It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roll Call: "Records Show Ron Paul Trips Paid Twice"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Uh oh. More bad news for Ron Paul:

www.rollcall.com...

Rep. Ron Paul appears to have been paid twice for flights between Washington, D.C., and his Congressional district, receiving reimbursement from taxpayers and also from a network of political and nonprofit organizations he controlled, according to public records and documents obtained by Roll Call.

Wait what? St. Ron Paul couldn't be pocketing this money, could he?!?!

Roll Call identified eight flights for which the Texas Republican, a GOP presidential candidate and leading champion of smaller government, was reimbursed twice for the same trip. Roll Call also found dozens more instances of duplicate payments for travel from 1999 to 2009, totaling thousands of dollars' worth of excess payments, but the evidence in those cases is not as complete.

Paul's office vigorously denies that the Congressman ever intentionally received multiple reimbursements for the same trips.

Well, maybe Mr. Paul should return that money to the taxpayers?

For example, on March 24, 2003, Paul purchased a round-trip flight from Washington, D.C., to Houston for $651.50. Several weeks later, filings with the FEC show, the Committee to Re-Elect Ron Paul paid $651.50 for the Continental Airlines ticket. Congressional expenditure records show Paul also was reimbursed $651.50 by taxpayers for the same flight

Tisk tisk.... How much money has Ron Paul pocketed from We the Taxpayers?

I look forward to the mental gymnastics the Paul loyalists here on ATS will display in this thread to justify Mr. Paul's actions!
edit on 6-2-2012 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Here are some additional details from the article for those who will undoubtedly refuse to read it:

Among the findings:

• On May 11, 2004, Paul's credit card was used to purchase a $323.60 plane ticket for him from Houston to Reagan National Airport departing May 17. Ten days later, the House paid Paul $323.60 for a flight from Houston to Reagan National Airport departing May 17. On June 29, Paul's campaign paid for the same flight, FEC filings show, along with a dinner at El Toro Mexican Restaurant and gasoline from a Texaco station in Houston — expenses listed on the same credit card statement as the flight.

• On Sept. 23, 2003, Paul's card was used to buy a $646.50 round-trip plane ticket from D.C. to Houston, according to the credit card statements, which identify Paul as the passenger. About three weeks later, the House paid Paul $646.50 for the same flight. Ten days after that, his campaign paid for the ticket a second time, along with restaurant and gasoline purchases from the same credit card statement.

• In September 2000, Paul's credit card was used to purchase three plane tickets on separate dates that were also reimbursed by both his campaign and by the House. Handwritten notes on the credit card statements indicate Paul's campaign would pay for two of the tickets and Liberty PAC would pay for the other. FEC filings show Paul's campaign paid for the first two tickets Oct. 26, 2000, and Liberty PAC paid for the third ticket Oct. 30. The credit card statements indicate Paul was a passenger for one of those flights; no passenger name is available for the other flights. Taxpayers also reimbursed Paul for all of those flights.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
who cares at this point, he's no gonna win anyway. it's gonna be mitt romney, then obama gets re-elected. end of story

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
really? you wanna go there? romney makes more money in a day then some of us in a year and pays less tax then we do and you have beef with the doc? seriously let it go

Paul's office vigorously denies that the Congressman ever intentionally received multiple reimbursements for the same trips.

there you go, now go vote for your king romney
edit on 6-2-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ron Paul Fundamentalist: "Yes but...you don't...I mean....Ron....expenses....fairness....media bias....I mean...." *head explodes*
edit on 6-2-2012 by ComeFindMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
really? you wanna go there? romney makes more money in a day then some of us in a year and pays less tax then we do and you have beef with the doc? seriously let it go

What, so because Romney does it (oh, proof please) Paul can do?

Tsk tsk tsk...for shame!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

God forbid someone make a mistake in the billing department
. Often times i get accused of not paying my bills when i have paid them but someone on the other end screwed up and didn't keep records right. Then i end up having to pay twice and they have to credit me for the following month because someone had an act of human error.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

lol
sounds like paul has to clean house
as there are quislings in his camp, intent on setting him up

if this is the worst dirt they can find on him...

meanwhile the corruption and perversion in the rest of congress has long surpassed
rome and byzantium

btw, i'm an anarchist so don't waste your time calling me a paul-bot

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

really? you wanna go there?

I do! Ron Paul seems to have a bad habit of saying one thing and doing another (another great example are those "wonderful" newsletters from the 90s!)

romney makes more money in a day then some of us in a year and pays less tax then we do and you have beef with the doc? seriously let it go

Key difference here is Romney doesn't make a point to tell anyone who will listen how honest he is and how much of a straight shooter he's been, or how he's the last chance to save us all from impending imperialistic doom!

You've clearly got me confused with someone who votes Republican :lol"

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

lol
sounds like paul has to clean house

...or maybe it's time he hung up his Presidential ambitions. Seems like he's got some real nasty skeletons in his closet.

if this is the worst dirt they can find on him...

It's not. Let's not forget those "wonderful" newsletters he lent his name to in the 90s!

btw, i'm an anarchist so don't waste your time calling me a paul-bot

You're no Paul-bot... you're just planning on voting for him, amirite?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

so blindly deny every rational piece of thought that might go against Saint Paul? Aren't you just as likely to be enjoying illusions?

You do realise that you make an argument by referencing facts of contestable material, as opposed to generic mush that gets spouted by brainwashed doufers?

Followed by the classic

now go have a mod delete my post so you can continue unhindered

If it is blocked, its not so he can continue unhindered. It's because you are making random, unsupported statements as a defence mechanism.

Why the presumption that he must be pro-Obama (i'm guessing thats what you meant by the borderline racist comment) if he in anti-Paul? The ignorance and presumption you display is staggering.
edit on 6-2-2012 by ComeFindMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

what evidence? capitol hills news rag
like all the criminals/traitors/perverts/pedoes in congress wouldn't want him out of the way
and this is the best they could do? no sex scandal or arrests in public bathrooms? lol

couldn't care less if paul or###SNIPPED### making a comeback, or whichever candidate has the bluest blood gets elected.

so who's being ignorant here?

certainly not i

Why the presumption that he must be pro-Obama (i'm guessing thats what you meant by the borderline racist comment) if he in anti-Paul?

actually it was the OP that brought it up please read carefully in future

It's not. Let's not forget those "wonderful" newsletters he lent his name to in the 90s!

edit on 6-2-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

edit on Mon Feb 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Well given you have just spouted yet more unsupported drivel, I suspect the title of 'most ignorant' is in the post as we speak!

Please indicate where the OP stated he was pro Obama. Otherwise, you have just made yet another unsupported claim.

Getting a little tedious, my friend. Life isnt always one or the other, black or white - there are always shades of grey.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ComeFindMe

why would a romny supporter bring up race?, not his style
it's called thinking by the way

tedious indeed, there are more important
and interesting things to read and post about
than your tedious rantings
and bumping this thread any further

continue to rattle your chains

i've got some flying to do

toodles

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Wun Wabbit Wun!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

edit on 6-2-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

So what you are saying is that you excuse Ron Paul from stealing money because Romney is rich???

The hypocrisy is too much.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Maybe Ron Paul has the same attitude on corruption as he does with earmarks and spending.

He is so totally against government spending, but if they are going to do it...he makes sure to fill bills with earmarks to direct the money to his district and causes.

So maybe he figures that he is totally against corruption, but if it is going to happen anyway...he's going to get in on the action too.

And watch...all of his supporters will defend him doing it too.

new topics

top topics

join