It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Vostok reached. Scientists resume communication

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
rt.com...

It took researches 30 years of drilling through a four-kilometer-thick ice to reach the renowned subglacial lake. Most importantly, million years-old secrets will be unveiled without causing harm to the lake’s ecosystem.

Can't wait for the reports on their findings in the next few weeks. Will keep searching for more info.

Well, i guess this debunks the "giant monster at the bottom killed the scientists theory".

Here's another article claiming Fox News was misquoted regarding the scientists.

www.usnews.com...
www.nypost.com...

The team of Russian scientists trying to uncover the prehistoric Lake Vostok miles beneath a surface of Antarctic ice are not lost, according to American Antarctic explorer John Priscu."I can assure you that they are not lost or out of contact," he wrote in an email. "I never said the Russians were lost."

Fox News reported that the team hadn't been heard from for more than five days.

"What I can tell you is that they are doing something that has never been done before—think of it, sampling a lake under 2.5 miles of ice at a location that is the highest, driest and coldest desert on our planet," he adds.

What the Russian team is trying to do is unprecedented—the waters of Lake Vostok have been left untouched beneath more than two miles of ice for more than 15 million years. Lake Vostok has been called the "most alien lake on earth," and scientists believe microscopic "extremophiles" that can survive in very low temperature and light situations might live in the water.

The Russian team was expected to bring water up through the hole and let it freeze over the winter. The following year, the team will be able to start research on what they find, Dr. John Priscu, professor of ecology at Montana State University, told FOXNews.com

edit on 6-2-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Do you really think they will tak about the atenna found down there.

Come on.

If it was so important there would be news crews and the history channel would be there.

this is way above top secret and wioll never be made public to us sheeple.

Nothing to se here people move along.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Looking forward to seeing what they will find if anything. Thanks for the post, i am watching RT and nothing is mentioned on it yet?

What do you think they will find, i doubt anything major but who knows!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm glad they resumed contact, the thing must have been just in their imagination

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Shame you didnt search on ATS there are 2 decent threads here. Teaming with info

Lake Vostok: Antarctic breakthrough imminent
and
Vostok Resources and latest

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
something is eerily wrong here. whatever they find will not be exposed to the public.
is everyone familiar with the peri ries map that shows antarctica way more north than it is now,AND mapped correctly without the ice hundreds of years before us modern folk had radar imaging!
didnt they find dinosaur fossils there too? the nazis were there looking for 'something', perhaps a long lost link the the real history of our civilization.
may the gods help us if they do find 'something'

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I agree. I think there will be plenty of amazing new discoveries ect found down there but i doubt tthe public will be told for a while yet. Which is a real shame. I am sooo curious about that circular mass of metal at the end of the lake.

But on second thoughts, is it not Russia that is going down there? They seem to be quite easy going when it comes to sharing new discoveries with the people... i think

edit on 6-2-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I wonder if the article should be used as evidence of resumed communication. All it says is an unnamed scientist says they reached the lake. Russia Today, may have instructions to calm the public without having to really lie a whole lot.

Not much to go on.

I'll wait for more.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I'm sorry. I did search but the recent threads I found had scientists missing, which was incorrect according to my sources in the OP. I felt the fact they actually reached the lake and that the scientists are not missing deserved it's own thread. Mods, please remove if you wish.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It should be interesting to see what they find...but I agree with some of the posts here. If there is anything that is damaging to the world regime, or that has enormous implications, you can bet your bottom dime that we won't be the first to hear about it...unless some media circus that doesn't have political or corporate strings gets its hands on the news.

I still say this might be the beginning of the zombie apocalypse. You never know what dormant virus may be lurking in those mysterious waters...and even if it isn't dangerous...well, you know the military loves experimenting and tweaking those biological weapons...

edit on CMondayam363612f12America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Flash forward 4 months...

White House secretary: "Sir, New York has just went silent, the last communications we had from them consisted of a tentacle faced monster!"

President: *grabs the lead scientist by the shirt* "You said that all we found down there was bacteria and microbes!"

Lead scientist: "Not exactly... that's what we told the public...."

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I do not understand why they insist on looking for microbes. Why not chuck a camera down there ans take a look? I want to see if there are any fish or other creepy crawlers. I don't care about germs.

new topics

top topics

join