It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euthanasia clinic opens its doors on the first of march

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The only thing that frightens me is that their always be clinics in the future who will take advantage and abuse these kind of privileges and innocent people can die. Who maybe landed by force or other means on the suicide list.. but thats just speculating... I hope this will be as humane as possible

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
why can't we be like the Dutch? Here in the states we have good guys like Kevorkian who try and help these people, and are locked up. I believe that it is a persons right to have this done to them. Nobody owns me, and if I have the choice, I will choose my time..

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I fully support this but I think there should be strict and stringent guidelines upon it. If given to the wrong people this has the capacity to get way out of hand very quickly. I also think that if the process takes a bit of time and a person decides they don't want to die afterall, they should be able to have an emergency "Stop, take me out!" option in place somehow. Before whatever they're using becomes too lethal to survive. I'm only saying this because it's such a permanent thing that there should be a chance to turn back and change your mind before it's too late.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Don't worry. You guys will have your chance when the Death Panels kick in.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

I do think there will be guidelines on how to apply this method otherwise it will never be accepted by the government, It will be controlled by six teams working independently...But you're right we have to stand guard at all times.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I would like this as an option should I ever find myself in a situation where I no longer wished to continue living.

What situation would that be? Incurable painful disease.

If you watch one of your loved ones go this this type of painful death, then you can understand my position.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I've already asked to be smothered with a pillow if I get Alzheimer's. I do not want to put my children or family through that.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm glad that they've done this. I always thought that the most ironic thing in the world was that we as a society give animals euthanasia when they're suffering, and think it is cruel not to give to them, but we make fellow human beings hold on til the bitter end.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I approve of it, but there are better ways to kill yourself. Be creative.
2nd

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
on second thought.. edited

edit on 2/6/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
On paper and in conversation this sounds humane.

sonnny1 was kind enough to present a tiny piece of the movie, Soylent Green.

Now, in the beginning the individual will be allowed to decide and must meet special criteria.

Will the decision for this "humane procedure" go onto eventually a board, or regulated by age outside of the individual's decision?

Read Minnesota Cold by Cynthia Kraack - Being a older American this story was unsettling.

In the beginning something can look good but science and corporations (which run solely now for $$$) have a way of turning everything into profit.

Myself, If I found out I had say dementia or was going to suffer a long painful death I would rather have someone that knew what they were doing assist and not be a burden on my family.

But, things have a way of starting out meaning well, falling into the wrong hands and twisted around to suit the agenda of greedy and power hungry individuals.

For everyone out there that haven't read the books, Soylent Green and Logan's Run - do so.

They are calling it Death With Dignity................but I can't help wonder if there isn't some hidden agenda by some of TPTB to cull the "useless eaters".

Logically I say this is good but deep in my gut, I suspect this new allowance will be abused in the future.
edit on 6-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

What a great idea for serial killers!

Plenty of work and the money's OK too!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonono
I approve of it, but there are better ways to kill yourself. Be creative.
2nd

You could try swallowing a few house-bricks, I think that might do it.

Or perhaps base jumping without a parachute, so as to land on a church steeple. That would get good press!

Yeah, a clinic is comparatively boring beside those.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I've always been a supporter of Euthanasia, even for 'healthy' individuals. The one rule I see as most important? The patient may NOT have any dependents.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Suggestion to anyone who thinks there's too much people on earth : GO THERE TO DIE FOR THE EARTH.

You won't be missed. Good luck to you.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
there's nothing dignified with killing yourself.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

A person should have the freedom to choose when they shuffle off the mortal coil.

What I'm afraid of, is a gvernment body (ANY government body) endorsing one option over another based on cost.

If a person is "on the fence" about the direction they want to continue, and they are influenced one way over another, then it stops being a voluntary act and becomes a state mandated act.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I am actually a bit surprised that there are not more people speaking out against such an idea.

Personally, I support voluntary assisted euthanasia, the right to die, etc...

Sometimes people get to a point where living is just to painful and after thinking long and hard, they may come to the decision that it is the best option.

I admit, I don't think I could have such a thing done to myself. But at the same time, who knows where I will stand should I ever be diagnosed with Alzheimer's or something.

At the end of the day, if you want to die and you are determined to "do the deed", I think voluntary assisted euthanasia is much more humane then leaving them to pop pills or put a gun in their mouth.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Right... the only difference is that the serial killer wants his victim to suffer and to be scared of dying to endorse power. these are gladly willing to die , I don't think the serial killer would get a kick out of that!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If a person is "on the fence" about the direction they want to continue, and they are influenced one way over another, then it stops being a voluntary act and becomes a state mandated act.

I think when that happens the governments will undergo thorough examination, and stopped if necessary, But I think this option can be monitored much better as the way they do euthanasia now , because here the regular doctor will do the euthanasia , the control on that is much more difficult as when this would be happening within such clinics.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join