It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the weather?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by innercry666

Yeah, its off here in the north of Canada. But you'll be hard pressed to tell anyone that and have them believe you.

When I look out my office window, I'm facing South. I could easily watch the sun rise and set in the same place in the winter (we get about 15 hours of darkness during the solstice), but ever since the Japan quake it has slowly been drifting to the left. Now its about 5 degree's off where it usually is.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Now im not saying it is...

im not want do be a doom-er or anything but...

Remeber how everyone went mad about the position of the sun...

like loads of threads about it,

what if slowly the earths tilt has changed a little.. like a few degrees would give new york slightly closer to florida tempetrues florida slight higher caribean tempeture but also europe slightly coldre tempetures and australia the same?

it would also mean longer (or shorter days) of sunlight depenign on georgraphical location...

or it could just be some freaky weather... like some kinda possitive-negative effect... if we get extreme cold the states get extreme warmth, seen it before, you giuys get a hurricaine or somthing and im out in shorts in Scotland....

only time will tell
(and science)

Just a side note (i just read the post above) there are ALOT of old stone sun calanders and time pieces about... are they showing any difference in the sun.,.. like stone henge or the numerous Sun calader structures in india... just a thought.
edit on 6-2-2012 by GonzoSinister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This exact thing happened in 1993! I remember because our first son was born in January of 1993. On March 12th 1993 it was 73 degrees in Birmingham, Alabama. On March 14th the low was 1 degree. This was known as the Winter Storm of the century. Here are the links of the historical data. Winter isn't over by a long shot!

March 11 1993

BIRMINGHAM MUNICIPAL
Minimum Temperature Maximum Temperature
39.9 °F 74.8 °F

March 14 1993

BIRMINGHAM MUNICIPAL
Minimum Temperature Maximum Temperature
1.9 °F 35.1 °F

That is a difference of 39 degrees in 3 days! It dropped over 11 inches of snow and ice on north Alabama. That hasn't happened since then! My point is, this is not a Mayan "2012" thing or a HAARP thing. It has happened before. It will be interesting to see if this Arctic Blast happens again.

edit on 2/6/2012 by NoSoup4U because: edited dates

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
saudi arabians singing frosty the snowman this winter

edit on 6-2-2012 by cuchullainuk777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Im over on the westcoast - vancouver and its exactly like this here. I was outside today in a tshirt, the clearest blue skies and sunset is happening after 5pm when usually its setting close to the 4pm mark in the past years! I see gardens blooming too! So bizarre...oh and hey, I'm 44 too!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by twistedroots

ist the end of the world as we knw it,and i feel fine! --- r.e.m.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

it could be possible, i have read some prediction and prophecies regarding that matter. That when the axis start to flip(meaning north pole and south pole) NJ US can end up where the Caribbeans are at or it can end up in the artic. Time will tell

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
just an update, flower are dead once again, since the temp is now back in upper 50s. This is just amazing. I am seeing this happen in front of my eyes, its just a rare event happening right now. With the weather going wild, War on the rise ( Iran? possibly) is this what the ancient prophecy talk about, beg of the fifth sun, fifth dimension? not sure, but surely feels like it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The East and Southeast usually have milder weather during a La Nina, which is what we're in now. The jet stream has stayed over Alaska for the most part so we're not getting those blasts of Arctic air. Thank goodness. We haven't broken any records but it could be like this every winter and nobody would complain.

We had this weather about 10 years ago--my crocuses came up in January, it was so warm. And then we had a cold, wet summer.

It's weather, folks. It's not the end of the world.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The weather here, Western part of NY State, has been very odd as well. I haven't shoveled once and we've only had two snowfalls that didn't melt when it hit the ground. My lilacs had spring buds by mid Decemeber and I had some field flowers blooming about 2 weeks ago. We have also noticed that many birds did not migrate south this year, but the oddest of all is the lack of wind chill. This time of year, even when there is no snow flying, the wind itself carries biter artic air that feels horrid. This year however, the windchill seems MIA. I've been wearing a thick hoodie with no gloves,hat, etc. and that is more than enough to stay warm.

My husband had a thought along this lines: the earthquake in Japan shifted the plates enough to alter the ocean currents slightly. That in turn altered the jet stream and kept the artic air further north this year. No clue if he is acurate, no clue if it will be back to business as usual next year, but I can say that I am slightly concerned that this might not just be a fluke.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

no one is talking about the end of the world here. Its amazing how the cycle changes, maybe we humans haven't experienced in our life time yet.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

no one is talking about the end of the world here. Its amazing how the cycle changes, maybe we humans haven't experienced in our life time yet.

Er, which cycle? If it's the 30 year one, I'm sure there are plenty of people here who are old enough to remember it...it was only the 1970's. The last 3 winters have been on a par with how cold and snowy it was then. This feels positively balmy, if you can call 40 "balmy".

My mother still tells a story about going to church on Christmas Eve in just a sweater. That was the 1940's/50's.

Somebody mentioned REM's It's the End of the World, so that's why I brought it up.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

yeah but have you seen grass growing in winter, and flowers blooming? Your mom wore a sweater in Christmas in the 1950's but 2 days ago in 2012 i wore shorts and a t-shirt and had ice cream cuz it was 70 deg. I am saying about a cycle that happens every few hundred years or so, just like how seasons change, there is a time were the season of space changes. god knows

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

yeah but have you seen grass growing in winter, and flowers blooming? Your mom wore a sweater in Christmas in the 1950's but 2 days ago in 2012 i wore shorts and a t-shirt and had ice cream cuz it was 70 deg. I am saying about a cycle that happens every few hundred years or so, just like how seasons change, there is a time were the season of space changes. god knows

Yes, flowers have bloomed in the winter and grass can grow if it's warm enough. About 10 years or so ago my crocuses came up in January. So what? It was 60 here one day last week and people had shorts and T shirts on. Right now it's about 40...and by the weekend we'll be back in the 20's. One year back in the '90's we had a mild one and got 28 inches of snow on St. Patrick's Day.

One mild year doesn't make a trend. The last 4 or so winters have been horrendous. Enjoy it while it lasts.
edit on 2/7/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
hey storm 2012 im new here first time replying not really sure how too post links yet but i seen some other footage and stuff on this website referring to a solid idea about the crazy weather. I also live in the northeast usa and i saw this link that usda says new warm lattitudes are going northwest with the northpole.if you go on youtube and type in usda say new warm latitudes you will get the vid im talking about very intresting stuff.again sorry i couldnt just post vid im trying to figure that out well hope this helps or gives ya a new idea

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
well hope it works here is a link to what i just mentioned

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

well i put this link on last page but thought it would be easier to see from this front page.hope it sheds a little light
on the matter for you.sorry if im messing stuff up my first reply just signed up today althoughive been coming on this site for awhile now.but anyways....

youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join