It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with the weather?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by storm2012

here in toronto its the same story. today will be around 10 degrees and sunny! that is crazy weather for feb 6!!!
people have been walking around in shorts! we should have 3 feet of snow and - 10 degrees.
we have NO snow! i'm 44 years old and i've never seen this before.
without any snow, its gonna be a hard growing season,and i suspect the price of food will go up.
i am very concerned about this,but like the old saying goes - everyone talks about the weather,but no one does anything about it!
or do they!!!?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well here in northwestern Ontario we should be getting -20 to -40C temperature.
For the last few week day time temp been around 0 to -15C live here all my life never seen that.

Something is coming don't know what it is, just hope i can duct in time.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by oggleboggle47

You might be right about the affect of La Nina, but I have lived in the year 2000, 2009, and what I am seeing now is totally weird, have you heard of Snow Owls coming from the Artic to US? Did that ever happen before?

A repeat of La Niña ocean conditions from one year to the next is not uncommon: repeating La Niñas occurred most recently in 1973-74-75, 1998-99-2000 and in 2007-08-09. Repeating La Niñas most often follow an El Niño episode and are essentially the opposite of El Niño conditions. During a La Niña episode, trade winds are stronger than normal, and the cold water that normally exists along the coast of South America extends to the central equatorial Pacific.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Op yes it's an unusually warm winter here in New York as well as many other parts. But on the sunset thing all is normal there. Yes in December you really start to notice the days getting shorter and darkness sets in around 4:15 or so but in February we are right on schedule for the daylight thing. We are advancing everyday to spring and it's not to far away so everyday it's getting lighter earlier and staying longer. I have unfortunately lived here longer than your 18yrs and rest assured just a few years back we had a really mild winter here as well, albeit this one has taken the cake. And I do agree with some of the other posters I think with all the recent earthquakes that our planet has shifted somehow in orbit and may be contributing to the changes we see around us, but as of yet I am not fully sure if it's a dramatic one or if like I said earlier just unseasonably warm this year. Will have to keep an eye out for further changes.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Some people say that due to the fall in sun spot activity that
it will trigger a mini ice age. This in conjunction with the gulf stream weakening.
Personaly I think we're all buggered and they know it, as the worlds governments are doing nothing.

When I read other stories about the 100 year starship project, the finding of terran planets,
the ELI project that is to tear space/time and maybe produce a wormhole. I cant help but
think to myself that the plan is to leave Earth. It wont happen overnight, but it will happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

In fact you are right about the sun set timing, but i felt a difference dont know why. Even my sister was like do you guys think the sun sets late instead of early, and i was like i feel the same way. Maybe bec of the temperature we are feeling a lil difference there and here. What I am worried about this hurricane season coming up.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
the inuit of northern canada are saying the stars aren't 'right'. i've noticed the sun isn't rising or setting at the 'correct' time,should be dark around 5 pm,but it stays light until 5:30,almost 6 pm.
plus the coyotes are hunting in the daytime. the squirrels are digging up my garden(not supposed to do that until april) rabbits are everywhere.
animals don't lie. the snow owl thing is nutty too!
something is going on!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There is a thread here on ATS (see link below) were a member predicted early in Jan when Europe & US were both very mild that a major cold snap was coming for Europe & US. I know the US has not yet had their cold snap but Europe is experiencing it right now in a big way. If you look at how the world looks from the perspective of above the north pole like in the thread below it makes perfect sense to me how one side of the northern hemisphere like Europe can have unseasonably cold weather whilst the other side like north America is unseasonably warm in my opinion.

I also think it would be no surprise (with limited knowledge I confess) that in the next few weeks we may see this cold snap hit America as Europe recovers because even without having the knowledge to scrutinise the scientific data it seems plausible that when one part of the northern hemisphere is suffering extreme cold that elsewhere in the north is warmer than normal.

ANYONE interested in weather patterns and recent weather conditions should read this thread.

