It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to stop living in fear and start living in peace and joy - whats your formula?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I rather not tell my formula right now because i don't want to start a "beat on the OP thread", i will share my formula too but quietly in the middle of the posts, so if you care to share your way...

Thanks

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Understand that you're already dead. Everyone is. We're born terminal.

To worry about trivial nonsense when you're days are numbered is foolish.

Save your worries for the big things like care of loved ones or having precious years eaten up by pointless taxation, regulations and legislation.

Idiocy like fear of public speaking, rejection, the opinions of others, revenge, politics, all the crap that so many people obsess over, it's all pointless.

Liberty for all is the most important thing. It's the only way to know your one short life will be lived the way you want to live it.

Anything less is being cheated out of life.

You're dead. I'm dead. We're all dead. We may as well make the most of it without having to sharecrop for oligarchs or look over our shoulders for having a little fun every now and then.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

This is proberly not what your after, but my rules to life have always been very simple. There are three of them.

1. Treat others as you want to be treated.
2. Don't take yourself too seriously.
3. Never be afraid of failure.

That's it really. I suppose there is another one to add to the list now, don't believe anything you read on an internet forum ;-)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What can help is sports and activity. fresh air, healthy food, gymnastics, etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Save your worries for the big things like care of loved ones or having precious years eaten up by pointless taxation, regulations and legislation.

Idiocy like fear of public speaking, rejection, the opinions of others, revenge, politics, all the crap that so many people obsess over, it's all pointless.

Liberty for all is the most important thing. It's the only way to know your one short life will be lived the way you want to live it.

You're dead. I'm dead. We're all dead. We may as well make the most of it without having to sharecrop for oligarchs or look over our shoulders for having a little fun every now and then.

like the way you put that.

for me i work on consistently adding up what worrying gives me and i have yet to find a positive. i just relax every now and then and clear my mind of everything and it seems to help a lot.
nothing you and i can do about whats outside of us really, but we are the only ones who can do anything about whats inside of us.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

After living in fear and shame with an addiction to drugs and alcohol , I try and practice the 12 steps of AA . I don't believe in Organised religion or god as most people believe him to be but I am spiritual . My close friends and family are my higher power for now till I define my own idea of a higher power which is something greater than myself . Im not preaching but I think even people who do not have an addiction can benefit from looking at the 12 steps to live a happy and peaceful life !

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
this saved my life... the song starts at around 2:45 in...

edit on 6-2-2012 by flipflops because: no video

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Understand that ultimately one a highter level everything is ok. This game we have chosen to play is hard at times, but easier if you follow your feeling within.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

After living in fear and shame with an addiction to drugs and alcohol , I try and practice the 12 steps of AA

You sir have my respect. For doing it and being open about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Have fun and enjoy live. Don't think to much about 'living healthy' and therefore abandon the things that make life good. We have to die anyway and i rather die with 60 after a fun life, then as an alzheimer patient, aged 95, who lives in a retirement home and needs nurses, despite constantly worrying about living 'healthy'.
Don't worry about the world or what will happen to it (earth will continue to spin, no matter what) and just don't let bad news get near you. Everytime i see here people who write that they'll cry about bad news, dead animals and whatnot i think "why?". You can't change the world and dead people/animals stay dead, no matter how much you cry about it.

I follow the motto "Worryin's a waste of my #ing time" and live good with it. I'm happy, the people around me are happy, we have lots of fun, enjoy life.

Of course it sucks that there are wars, it's bad to see people suffer, i can't understand why there are homeless people in rich countries but that's the way it is. Why should those things, take away the fun and excitement i have in my life?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
In a general sense much like the person above has stated with one difference ...Dead man walking with hope =faith,hope,love= love joy peace

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
1. Live in the present. Stop worrying about what tomorrow might bring and stop soaking in sorrow and regret over what might have been.

2. Greet each day as if it is your last. Because it might be.

3. Focus on the wonderful things in life.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here's my formula...and I know some people are going to flame me saying, "That's unrealistic" or "The world is going to hell, so why bother trying?" My response is this: even if the world is going to hell, you don't have to act like you're going down with it.

