It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abject Lunacy of the Ron Paul “Loverution”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by andreoutlaw

Agreed. If people will just VOTE for him...let us SEE those VOTES...and put him IN the PRIMARY...it would be fine. But thats not gonna happen.

If everyone (not true) wants him in? VOTE him into the PRIMARIES!!! (Not gonna happen though.)

If wish they'd see whats happening right now with him not placing high enough. Because no one is VOTING. Vote him IN...and I'd be fine with it...but its not happening. DEAL.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

That's just a crazy opinion. There's NO way a planet with billions of people can exist peacefully without some sort of top-down organization. That's a bigger delusion than American Democracy. A much bigger delusion.

There's NO way a planet with billions of people can exist peacefully with some sort of top-down organization. That's a bigger delusion than American Democracy. A much bigger delusion.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by andreoutlaw

When all input is regulated, all output fits the desired format, and people are left actually believing that the media is involved in a conspiracy to “hide Ron Paul”, when in fact they are engaged in a conspiracy to make it look like they are doing that, as a way to trick people incapable of thinking two step ahead...

Wait a minute. Really? The corporate press is engaged in a conspiracy to simply make it *look* like they are ignoring Dr. Paul??? Hmmmm..... could be I guess,lol, but then why don't they just let him win if it doesn't really matter who wins and give the people the ultimate illusion they still have some power. I'm not certain I follow the logic.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RigZoomAlaska

I wouldn't support anyone. I have never voted and never will.

Then, as a non-participant in the process, you have no right to complain, and your opinion on the matter is a moot point.

You misunderstand me. I do not "participate in the process" because I am not a willing sucker, who is so emotionally weak that they need to believe in fantasy in order to justify their own pathetic psychological situations.

However, I was born in the United States, and subjected to the whim of the state on innumerable occasions, so I would argue that I most certainly have a "right to complain" about the way this system functions.

Not that it really matters, as Romney will get the nomination, lose against Obama, and we'll have four more years of a do-nothing Presidency, while big business continues to take advantage of the high unemployment rate to demand more and more from their workers for less compensation, reaping higher profits along the way.

Not that any of this would change if Romney actually won (but he won't).

Of course, even if by some miracle, Paul got the nomination, he too would lose against Obama.

Either way we're screwed for the next four years....so stick it out until 2016, is all you can really do.

Is that really your plan? Just keep sticking it out, just keep pretending maybe next time it will work differently than every other time in history, while everything about your humanity is stripped from you by this system? It is certainly nothing against you personally, but I feel that this is not a valid position for grown adults to take. Believing that the entire nature of the political system will simply change spontaneously, for no reason, seems a bit like a child hoping for his toys to come to life and start talking.

The good news, is that the economy will start to get a little better and better. It has to, as without it, businesses don't have customers, so they will eventually do what is needed to drive commerce and make sure people will have resources to spend. This has NOTHING to do with who is in the White House, other than 4 more years of irresponsible spending and stifling growth affecting the economy.

But you know that isn't true. So why would you say it? It has nothing to do with "people having money to spend" when those people don't even have productive work of any kind in the first place. And there isn't any more productive work to be done, outside of a few closed sectors, all of the rest of it is done by Chinese slaves. You know this. So why pretend that something different than that is true, if you actually do care?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakeLeMaster

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

That's just a crazy opinion. There's NO way a planet with billions of people can exist peacefully without some sort of top-down organization. That's a bigger delusion than American Democracy. A much bigger delusion.

There's NO way a planet with billions of people can exist peacefully with some sort of top-down organization. That's a bigger delusion than American Democracy. A much bigger delusion.

Well, people existed for however long they existed before the state was invented 6,000 years ago. That is not an opinion, it is a fact.

This "necessary evil" delusion is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

When all input is regulated, all output fits the desired format, and people are left actually believing that the media is involved in a conspiracy to “hide Ron Paul”, when in fact they are engaged in a conspiracy to make it look like they are doing that, as a way to trick people incapable of thinking two step ahead...

Wait a minute. Really? The corporate press is engaged in a conspiracy to simply make it *look* like they are ignoring Dr. Paul??? Hmmmm..... could be I guess,lol, but then why don't they just let him win if it doesn't really matter who wins and give the people the ultimate illusion they still have some power. I'm not certain I follow the logic.

The system wouldn't allow him to become president because if he tried any of that nonsense he is babbling on about it would either cause China to invade the US, or the entire global system to collapse entirely, killing almost everyone on the planet.

And the illusion that you have power is clearly already working perfectly anyway, as this thread demonstrates, so why should they go out of their way?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The system wouldn't allow him to become president because if he tried any of that nonsense he is babbling on about it would either cause China to invade the US, or the entire global system to collapse entirely, killing almost everyone on the planet.

And the illusion that you have power is clearly already working perfectly anyway, as this thread demonstrates, so why should they go out of their way?

Well I agree partially with (I think) 'The System' doesn't want him to become president you're right and the corporate media is doing all it can to shut him out so we're back to square one. But on a different note, while I don't know people's motives for sure, I certainly get the sense an awful lot of effort is going into trying (lamely IMO) to smear the good Dr. by less than above board cheap shots.

