to the simplest explanation because they dont want to invest the time and effort into understanding the real issues around the conflict.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

"Piss poor" Latin American countries? Are you forgetting, Russia, China and India?

The US and Israel have done quite a bit to try and push Iran towards making the first strike, but all it has done was split the world in two...and I have news for you, Israeliguy, our half is the smaller one.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Protectionism pure and simple on the US s part.

tutor2u.net...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

If this becomes a war, how is it for oil? Iran only produces 8% of the oil supply for the world, and their biggest customers are Russia and China. Why would the United State or Israel want with their oil? Furthermore, the United State invaded Iraq, no oil was sent back to the states. And not to forget Libya, after the fall of Gadaffi, the US could have easily sent people over to start manning the oil fields, but didn't.

I just don't by the statement "Iran: Just Another Oil War!"
edit on 6-2-2012 by KnightFire because: typo
Thats still alot of oil and if the big interests in america can capture it then who controls it?

but most likely oil is just the tip of the iceberg

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

yeah I see the glut of oil we have after being at war with Iraq, man it is flowing in the streets, hell they are giving gas away at pumps we have so much oil. give me a break about how much oil we got from going to war with Iraq, you can't show me a single barrel of the stuff from Iraq that was shipped here since the war began, everyone who claims that the war was so we could take the oil can't back that with any hard proof. They can show some text written by someone that believes the same thing they do but it still won;t be hard evidence, like a photo pf the tankers full of oil and me paying less at the pumps.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
(The Top 10 Oil Fields Of The Future)

www.forbes.com...

Look at how many fields Iraq has.
Now, do some research as to where the majority of the Iranian oil is located.

The Khuzestan Province
en.wikipedia.org...

Guess which province Saddam invaded Iran for a few years after the 1979 Iranian Revolution?
Guess which one TPTB want back under their control.

But it also is NOT just about oil, there are other important resources that come into play with Iran as well.
They are VAST quantities of untapped resources in Afghanistan; iron, copper, cobalt, gold, and lithium.
www.nytimes.com...

I am willing to bet Iran has a lot more to offer than just oil. It is a resource war and it is all about getting these precious materials under one umbrella.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If Iran gets nuclear weapons, there's nothing stopping them from selling their oil for currencies other than dollars and systematically ruining the U.S. economy. That's what this is all about.

new topics

top topics

join