It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AN XBOX For $35?! Do I look Like an Idiot?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Alright...here's the question...I'm checking out the prices on some modded-out xboxs on ebay - they're not supposed to be on ebay - but they're there...and some nice ones at that...At any rate...

I come across this ...

The guy claims he can send you his info for $5 on how to get an xbox for $35 - and oh...by the way...it's a tedious and time-consuming process....

So before I waste my $5.......has anyone tried this?!?! Is it a scame or is it real?? Sounds too good to be true if you ask me!

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Has anyone seen/done this?? Results? Comments...?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Iv heard that they all work in the LOOOOOOONG run....but I wouldnt waste my money on them. eBay is littered with them tho...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I was dumb enough to try one of those things years ago, its a waste of money. The info the guy sent, you could've found one your own for free.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks guys - I figured it was a waste of time and money...unfotrunately I'm usually I bit to gullable on these things so I figured why not double check...

I was curious myself when I saw there were about 20 of the same ad on ebay - ebay must be working in conjunction with this guy tho...When I was scrolling thru the modded out xboxs, at the end there was what looked like an "offical" ebay game console section...I clicked on "xbox" and that's what it took me too....hmmmmm

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ok I have actually purchased one of these info things on ebay. What you get is a website for products which you can get for pennies on the dollar. The problem is that you have to Depending on how the matrix works, you could get it real soon if it is an active site or can wait forever. If you name never comes up you are sol because you arent buying the item but rather manuals for weird products and the xbox is a prize. If it is an active site then it could be worth your money. I havent tried mine out yet.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I was walking past one of the game stores (EB Games, Game Stop, etc. I don't remember which one) and there was a sign in the window for used xboxes on sale for around $50. You might just want to save yourself the hassle and aquire one this way.

new topics

top topics

join