Oh and by the way did I mention....

Paul/Ventura 2012!
Go Ron Paul!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well, what I am arguing is that none of it is real, on any level. Obviously he is not going to be elected. Everyone already knew that. If he was elected, there would be nothing he could do to change what is happening, because the structure of the system is so complex and interdependent that to attempt to change anything beyond aesthetics would cause it to collapse completely, and the president of a country does not have the power to order those kinds of things anyway. If he were to use some kind of executive order to start executing his insane agenda, it would be a matter of days before a large percentage of the global population was dead.

It is false on absolutely every conceivable level. I mean serious. We are going to believe that a professional wrestler is here to save us from the evil elite villains that have a plan to destroy us because they are such mean, mean people? This is like a cartoon designed specifically for special ed children. It just doesn't make sense in reality.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
With regards to the magical world of "pure free market capitalism":

Corporations, like governments, are institutions of power and control, and what they do is use power to control. The idea that the solution to the world's problems is to let loose the corporations is insane. These will, quite literally, become governments. All these mining and oil operations in third world nations already have their own armies.

It is all just self-explanatory. Though it is difficult to say without someone automatically assuming that you are offering the solution of the state regulating the forces of capital, because that is what we allegedly have now, and I don't really see that anything would change too much if you replaced the government with corporations, other than that the system would be more efficient at screwing people over.

It could have worked in a pre-industrial age, maybe, I don't know and don't hardly care, because it is an impossibly stupid idea now for every conceivable reason. But I guess in the pre-industrial age, the size of a corporate institution would have been limited by logistics, maybe, and there would be mutual deterrence rather that the unilateral power complex we have now. But even then, given that the colonial powers certainly exercised unilateral power against the brown and black folk of the earth, that argument doesn't make any sense either. Oh, and a nation ruled by the East India Company isn't exactly a picturesque vision of the kind of "freedom and liberty" that Dr. Paul is babbling on about.

The difference between a government and a corporation is very slim. The key notable difference is that corporations tend to be much more efficient. The only logical solution to any of this nonsense is to refuse to participate as a cog in any collective institution of power. It isn't really a very complicated equation. It worked on this planet for a very long time.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
No one is actually looking at any of this seriously, and it is frightening. I think we need to seriously consider what has happened to our minds that we are incapable of perceiving something so obvious. We have had images and concepts inserted into our subconscious minds by the media, and this delusional framework is that with which we are presently attempting to perceive reality, and it just isn't working.

We need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture here, if we hope to grasp reality, and we are going to need to do that before we can even begin to change anything.

Let's pick up the pace here, folks.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
On your location it says PI? Is that PI as in Philippines? I don't want to jump to conclusions quite yet.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Yeah, I'm here in the Philippines. But I'm an American.

What's up?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

How long have you been in the Philippines? Out on business? Military? Sorry I just need to ask these questions so I could build my case toward this thread...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I live in the jungle, generally, I am here in semi-civilization dealing with some matters now, so I'm catching up on some internets.

The information I am presenting here speaks for itself, regardless of my personal life, but if you want to know more about that it's on my youtube channel:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Well I am going to be straight forward with you. If I lived in the jungle where MSM political madness doesn't exist, I would careless what is going on across the Pacific at the moment. To understand Ron Paul you would have to be currently living where we are at, and witness the constant MSM political madness on a daily basis. I support Ron Paul because he puts the Constitution first before anything else. None of the other candidates bring up the Constitution which tells me they know nothing about the Constitution and yet they want to be President. You also stated you don't support anyone I can see why because like I said above politics would be the last thing on my mind if I was living in the jungle. However; making a Ron Paul thread, and calling out his supporters is a mistake on your behalf. I don't think you are in any position to say otherwise...Good day

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Well, I was more interested in discussing specific points, but I can address what you have just said about my seemingly unreasonable concern about the American political insanity.

Firstly, what America does or doesn't do effects the entire planet. Through a number of means, they have conquered the world, and put the whole thing in a position of subjugation to this disembodied entity of commerce and control. Even though I have escaped, I understand that my progeny will not have that option, and that is something I am not the least bit okay with.

Second, I am genuinely concerned about human beings, and I respect that many individuals are suffering in the US, and as I see those who are attempting to do something about this being psyoped and screwed over in the utter waste of time that is the Loverution, I feel it is my duty as a human being to attempt to shed light on a situation that has thus far not been addressed in the least within the alleged "alternative" media. None of the rhetorical insanity and media spectacle that composes this alleged Loverution makes any sense whatsoever, and yet good people are pouring intense amounts of energy into it, because they have been tricked into doing so by the various medias.

I am not fooled by the rhetoric and various slogans about the constitution, and I don't think that if people were capable of being objective, they would be either. The constitution, if read critically, is a blueprint for empire. It is only a romantic dream that the patriots are chasing, and this is clearly a result of the media indoctrination which has taught them, on a subconscious level, that it is okay to instill their emotions in fantasy.

