It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking:Europe deep freeze reaches North Africa! & Mini Ice Age

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Not an Ice Age eh?

Source 1

The cold weather extended as far south as Algeria, with rare snowfall on several towns and cities. Roads were blocked and villages in mountainous areas were cut off. At least 16 people were reported to have died - five of them from carbon monoxide poisoning linked to gas heating.

Yup maybe it will reach Libya who knows where it will go next.

Video: Rome worst Snowfall in Over Years!
Source AP

Source Weather network

Well it sure looks like a mini ice age to me the same system has also hit china parts of china i heard nearly 100 people died.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Hmm...now, when's the last time any of this happened?

Coincidence, or 2012?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It's weird because I live in Northern Canada and we have had record warmth with little to no snow. This has NEVER happened in my entire life. Weather all over the world seems to be shifting.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Hmm...last year 2010–2011 in Europe

The winter of 2010-2011 in Europe began with an unusually cold November caused by a cold weather cycle that started in southern Scandinavia and subsequently moved south and west over both Belgium and the Netherlands on 25 November and into the west of Scotland and north east England on 26 November. This was due to a low pressure zone in the Baltics, with a high pressure over Greenland on 24 November.

Wikilink

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The unusual cold weather is the result of this. When their interdimensional transport craft materialize they draw a lot of energy from the surrounding enviroment. They are going to soon make them selves known. There is not much time to prepare, do not listen to them they decieve you into believing they are gods and getting you to leave with them. They will tell you that if you leave with them you will live forever, It is not the truth. If you go they will harvest you. They are not really gods at all, just a super intellegent alien race. They will not overtly harm you, just decieve those who believe the BODY is the ultimate existence into committing suicide.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jassu

It's weird because I live in Northern Canada and we have had record warmth with little to no snow. This has NEVER happened in my entire life. Weather all over the world seems to be shifting.

Same here fellow Canadian in fact in Toronto spring came early huh it came last month with birds birds love meeting
that so early??

Well no record breaking for temps though in Toronto.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In the UK, all of this has been totally overplayed. If you listened to the news at the weekend, we were in for huge snow showers, freezing temps blar blar blar, doom and gloom, level 2 warnings.

What really happened was we had some snow and it all went the next day, probably the lightest weather in the winter wehave had for years, utter bs and propoganda.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The UK is just the usual Winter, as for the snow in Italy and Africa, thats something to have a look at, my friend that lives in Spain has been freezing, where she is the natives say they have never known a January like it. Pole shift seems the most likely explanation. Maybe need to shift from Scotland before I have to add polar bears to my list of things that get in my way during my daily working commute

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Warm winter here in southern US. Normally we've had a couple of snow falls by now, 2-3 inches and highs in the 30s.

I don't think the temp has dropped below 50 since before Christmas. We've got plants blooming, birds building nests, the whole Spring works. Personally I kinda like it, but I do miss the snow.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm in Miami. I bought my kids some long sleeve shirts for christmas.
So far those clothes till have the tags on them.
I hasn't been cold enough here to wear them.
Thankfully we've had some nice weather.
It's been in the uppper 70's lower 80's.

Not sure what's going on with the weather. But it hasn't been cold at all.
Maybe all our cold weather went to europe for the winter.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Warm winter here in southern US. Normally we've had a couple of snow falls by now, 2-3 inches and highs in the 30s.

I don't think the temp has dropped below 50 since before Christmas. We've got plants blooming, birds building nests, the whole Spring works. Personally I kinda like it, but I do miss the snow.

yep...I'm in Memphis and the highs have been in the upper 60's for 2 weeks now...lots of thunderstorms-tornados; even swatting mosquitos and killing bugs

edit on 6-2-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Nobody is denying the weather is upside down. For the record, till now the UK has had an unusually mild and windy winter. Now winter is finally here - but so far it's not as bad as 2009/2010.
Of course elsewhere in Europe they have had record cold. But it doesn't follow that it's a mini ice age. I fail to understand the OP's logic (or lack of it). When the periods of cold grow longer and summer grows shorter - or when winter just doesn't stop - then we can call it an ice age.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I;m in Algeria, far from normal here I am in the mountainous regions which were cut off from the storm which is still raging here for 4 days in a row now. My cactus plants are buried, I also am using a propane heater but making sure I turn it off at night so its all up to my reversible air conditioner and my blankets. The power has been on and off for the last 4 days, we have had around close to 2 feet of snow and still coming. I am in Zitouna, Skikda, and I can tell you it hasnt snowed here in 10 years. and the ;ast time before that was maybe once in my husbands 35 years. This is crazy, no cars, no plow, no traffic, just hunkering down, thank God for the internet.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Hmm...now, when's the last time any of this happened?

Coincidence, or 2012?

In 1986, in 1952, in 1947, in 1929....
And these are just the ones I remember right now.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Yes, odd weather, isn't it?

Sweden?

No, Morocco

Siberia?

No, Algeria...

Source (in French)
edit on 6-2-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

top topics

join