It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama signs executive order freezing Iran assets in U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

Haven't they already invaded???

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile

Haven't they already invaded???

Chinese army on american soil? nope.

closest america has been to invasion is pearl harbor. unless you want to count the boarder hoppings from mexico

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

FOLKS, this is the real deal.. FDR froze Japan assets in the United States on July 26, 1941 and many say this was the final nail in the coffin of "sanctions". The attack on Pearl Harbor occurred less than 5 months later.. Spread this madness FAST!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I was refering to a non-violent cultural and economic invasion. I know our history. It was my attempt at satire!

Yes, if the Chinese army attempted to invade the continetial US I think that many of us who pratice the 2nd amendment would put up some resistance.

In fact I would stake my life on it!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile

I was refering to a non-violent cultural and economic invasion. I know our history. It was my attempt at satire!

Yes, if the Chinese army attempted to invade the continetial US I think that many of us who pratice the 2nd amendment would put up some resistance.

In fact I would stake my life on it!

if they invaded they wouldnt get much farther than cali.

tell me about the cultural invasion. i see none of that. economic plenty. cultural none. i see some japanese though

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Obama uses NDAA to halt Iranian assets

This article has some scary information in it about the NDAA:

Over the weekend though, President Obama cited a separate provision in the act to authorize his decision to sanction Iran over continuing rumors of a nuclear weaponry program.

In its brief history, it is not the first time the US has used the law.

Since President Obama approved the act on December 31, 2011, the US Supreme Court has already used the language in the legislation at least once to defend the continued imprisonment of an alleged terrorist held at Guantanamo Bay for the last nine years. Musa'ab al-Madhwani, a Yemeni national, has been behind bars at the Gitmo military prison since 2002 despite never being charged — and being called a model prisoner. Last month, however, the highest court in America used the NDAA to keep him locked up indefinitely, citing that any suspicion of affiliation with terrorism-aligned insurgency was enough to keep him locked up for life.

There you go, folks. The US not only detains people abroad and holds them in detention camps indefinitely, they now also have thrown away with hundreds of years worth of judicial progress by using new laws against someone detained before the laws were even put into effect.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Oh, so its about money laundering now?

They always just insert some generic reasoning that fits the narrative.
for example, they froze the monetary assets so they accuse them of money laundering.

Do they think we actually believe their BS? We all know its not about money laundering, its all about the potential pending war with iran. Just come out and say it, its not like their arent plenty of people in the US that want war with iran.

Its funny, i did a google search for iran money laundering and came up with NO big cases of this. In fact i came up with links praising Irans first anti-money laundering initiative, one even from the UN.

well thats my .02

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I read this morning that the Supreme leader in Iran has now supported preemptive action to smash the threats to Iran. He said he wants to destroy Israel and slaughter every Jew in it. Its on Iran's main web page and linked to all other news outlets from what I read but I have no joy in linking to an Iranian government page so you all can find it.

I guess they just don't know when to be quiet.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Invaded? People forget , if a country invades , they will have already annihilated most population centers in the United States.

There is no mass communication , only hand-held radios to the few people who keep broadbands in their home. These are easily jammed on civilian frequencies.

If we get invaded , we will be literally living in the stone age - with rifles and very limited ammo.

I suggest you hide if we get invaded. You will be killed and there is nothing honorable about it. Did i mention dieing generally hurts and you take your family with you?

----

Iran will not be the lone wolf in the invasion. They will have other countries backing them if we are invaded. Though invasion is a near reality impossibility because the other country will be annihilated as well , several other countries.

---

People need to start wondering exactly why Iran wants Nuclear weapons , why Iran is stalling the US inspectors , and why they are so persistent in support terrorism.

Iran does not need nukes. Iran is not a random target for the US or Israel. Iran would be even more properious without going against the majority and without seeking Nuclear weapons. Iran has no reason to attack another nation with weapons of mass destruction. No one wants to attack Iran because there are other countries that have 10 fold what Iran has.

People do not realise , Iran is the one that is in the wrong. They wouldnt have sanctions and all these problems if they werent in the wrong. They would be more prosperious. No one wants to conquer Iran , they dont have anything we need besides Oil. It would be cheaper to drill the Oil in America than attack Iran to have their oil.

People are so blind. Iran has nothing America needs.

Russia and Iran are up to something big. Obviously , and it isnt for the betterment of all nations.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

You think Iran is going to invade the US? Just like Iraq was going to do, right?

Iran does not need nukes. Iran is not a random target for the US or Israel.

You're right, it's not a random target; it's actually a strategic target because when Iran and Syria fall into the American sphere of influence, then the US will virtually control central Asia, along with Europe, and will then focus its efforts on controlling more of Eastasia.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If we don't stand up now and let it be known that we disagree with what our our leaders are getting us into, it will be too late to do anything about it. The ball is rolling folks.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
if obama would just freeze israel's asset's in the u.s., there would be peace in the middle east and the palestinians would have freedom and democracy, thanks to the self-appointed champion of democracy.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Invaded? People forget , if a country invades , they will have already annihilated most population centers in the United States.