Despite the fact that every single support of Ron Paul - even the man himself - admit that it is impossible to elect him, the actual policies themselves are utterly nonsensical, and as such, a Ron Paulite is no different than an Obama supporter, in that he is being seduced by emotive rhetoric and lulled into a state within which he is incapable of critical analysis.

Please, read through the linked article and see if there are any specific points on which you would disagree with the objectivity of, and then we can discuss them.

Ron Paul is the biggest threat to liberation in the world at this point, as the only real revolution has to start in America, and presently nearly everyone who cares about liberation is being sucked into the delusion of the Loverution. This has to stop. People need to man up and face reality.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well it seems like you and I share the same concerns on life. Ron Paul wants to bring the troops home, and stop the bloodshed overseas. If Ron Paul honestly didn't care about life he would have never became a Doctor. The MSM makes it sound like rhetoric because what he is trying to do is shrink the Government and cut spending overseas, that is something the elites don't want to hear. If you want to talk about the master of rhetoric he is currently running our country down the drain. Ron Paul wants the United States to be how it once was, and preserve the Constitution. I don't think I need to write a lot to prove where I am trying to get to. Anything is better then Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, and Obama unfortunately we can't run rampant and over rule the Government, at least not yet...Trust me I share your concerns, but the reality of it all is that Ron Paul makes the most sense thus far.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ron Paul the biggest threat to Liberty???? LOL . A 'rascist"??? Will start a war with China and we'll all die??? Has Alzheimer's ??? Wow. Is that really the kind of 'oppositon Dr. Paul has. Speaks volumes. I'm wondering if Karl Rove not only works overtime trying to smear Demo challengers but also people within the party. But then of course it's only smoke and mirrors, no need to assasinate the Welstone's of the world, doesn't matter who's in..... right
edit on 7-2-2012 by Tecumte because: spelling

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Ron Paul the biggest threat to Liberty???? LOL . A 'rascist"??? Will start a war with China and we'll all die??? Has Alzheimer's ??? Wow. Is that really the kind of 'oppositon Dr. Paul has. Speaks volumes. I'm wondering if Karl Rove not only works overtime trying to smear Demo challengers but also people within the party. But then of course it's only smoke and mirrors, no need to assasinate the Welstone's of the world, doesn't matter who's in..... right
edit on 7-2-2012 by Tecumte because: spelling

His opposition to Ron Paul is not rovian in any sense of the word. His position on the Constitution is based at least on his anarchist views, which is neither Republican nor Libertarian, but quite leftist I'm sure, maybe Chomskyite. I heard today some stupid remarks about the Constitution. Only a leftist radical would make such idiotic remarks about the Constitution. Oh wait, it was a Supreme Court Justice. It's a sad day when a Supreme Court Justice shows such abject contempt for that which that Justice is supposed to defend.
edit on 8-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Well it seems like you and I share the same concerns on life. Ron Paul wants to bring the troops home, and stop the bloodshed overseas. If Ron Paul honestly didn't care about life he would have never became a Doctor. The MSM makes it sound like rhetoric because what he is trying to do is shrink the Government and cut spending overseas, that is something the elites don't want to hear. If you want to talk about the master of rhetoric he is currently running our country down the drain. Ron Paul wants the United States to be how it once was, and preserve the Constitution. I don't think I need to write a lot to prove where I am trying to get to. Anything is better then Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, and Obama unfortunately we can't run rampant and over rule the Government, at least not yet...Trust me I share your concerns, but the reality of it all is that Ron Paul makes the most sense thus far.

I am not arguing that Ron Paul is some type of "Illuminati shill" or what have you. He seems to believe what he is saying, I guess, but again, I am not interested in the personal belief systems of media personalities (and that is what he is).

And it is all just empty rhetoric. This "gold standard" business is a good place to start. The Rothschilds control the international gold market, and are capable of inflating or deflating its value in the same way that the dollar is presently capable of being manipulated. So that is just complete nonsense, to keep talking about the gold standard. His free market model makes no sense in a world of international corporations that control our lives... all of it, my friend, is an attempt to apply an ancient economic and political model (that honestly was not that great in the first place) to a completely globalized technological post-industrial world. It makes no sense, and is totally and completely unworkable on every conceivable level.

As far as "he is better than the rest", this also makes no sense. That is like saying "burn me at the stakes? Drown me? Stab me to death with an icepick? No way! I want to be thrown into a pit of poisonous snakes!" It is not logical. The entire paradigm of politics is absolutely nonsensical. Claiming that Paul is somehow "outside the system" is like saying "yeah, Donald and Mickey are just cartoon characters, but that Goofy, he's a real rat".

Then we are back to the fact that everyone knows it is not going to happen. Because everyone knows the whole thing is completely fake. And yet they go along with it, because they have been trained to go along with things that make them feel better about themselves, regardless of the actual content. That is why they actually have the gull to refer to it as a "Loverution". That sums the whole thing up. This is about nothing whatsoever but emotionally damaged individuals making themselves feel good - though there are also those sucked into it because they have genuinely believed the hype, and I am not here to judge, just discuss the issue in an objective and critical manner without rhetoric.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join