So here's my formula for peace and happiness...something I came up with a while ago, and am convinced will work.

Life, Love, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Enjoy Life

Love Everyone

Pursue what makes you Happy

As long as you enjoy your life and don't focus on the negative aspects all the time, love everyone despite their flaws, and chase that which brings joy to you, you should be happy and peaceful. Of course, this is theory, because not everyone will really follow it. But if you do, you may be surprised at the results.

Namaste

edit on CMondayam434340f40America/Chicago06 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Here is my formula:

I had to cope with negativity almost all my life, so here is what i learned:

I want good emotions. I got attached to things such as sports, health, fitness, sex, whatever... each person has its own.
Studying budhism i realized that i was doing it all wrong. What i wanted was positive emotions like pleasure, sense of freedom, joy, peace, security, and i was getting these in things that i cant control, my sources of good emotions were outside myself, in the outside world where everything is temporary, so it was a lesson of detachment, what i learned was that i should control my emotions and stop being dependent on the outside, of things i cant control, i leaned about emotional control, emotional freedom, emotional responsibility, it can have many names.

So now i enjoy what i have in the now, i know i can be happy no matter what happens, so the fear is gone, i am not afraid to loose anything anymore because i know i can feel good with what the moment presents me, i now love life unconditionally.

Also, because i believe in the evolution of the soul and reincarnation, what matters in evolution is what you do, not what others do, not what life gives you, what matters is what you give (what you do, what you put in this world) what matters is the quality of our actions and words, so i focus on my actions, i focus on what i can control, i try to to be good, be conscious, i try to be conscious of the impact of my actions and i try to benefit everyone involved in any situation, me and others.

Also i believe in having fun, do what i want as long as i help people around me, i can have fun, nothing wrong with that.

To sum it all up, i follow this Golden Rules:
- Control my emotions, don't let them be controlled by things i cant control (i cant do it all the time, but i am getting better and better);
- Dont get attached to things i cant control, enjoy what life is giving me in the now, let things come and go, accept it with love and gratitude, find joy in what life is now;
- Love existence no matter what happens, i never let this feeling go, i just love life, this feeling supports me, the up and downs still exist but i never go deep down in negativity anymore because i wont stop loving life, no matter what happens, this is similar to trust in god no matter what;
- Focus on bettering what i can control: my actions, my words, do the best, better myself through better actions and better words;
- Try to understand others, put myself in their shoes, practice compassion;
- Share the wisdom i get from my experience;
- Have fun;

So many things, i am sorry i didn't make it more simple.

Take care

edit on 6-2-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
fear nothing but fear itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

That is beautiful, fear nothing but fear itself, what does it mean to you?

For me it means that what matters is not what happens but our reaction to it, fear is an emotion created by us in response to something, the real source of fear is us, our reaction, and we can control our reactions, so in truth, to be afraid is our responsibility, we do it to us, not the world outside, its our emotion, we can control it and stop being controlled by the outside uncontrollable forces of the temporary world.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Manula

it means, find for niche in life and get on with it. with it will come peace and jpy.
go against this, and fear from your mind will enter....
all resistance is fear based.
and fear is a product of an unharminous mind.
that doesn't mean you do not know your limits. in fact this is an important part of finding your niche.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My signature pretty much sums up my current formula:

Eyes Open.
- All three eyes, open and aware. Try to see every aspect and see through all aspects, instead of being limited by the physical, emotional, political, intellectual, or prejudicial aspect.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.
Today may be the last day of the rest of my life.
I must live accordingly.

- Be free. Do not live in fear. Love with abandon. Live in joy.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

And that's how i've left my fears in the past. I started to think that i was already dead, so why worry about anything, aside of having a fun life?
I've done things that nobody would just because of that thinking. star for you!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Freedom is indeed very important, evolution and learning comes from using free-will, free to make bad choices and learn with them, free to travel my own path which is different from everyone else s path, yes freedom is essential, freedom and responsibility, to be free is a great responsibility, also tolerance, there is no freedom without tolerance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join