It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality - If you see something, Film something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If You See Something, Film Something (Recording The Police is a Dangerous but Necessary Thing to do

I tell my friends this all the time - If you see something that the Police are doing wrong, make sure you film it. If they come to your house, film it - make sure, like they do, that you are aware of all your rights and that they are been recorded to make sure your safety isnt at risk.

People need to take it upon their selves when they see a Police officer abusing their powers, whether that be verbally abusing or violently abusing civilians - to record the incident.

Many Police Officers think that they can not be touched, well my friend this is not the case - we can, just like they do - document everything that they do wrong and press charges on them just as they do with us.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I've seen some police brutality scenes that just left me with no reaction

Unfortunetly, didn't have a camera with me at the time.

One of the nastiest was a police officer that out of nowhere just decided that a young black man was looking all menacing and dangerous laughing with friends (:@@
and started to punch him and drag him by the hair.
Everyone wanted to help, but a big group of cops appeared out of nowhere and people just screamed for them to stop.

Many of them have power-trips, it's sad

edit on 6-2-2012 by Evansr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sweet Christ help us all. I don't know why i watched...should we, even in the name of knowledge, no matter how painful it is, subject ourselves to this kind of viewing?

I know things are bad, I know this kind of stuff happens and I don't want to see...does that make me ignorant in a turn-the-other-cheek kind of way? I don't know, Ill leave this one to the hard-cores to hash out, please excuse me, my soul aches and I feel a little queasy.

s&f OP but it kinda killed my morning and a little piece of my soul at the same time. Knowledge is power I guess, but sometimes no amount of sugar will make that medicine go down any easier.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by clowdstalker

It is normal to feel like that after watching violence to this extent, no matter who is involved.
If you didn't, that's when you should worry

That is true courage, courage to know the truth and pursue it even though it might just kill ya a bit on the inside.

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Evansr

Here's a story for you guys.

I was due to go to court when i was 16 years old for criminal damage charges at my school - charges of which got dropped, but none the less i missed the court date and the Police visited my house at 1.30 in the morning, on a school night. I was fast asleep in my bed when i heard loads of commotion down stairs, so i went down stairs and seen that my mum was arguing with the police.

Bare in mind that i was 16 at the time guys, 4 Police cars and 2 vans came to my house - making a total of around 11 officers at my house - all for criminal damage charges that was caused in school after a fight broke out between a massive amount of pupils. My mum was arguing said they had no right to come take me and they're was no need to search all the house with this amount of officers. While i was been put into the Police van, i seen my other get picked up and dragged by the police to another van, by 5 police officers. (my mum is a cool mum and stands up for everything thats right, she wasnt been disrespectful to the officers, she just just told them that what they're doing is wrong and that they needed a warrant)

Anyhow I got let out after nearly 30 hours, because i had to wait for my mother to come out of the cells as i didnt have nobody else to come collect me. When my mother came out she had broken both her wrists and she still is unable to carry anything to this date with her left arm. She pressed charges against the police, but in the end - because we couldn't afford a proper solicitor and had to get a duty solicitor - after 3years my mother got a letter saying that the item spent chasing the case has now taken too long and that its going to be dropped.

So my mum got two broken wrist after the police came with 10+ officers to a 16year olds house for something that a group of people did....in school.

Due to my colour i have been a target for 'random' street stops. Iv been arrested and put in a cell for over 15 hours because i fitted the description of a black youth. I got let out with an apology, but really - thats not good enough.

When in town i have seen multiple people get violently abused by police officers who are on a power trip. When a police man sees a fight, he jumps in their batons blazing not caring who instigated what treating both individuals as if they have killed his mother.

The time has come where we need to film everything that they do, then maybe we will usher out this feeling that they have of been untouchable - When they know normal citizens have the power to film and press charges- they will start acting right, treating people as they would want to be treat

top topics

join