There is no mass communication , only hand-held radios to the few people who keep broadbands in their home. These are easily jammed on civilian frequencies.

If we get invaded , we will be literally living in the stone age - with rifles and very limited ammo.

I suggest you hide if we get invaded. You will be killed and there is nothing honorable about it. Did i mention dieing generally hurts and you take your family with you?

----

your foolish to beleive such a thing. the only way that would work is if the major population centers were wiped out and that would only slow down the end of any invasion. just because you would run and hide like a coward dosn't mean the rest of the americans would do the same. do you know why japan never invaded? because theres a rifle behind every blade of grass.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This is making hypocrisy into an art form. The fed hides transactions but obama says irans central bank is bad for doing this exact thing. So by his own words the fed is bad.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I feel safer already..now can someone direct me to a body scanner?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
I feel safer already..now can someone direct me to a body scanner?

Right next to the gun drop boxes. with all the police and tsa agents around we dont need to defend our selves they can do it for us!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
The ignorance about Iran on this websites hilarious.... thats all I have to say to you people.

Its ALWAYYYYYYYYYYS the United States fault, isnt it? God forbid Iran take responsibility for its own actions.

Seriously, put the shoe on your other BigToe and consider the situation shown in the videos below.

First one considers how we might feel if we were invaded.
(video: 2m47s long)

And if that isn't enough for you to consider, this one details the US involvement in deposing democratically elected Iranian Presidents not too long ago.
(video: 9m48s long)

Because of intervention from other countries, the country turned to radicals who were against the US and UK.

MY 2 CENTS OPINION - The Secret of the Way the World Works
I think this was exactly what was/is planned by the Power Brokers. Keep the world in chaos and you can perpetually make money through selling arms, then give loans to rebuild what you blew up. Repeat this endlessly to keep profits flowing to the upper tier Power Brokers or until everyone becomes debt slaves to the same said brokers.

The Power Brokers will oppose Iran and any other country that doesn't embrace their money and oil/dollar system.
edit on 7-2-2012 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

I have a question (slightly) related to the thread.

1. This Executive Order, can the POTUS do this without any approval from congress/senate?

2. Are there limits to what he can put in an executive order?

3. Are there limits to how many EO's he can make on his own?

4. I suppose what I am really asking (and also with a possible President change coming soon) is can the POTUS act on his own to get his ideas through?

Example. Ron Paul wants to get rid of the Fed,
5. can he do this off his own bat?

TIA

Thank you for the questions, and I have no idea after 1800 exactly how
outrageously unconstitutional and anti- [rule of law] the American body
politic will allow the behavior of a Chief Executive to undermine it. It's
truly a sad testimonial: the near absolute ignorance to America's basic
founding instruments by the general population, and more so if not scarier
by the elected officials sworn to protect them-- while they're being used
as a standard for the present brand of nonconformance to the instruments
themselves. Dictatorship is an acquired, gradual taste. But what the H do I know..
I guess the phrase "Congress shall pass no law.." is a phrase that's
basically beyond the intellectual grasp of a lawyer. And Congress are
70% LAWYERS. It reminds me of Cicero's cautionary, about a republic
being able to withstand any attack except treason from within. Gotcha.

For that good veteran of the military, baby doctor, and stalwart pro-
constitutional voter, I pray for his good health and safety---
but alas, nobody can do it alone.

I for one will have another double flaming shot of mercury with that
six-by benzine on top. It makes such a cool color... singe*gulp*hic*.
(remaining body fluid escapes from the brain through the ears; as our
spec-tater shatters on the floor like a six foot tall rectal thermometer)
"God it's great being Kringe . . . twitch . . .Closeau"

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

It was not the oil that the Angelo-American-Euro super bankers wanted,
but control of the oil.
And as was said before -- this whole UN Sec Council flap about the
'rogue states' is about control as well. Think again about whatever few
nations remain that are called rogue states, that not too coincidentally
are the only ones left that have refused the IMF the luxury of manipulating
the 'rogue states' currency; and therefore the value of the 'rogue state' s
labor. So sickly transparent, but maybe true.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
How about? some other power freezes all of the US's out of country assets and bank accounts and puts trade sanctions in place ? It's long overdue, this hegimonie has to end more sooner than later. Just because a country has more nukes than anybody else does not give them the right to dictate world policy or give them the right to continue to invade and corrupt soveriegn nations world wide, hence the veto by china and russia on Syria. The united states own human rights is a travesty and when their own house is in order, then perhaps, but I digress.This is all about corporate greed and nothing else at the expense of human lives, women and children included. The USA is a nation for the most part a nation on drugs of one sort or another, the blue pill, the pink pill, or what ever big pharma is providing and my bet is the people in power must be on drug too. Remember, you don't get to the whitehouse without being a member of that club or towing the line. Obama is just a mouth piece for those that are running the agenda, always remember that. The whole agenda is sick, thought up by people who are very very sick and twisted and who should be removed permanently in the interest of humanities well being..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join