It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow Pyramid? Look No Further! 04/02/2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

It snowed here in England over the weekend and I had a feeling it would only last a single day, and rightly so to be honest as it has nearly all melted now. However what with all doom and gloom around these days I thought it would be fun to build a pyramid in the snow with my brother. It took us around 3 hours, and came to a total height of 5ft1inch.

Anyways here are some photos for you to enjoy

A few university students were walking by in the early morning when we finished it and wanted photos taking

Just for your information - these photos were take in Leeds, England.

Anyway, hope everyone had a good weekend. Hopefully this will put a smile on your face for a Monday morning!

Peace, love, happiness to all

Klute

edit on 6/2/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/2/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Wow - That is a really neat pyramid.
Good job

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

I like it! Good effort there. Have you built it to scale? And where is the capstone? I smell conspiracy!

Unlucky on the snow melting by the way - ours is still here and not looking like going anywhere yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Haha, Very good. Looks like fun. Unfortunately here in Australia we have 30 degree celcius days. I would love snow

BTW.... If that pyramid is 5ft 1in.... that gal in the pic must be nearly 7 feet

Good Job.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Haha you're right! Must be the angle at which it was taken. I suggest you try to build one another day, I felt like a child once again - even in these depressing times!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
On Saturday a friend and I drove out into the Yorkshire Dales and took the most remote back roads.
We made sure we had survival stuff with us just in case. I think my friend would have really loved to get snowed in - me too to be honest. On our way home it was blizzarding down laying very fast - A few miles from home we called at a pub with an open fire and had beers. We got really cosy there - Just a few miles from home.
Ha Ha - There were still afew steep hills to negotiate and what should have taken less than half an hour turned into 4 hours of pushing the car uphill and sledging it down. I really should grow up at my age - guess there is no hope

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You still have some learning to do from the ancient egyptians

But i guess it is the thought that counts, not the pureness of the geometry.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Nice work dude but you have a long way to go before you beat my... Well, only one word for it, Masterpiece of snow sculpting...

Like i said, nice try but you must practise more

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
pretty cool! i bet theres no mummy inside (just like the real pyramids)!

where i live in canada we should have 2-3 feet of snow,but this 'winter' is so mucked up,the most snow we've had at any one time is about 5 cm.! then it all melts the next day. todays temp. is gonna be 7 degrees celsius and sunny!
the folks around here are walking around in shorts!!! in feb?!
any way, maybe you can make a sphinx next! or maybe angor wat!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

your snowman looks like the elephant man!!!

even an untrained eye can tell this is the work of a master! let me guess,you just remove the snow thats not supposed to be there to reveal the true sculpture that was in the snow!
just funnin! wish i had snow so my kids can have fun

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
the OP pictures doesnt work

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Clearly you need glasses my good man as this is an exact replica of the Venus de Milo. I'm astonished no-one can see the resemblance.

Some of the residents on my street have actually said it is far superior to the original and are surprised the Louvre haven't snapped it up for a tidy fee

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Hmm......had you been partaking in a spot of Oranjeboom before building said masterpiece? That stuff clearly helps the creative juices!

Anyhoo, pish to the Louvre.........i think it is perfect for the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and with some speedy driving you can have it there before it melts!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

well my friend,you obviously have a better trained eye for art than I!
the only thing i can muster up outside mt house is a pile of frozen dirt and sticks that would more resemble a mud hut from ancient northern scotland!
perhaps I can put in an order for an M.C. Usher sculpture,or maybe those funny loafs of bread slippers Dali made!
wadda ya think!

i enjoy your humour!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I had partook in several Oranjebooms before hand yes, what gave the game away... I also had a sudden urge to craft an orange tree afterwards
But that disappeared when i started drinking Oranjeboom Super and fell into a deep sleep.

The Yorkshire Sculpture park is literally five miles away, I shall take your advice and contact them. Infact, i'm sure they wouldn't mind if i just popped it down in the middle of the park

edit on 6/2/2012 by ThorsBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I could probably whip you up a quick snowcastle with the bucket from my holiday in Scarborough last summer, order quickly though, these masterpieces don't stay on the shelves long...

They melt quickly

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

do a sculpture of the Queen to commemerate her 60 years of absolute power!!!

we still can't get her off of money!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

do a sculpture of the Queen to commemerate her 60 years of absolute power!!!

we still can't get her off of money!!!

I think we should have a snowpersons face on our currency

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I shall bare this idea in mind for the next lot of snow. A nice side profile of the queen wearing and Australian cork hat and drinking maple syrup haha

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Thats an awesome snow pyramid! Please tell me you lined the faces up with North, South, East and West. Just to add that little bit extra authenticity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join