It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the weather?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I pay a lot of attention to the weather because I'm a sportsman and like fishing. I live in Michigan and gauge the winters we have by how long ice fishing lasts. We had a winter just like this in 1997. We got no ice at all that year on the lakes. We've had average winters all threw the 2000's. This is just an oddball year we're having for winter weather.

From what I've heard here in the US the jetstream has been stuck further north in Canada. Don't fret I'm sure winter will be back next year. We'll pay for this nice weather one way or another. It will probobly snow in July.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I did not say anything about 2012, Its just a fact that is going on now. I walked around my house and saw grass and flowers growing. Is that normal in winter? I dont think so. I am not telling you to believe me, but we humans need to understand one thing, that Earth will change and that does not mean disaster all the time, it could be for a good reason. we will have to wait and see thats all, but to me this weather patters and the owl migration from Artic to US is just weird.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I think its the conveyor belt changing. I am into hurricanes a lot. This last summer if you noticed , all the storms or hurricanes that formed , came by east coast but turned right back into the ocean, only one made landfall Irene, but what about this summer, what if they come more closer to land ???

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Don't buy into anything... that being said...

I've talked to a bunch of Inuit & Native elders, all of them are very concerned. Yes, the weather changes from year to year, but this isn't just a small change. I live in a place that averages -30c for 6 months of the year. This is not just some slight change in weather, this is massive.

People can brush this off as just some weird weather, but its not. In recorded history, we have never had a winter like this before. And thats what we said last winter, and the winter before that. This is a trend that is getting worse each year.

I have been talking about it since 2004, when we started seeing new animals moving north of 60.
www.jungleapocalypse.com...

Something serious is happening, and we need to be preparing, not arguing over whether it is "real" or not.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i have a good theory as to the cause of all this i will get a thred up a.s.a.p. i think you will find it links quite a few things up really nice.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
To the people making comments regarding sunsets and physical pole shifts:

Wouldn't this be very easy to prove/disprove by following the sunset/star charts to see if they line up?

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

cool put the link up on this thread, when you get it done.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
just read somewhere, this changes are occurring due the Oort cloud, that's why we are also seeing a lot of fireballs in the sky. Read up on it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by robdaven

agreeee

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Im in Florida and it's beach weather here!

I was at the beach last week even.

Last year this time it was cold! I wore sweaters, now I wear shorts and bathing suit attire! The weather is not normal in Florida. This is the time of year we usually have cold weather. It's in the 50s or 60s at night and the 70s in the day sometimes 80s!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

Also I read a lot of post, that Europe is having a ice age type scenario. 300 ppl dead? -40 deg F. Is anyone concerned about this. Do you guys think the conveyor belt is changing? Or the Earth's axis changing by few deg? let me know your guys opinion.

Thank You.

I believe the extreme cold has been in E Europe. Not sure if it went down to - 40? As for UK, till just recently most areas had an unusually mild winter. It confused some flowers which thought it was spring. And now that winter has finally appeared, it has yet to get as bad as the previous two.
As for the colder parts of Europe, it's silly to use the term ice age. When the cold goes on and on into 'summer' that's when we can talk about an ice age.
It does worry me though. I'm 61 and have never experienced such a long period of sustained high winds as we got in place of our winter. I have never heard the wind howl through the house like that. I have never had to move my potted shrubs from the higher part of the garden and not been able to move them back after a day or so.
Something is up. Of course someone is bound to post and say 'it's just weather, it fluctuates'. Sorry but this is not the same. For the past 12 months records have been broken left right and centre. Longer term, the seasons have been changing. Even our local farmers agree.
An interesting weather site here.
weatheraction.com...

edit on 6-2-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Could be from the solar storms, I don't know.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Could be from the solar storms, I don't know.

Piers Corbyn thinks it is solar related.
weatheraction.com...
edit on 6-2-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It's actually freezing here.
Thanks for the link. I'll look at another time.
I'm going to go lay down for a bit, then I have a lot of studying to do. ugh.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
i live in Florida, there has been only 2 cold days here , i counted.. definitely 'unusual'

if you ask me, (being an edgar cayce worshiper) then this all has to do with the rapid pole shift that's going on, especially the north one

modernsurvivalblog.com...

That's also responsible for the the sea level rise and is "expected to keep rising for centuries"
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I live in New Zealand and the weather is also extremely strange. Its allegedly summer... Our country has the whole "Christmas in the sun at the beach" kinda mentality. But this year its just been wet grey and medium to cold which is a major change for here.

Weather world wide seems broken :/

Im usually one to blame the Geo Engineering platform HAARP however I feel this time its more than that.

Probably related to the alleged 2012 Vibration upgrade to the 4th Dimension or something.

Honestly im ready for anything these days lol come @ me bro

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I live in Ireland and think we are not part of Europe anymore! Today my car temp read 13c and it felt much Warmer than that!

I'm seriously thinking of cutting the lawn soon!

Warmest winter in years.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

Its probably just nature taking its cycles, but here in Australia I too admit, has been an awefully "cold" summer. In fact, I would say it felt more like winter.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's all just far too strange for me to be comfortable with standard meterologist, media, "scientist" explainations! I'll admit that I love a good conspiracy theory and have been an avid researcher of all the 2012 hype for quite a few years! Now that it is officialy here, well honestly I've seen a lot of strange things (as well as the months leading up to it)!

This odd weather is really only the tip of the iceberg if you ask me! I don't think 12/21/2012 is going to be the end of the world or the appocolypse, I just think something fundamentally HUGE is on the horizon! The weather patterns are just the wake up call, imho!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I live in the UK and for the first few weeks of the year it was still very dark in the morning when it would normally be much lighter. It felt very wierd that it was so dark in the morning and that the sun was taking it's time in rising. Last year during the summer, the sky was unusually light until gone 11pm when normally it would have set much sooner and the light from the sun appeared to be much farther north than has ever been seen before by me.

It's interesting that North America is experiencing warmer temperatures and that the sun is setting much later than it should for this time of year.

Considering that there have been a considerable number of large earthquakes over the last couple of years it feels like the Earth is very unsettled and under going some kind of change or movement. Having seen a program this evening on stone circles like Stone Henge etc , it makes me wonder if they were designed to monitor the position of those particular spots on the earth relative to the position of the stars and sun, so that it could be seen that the earth was under going some kind of 'crustal shift displacement'.

Perhaps this has all happened before and that there are tell tale signs that something will happen again as part of a cycle that affects the earth?

Has anybody else experienced the sun setting or rising at what feels like unusual times of the day for this part of the year?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join