It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternatives to firearms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
the longer you look forward into survival the less you look towards guns as they require so many parts to function which if you don't have the knowledge/gear will leave you open toattack when you do run out of ammo and while the basic ingredients are easy to aquire risk v's reward will ensure that alot of people wont venture beyond their camp

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I agree with anyone who said to get a bow or crossbow.Its not a bad tool to have.But your talking about a SHTF situation.There probably wont be any gun stores open to not sell you a gun anyways. So,use a bow or crossbow to silently snipe kill someone with a gun,and take it from their corpse.Ive sometime wondered if my first full auto would be won from an assailant or ill intended individual after the SHTF.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If someone is after you're food stash a potato gun will do the trick. Shoot at them three times and they will pick up the potatoes and leave. They'll return the next day and at least you will something to do till you run out of spuds. Maybe invite the person in for coffee after that and you will become friends.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
If someone is after you're food stash a potato gun will do the trick. Shoot at them three times and they will pick up the potatoes and leave. They'll return the next day and at least you will something to do till you run out of spuds. Maybe invite the person in for coffee after that and you will become friends.

Well that's out of the box thinking if nothing else!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Potatoes come in sacks or bags and rarely boxes. gotta improvise.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
yes the mighty giant Goliath was felled by a well placed shot from a shepherd boys sling. i think i will get my 6 year old girl a marksman sling shot and teach her how to use it she is a good shot with her nerf gun arsenal.. but yes for alternatives to firearms for hunting slingshotsm and airrifles are good but what about learning to set traps for small game and fish for personal close quarter defense a metal base ball bat makes a good club

top topics

<< 1   >>

join