It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost for nearly a week, family considered eating pet. Would YOU do it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

This is true. I know people who do the survival courses where they drop you somewhere for a month. They said you would be shocked at what you would start eating when you get hungry enough.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I love the holier then thou statements, oh how could you ever get lost?

Seriously, it is not that hard. You just get turned around once and your screwed if you lose direction.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I don't consider Lucy a "pet" that denotes slavery - she's my companion that happens to be another species.

Perhaps you might want to read a book by Matthew Skully called, "Dominion".

Besides, you eat your dog and your hearing goes - a bunch of thugs could sneak up on you.

With a dog, ain't gonna happen, most dogs hear and smell way better than us.

Our 92# Shepard Husky could smell a gun on a kid at our door and placed himself between my husband and the kid barring his two inch fangs...........kid left rather quickly.

Just saying, I would trust a dog before most humans. Humans aren't as loyal as dogs.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

if it were that simple, we wouldn't need search and rescue teams.
Your berating others for not knowing something when you don't know that much yourself.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I wouldn't think twice about it.

My dog would want me to do it. He is that loyal.

The cat, on the other hand, I would eat just because ... well, just because.

LOL... Really? I bet your dog is thinking, 'Hope this bastard dies first so I can have a good meal for a change.'

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Wow so your cats sound like a great hunters, maybe they could teach my Lucy a thing or two. Lucy is a hunting dog but not so keen on hunting........she does point though if it's a bunny or squirrel. Geese scare her

Sounds like if TSHTF you and your cats bringing you little tidbits might do okay.

I read that if a cat brings you a dead animal, mouse, lizard, etc, it's considered a honor that they are "sharing with you".......pretty cool.

edit on 6-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
I bet your dog is thinking, 'Hope this bastard dies first so I can have a good meal for a change.'

It takes cats only mere days to start munching on their dead owner (if the owner is not found in days)......so you may have a point there.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

You would eat human for no other reason other then spite!!??

No don't twist my words around.

I would never harm you or your family BUT if you or your family stepped onto my property with the intent of killing and eating my dog you would not end up well.

I would not go out and search you out.

Want to barter for eggs, got eggs, might even cook you a meal because I know how to get food in that type of area.............all I was saying was I would not allow you or anyone else to touch my dog.

My dog I consider a family member.

Again, break into my home and yes you could very well end up in my stew pot so keep your distance and nasty comments to yourself.

I don't go out looking for trouble but if it happens to find me, well I'm ready.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Comedic interlude:

The Dog's Diary:

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!

9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!

9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!

10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!

12:00 pm - Milk bones! My favorite thing!

1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!

3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!

5:00 pm - Dinner! My favorite thing!

7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!

8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!

11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

------------------------------------------

The Cat's Diary:

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet. Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates my capabilities. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Jerks!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage. Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow, but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released, and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded. The bird must be an informant. I observe him communicate with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now.

www.joke-of-the-day.com...

I read this years ago and found it to be apt.... and funny as hell. Which one would you NOT want to turn your back on?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
On some website I don't remember I saw an article about a woman who escaped from North Korea telling how she had witnessed people eating their children. She said one mother killed and cooked her 9 year old daughter and another one killed her 16 year old son and sold the carcus to a butcher. They had this woman on video saying these things. She looked normal. She was speaking normally, not raving like a lunatic, but I don't believe her for one minute. It's just not human nature to eat your children to stay alive. As for the dog. I don't know. Some people would do it. Some wouldn't. I don't know what I would do. I wouldn't know until I was there.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Mushroom pickers, guess these weren't the brightest of the bunch.

They were never able to start a fire, having no matches or lighters.

"Every other time we been out there, every one of us had lighters, except this time," Dan Conne said. "Rubbing sticks together? That don't work. Slamming rocks together? Only on TV.

Actually, yes it does and he had a knife with him to make all the materials necessary...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I love the holier then thou statements, oh how could you ever get lost?

Seriously, it is not that hard. You just get turned around once and your screwed if you lose direction.

I got lost in the woods once and I don't think I was ever more than 20 feet from the shoreline where I went in and it took me about 45 minutes to find my way out.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
id probably find food for my dog before me

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I love my dogs+especialy my youngest cat very much indeed-BUT i love my children more.So although i myself would rather starve to death than eat one of my pets,i sure as hell would not let my kids starve..and i would kill a human(adult though,i could'nt kill a child)if it meant my children would survive.#,shame+sorry,but there you have it.And any mother who would not go to such extremes to save her kids,should not have kids.I would cut off pieces of my own flesh to feed them if it came to that,in a heartbeat.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Yea I used to have cats "honor" me. Not so pleasant when you step on it first thing in the morning.

Oh, entrails. Thanks cat.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I have a question for all those who think it would be more beneficial to train the dog to hunt.

How long do you think it would take to train a dog to hunt, not only hunt, but to learn to not eat the prey and bring it back to you.

Now mind you, you are already out of food. And to make conditions fair, you don't have an already trained dog, and you get stuck with a random breed, like a cocker spaniel.

It would be easier if you started off with a setter or lab, but since this a random scenario, you get a random dog.

If you have the time, I would be interested in hearing your training techniques.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I would sooner cut my left hand off and eat that than eat my dog.
2nd

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I would rather starve to death. I love my pets and would never harm them.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Our first pointer, Odie almost got a deer in mid run. Oh running he was poetry in motion and point, he would point at any squirrel, bunny or bird.

He had a on going feud with one of our squirrels. He cornered a bunny and sniffed it, held it in the corner but didn't kill it (thank goodness).

A guy in my office offered me $100.00 to "rent" him for the weekend hunting deer up in Wisconsin but I said "a bunch of men with guns running around with my dog in a field, no way."

I miss my Odie. He was quite a guy. We had him for 15 years. He was 4-5 when we got him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join