It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birmingham City Council could be set to introduce 'Black Sabbath day'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Birmingham City Council could be set to create 'Black Sabbath day', after a report from one of their councillors urged them to do more to celebrate the city's celebrities.

The metal legends, who announced late last year that they will be reuniting to record a new album and world tour, were formed in Birmingham suburb of Aston in 1969 and all of the band's members grew up in the surrounding area

www.nme.com...

Black Sabbath day..............how would that go down with religious fraternity, not good me thinks.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I AM IRON MAN!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Woot!

I will be traveling to Moscow to see the opening concert of this tour as it is my dream concert. All four original members!

Seeing Heaven and Hell with Dio a few years ago was amazing but this will be absolutely orgasmic for me. I only hope Iommis cancer is treatable and the tour goes on.

Here's wish Tony a speedy recovery!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Who cares what religious freaks have to say about this...I couldn't care less. I also couldnt careless about Black Sabbath having a day in Birmingham - like most of their population. Maybe 500 people will remember the day out of the whole population, so it seems pointless - its as if the mp for Birmingham has some kind of craze for black sabbath and knows he has the power to do what he likes

Im sure given the chance, the population of Birmingham could celebrate something which they all would be able to relate to

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i'd rather Duran Duran day.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm all for it...Nothing wrong with celebrating greatness spawned from the locality.
That being said if anyone proposes a Robbie Willams day around here anytime soon, Imma gonna go on a rampage of destruction.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Say what you want, Black Sabbath has been one of the most influential bands in history, and singlehandledly invented heavy metal.

Just because you like country-western doesnt mean metal fans cant have their day, too.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Woah, woah, hold on a minute.

When Ozzy was inducted on Birmingham's Walk of Stars (the first recipient no less after the entire city was polled in 2007), there were more than 500 people there and others who couldn't make it complained that it was held late afternoon on a work day and thus couldn't attend.

If Liverpool could base its tourism on a crappy and overrated band then I'm sure Birmingham should be allowed to celebrate music pioneers surely.

I bought my tickets to see them at the Download Festival in early June and I can't wait, especially since the last time I saw the band in its original lineup was at the NEC Arena in 1997 during their homecoming shows.

Just hope Tony gets better and Bill can agree to play after his outbursts last week about not doing it unless he has a signed contract.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I think that's pretty awesome. Black Sabbath did pretty much invent heavy metal, true pioneers. I hope Tony has a speedy recovery. I have to catch this show when it comes near NY, i feel obligated

new topics

top topics

join