Europe & US beware, winter is returning

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

currently the weird thing is that, we are actually getting closer to solar max, and its not that we haven't experienced sunspots, we did get x flares and M flares thrown at us, but just now, the sun has no sunspots at all, its clearing up.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by welshreduk

yes i read on that few days back , but i dont know think winter will return now, its almost spring time here. Lets see

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yes the hurricane thing I also feel is going to be bad this years as well. Long over due I suppose but considering what is developing in the gulf right now I am going to lean towards yeah a start to an active year.

Believe it or not, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) has been monitoring this area of disturbed weather for possible development into a subtropical depression or storm since Sunday. As of Monday morning, the NHC indicates there is no sign of a circulation center and upper-level winds are becoming even more unfavorable. Therefore, the chances of development have been reduced to near zero percent. Just the fact that we were even looking for a slight chance of development in the tropics over the last 24 hours is another component to the strange winter it has been across the lower 48 states.

www.weather.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Actually, I have heard of snow owls migrating south. It happens when they have a lack of resources in the arctic. I don't have a source for it, but in one of my classes last quarter an owl expert talked about it. I guess every once in a while you can see one in northern Ohio.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Oh wow, I guess this year the migration is huge! That does seem pretty unusual. It might be due to the Arctic Oscillation that was mentioned in the website I posted in my first post.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Blame whatever you want, IMHO Haarp doesn't have the wattage to do all this. Haarp is actually part of the DEW system; a tool to find stealth aircraft by shadow displacement using those so called "cell phone" towers. I think the severe weather in europe is caused by the deep horizon oil spill killing the gulf stream current. The weather has been whack here in WI, US. Only two days of really cold weather, and the rest Up and Down. It's making everyone sick.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

agreeee a lot of ppl sick here too

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Snow has been missing in action for much of the U.S. the last couple months. But it's not just snow. It's practically the season that's gone AWOL.

news.yahoo.com...

edit on 6-2-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
the inuit of northern canada are saying the stars aren't 'right'. i've noticed the sun isn't rising or setting at the 'correct' time,should be dark around 5 pm,but it stays light until 5:30,almost 6 pm.
plus the coyotes are hunting in the daytime. the squirrels are digging up my garden(not supposed to do that until april) rabbits are everywhere.
animals don't lie. the snow owl thing is nutty too!
something is going on!

I live in the Canadian Arctic (around 63 parallel) and not only are the stars not "right", the weather is WAY off.

In fact, if there wasn't a more troubling sign of a pole shift, this weekend proved something is very very wrong.

I got off work at 3pm on Friday. It was -7c, which is way above normal for this time of the year. Friday night at Midnight, it was +3c.... In my 20 years north of 60, I've never seen temp's like that.

Saturday, it was -1c for most of the day, though it felt warmer. This continued on through Saturday night. When I went to bed (around 1am) it was still -1c.

When I got up Sunday morning (around 10am) the temp had dropped to -22 with a windchill of -35.

I have NEVER seen anything like this. In fact, I'm quite worried of what implications this will have for the natural environment of the North.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by robdaven

I mean i dont mind the nice temperature, but when summer rolls around, i am expecting a really bad hurricane season, and storms that will arrive.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by robdaven

everytime i read a post on this,i literally get shivers! its like the sound alot of people are hearing(or feeling)around the world. god,i just took my dog out for a walk,and we have a wind chill of +5!!! i was in mt t-shirt in feb!!!
you guys up north may have a flooding problem this spring. us down here below the 60th will have a drought .
hang on tight lad,its gonna get rocky!
by the way, my premanition skills are pretty damn good!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am not buying into all that.

While unusual warmth in America and extreme cold in Europe might be "unusual", the problem is that people ALWAYS make an assumption of what is supposed to be "normal"...and when something "not normal" happens they think the end of the world is near.

Yes, SOMETIMES in Winter it can be "unnormal" warm, SOMETIMES extremely cold.

What has this to do with 2012 etc.?

I mean there were extremely cold winters in the past in history also...as well as unreasonable warm winters, or cold summers etc...that's just how it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join