It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds warn us of incoming, and very soon...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

MANY of us here in the USA feel the same way as you. Not only in the US of good ole A but also in other parts of the Country. Its more than sad.

To prepare for an unknown event for me is silly. Why? If I or my family are meant to be here after the shtf (if it does) then it was meant to be. This land of ours is not only corrupted but also polluted and if indeed there becomes a nuclear event the soil itself will not be fit to even grow crops.

To many I am a nut because I have faith that whatever is meant to be....will be.

The sounds can be coming from a lot of places and the source is simply unknown. I don't think for a minute they are all hoaxes. There is a real concern across the globe and I also don't think for a minute that our Government is clueless. They know....EVERYTHING because they not only hear everything and see everything but they have people all over doing their dirty work.

Could it be something to get the Bible believers to THINK the Messiah is coming? Is this something new they are trying being as they want to get a hold of Iran and they (Iran's leaders) firmly believe they are helping the cause of the END.

Is this sound what the Bible speaks of? Is the Earth moaning from birth pangs? Is she about to give birth to a New Moon or Sun/Son?

The Earth HAS TO CHANGE with all the change being done unto her. This change is real and the effects can be seen and now heard, possibly?

None of us know exactly what is going on....we just know its odd to say the least.

Could it be the "tuning fork" as in the Schumann resonances? en.wikipedia.org...

How do you really prepare for something when you have no idea what you are preparing for?
edit on 6-2-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Hello:
My response is (d) a hoax. This is a loop of the same sound promoted in other videos. If you listen closely, at 0:47
the sound stops abruptly when he shuts off his truck. Next at 2:23 you can hear a bird chirp. I have not heard too many birds singing at night. Finally, think about it for a moment. These guys work at a radio station and have access to sound recording equipment. Most likely they also have a very good sound system in the truck.

Nice find, but I think the jury is still out on this one.

Stringman

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This phenomenon, and especially this video (since those guys very much fit the gamer stereo type,) just seem like an ARG for Mass Effect 3 to me. The sound sounds almost exactly like the Reapers from that series. I half expect to see one falling out of the sky or something.

The sounds these guys are "hearing" sound similar just further away.

Also, I decided to make an account to post in this thread. Hello, ATS.

edit on 6-2-2012 by OddballEducator because: First post, saying hello.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
the sound not the trumpet but the motor jet sound i hear it for 36 minutes loud and less loud hypnotic, my sister in bologna italy hear too and also my mother. The question is not where this noise come from or who do that sound but why now ? why people are hearing that sound now ?
edit on 6-2-2012 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have seen other videos that lead me to believe the sounds are not a hoax, as the people are legit in their reactions. However, I agree this first video seems a bit off with how the camera holder acts. Not to mention the sound does seem like it was extracted from previous videos.

But, to me, if there are hoaxers, it only empowers the notion that these sounds ARE real, but people are stupid, and just want attention, and will go to lengths like these just for fun. Doesn't discredit the possibility that these are responses from the earth's core transitioning and adapting to new, denser light.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ugh. Nevermind. I quit.
edit on 6-2-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
isnt april fools coming up ?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
the sound not the trumpet but the motor jet sound i hear it for 36 minutes loud and less loud hypnotic, my sister in bologna italy hear too and also my mother. The question is not where this noise come from or who do that sound but why now ? why people are hearing that sound now ?
edit on 6-2-2012 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

This is from this site: en.wikipedia.org...

I happen to think it is the more plausible reason.
Electromagnetic waves??

This global electromagnetic resonance phenomenon is named after physicist Winfried Otto Schumann who predicted it mathematically in 1952. Schumann resonances occur because the space between the surface of the Earth and the conductive ionosphere acts as a closed waveguide. The limited dimensions of the Earth cause this waveguide to act as a resonant cavity for electromagnetic waves in the ELF band. The cavity is naturally excited by electric currents in lightning. Schumann resonances are the principal background in the electromagnetic spectrum[1] beginning at 3 Hz and extend to 60 Hz,[2] and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.83 (fundamental),[3] 14.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz.[4][5] In the normal mode descriptions of Schumann resonances, the fundamental mode is a standing wave in the Earth–ionosphere cavity with a wavelength equal to the circumference of the Earth. This lowest-frequency (and highest-intensity) mode of the Schumann resonance occurs at a frequency of approximately 7.83 Hz, but this frequency can vary slightly from a variety of factors, such as solar-induced perturbations to the ionosphere, which comprises the upper wall of the closed cavity[citation needed]. The higher resonance modes are spaced at approximately 6.5 Hz intervals[citation needed], a characteristic attributed to the atmosphere's spherical geometry. The peaks exhibit a spectral width of approximately 20% on account of the damping of the respective modes in the dissipative cavity. The eighth overtone lies at approximately 59.9 Hz.[citation needed] Observations of Schumann resonances have been used to track global lightning activity. Owing to the connection between lightning activity and the Earth's climate it has been suggested that they may also be used to monitor global temperature variations and variations of water vapor in the upper troposphere. It has been speculated that extraterrestrial lightning (on other planets) may also be detected and studied by means of their Schumann resonance signatures. Schumann resonances have been used to study the lower ionosphere on Earth and it has been suggested as one way to explore the lower ionosphere on celestial bodies. Effects on Schumann resonances have been reported following geomagnetic and ionospheric disturbances. More recently, discrete Schumann resonance excitations have been linked to transient luminous events – sprites, elves, jets, and other upper-atmospheric lightning. A new field of interest using Schumann resonances is related to short-term earthquake prediction.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I've tried keeping up with as many as I've seen on Youtube. I last counted like 17 different cities. The amarillo vid kinda freaked me out, many of the commenting posts believe it to be fake although others commented saying they really heard it to. I'm from west texas, currently living in austin, I have family in lubbock, amarillo, midland/odessa. That #s way to close to home. I still wish we'd get some sense of explanation. i've read so many dozens of theories I don't how the hell to decipher what is and isn't bull# or just excuses using fancy scientific rhetoric. Either way, I think its real and wouldn't doubt that the YouTube vids are only 30% of all the places its really being heard.

The Hoax # is annoying. i can't stand reading sum subjective over-opinionated pompous pricks spreading their "who cried wolf" responses. Thats not cool at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by MajorKarma

MANY of us here in the USA feel the same way as you. Not only in the US of good ole A but also in other parts of the Country. Its more than sad.

To prepare for an unknown event for me is silly. Why? If I or my family are meant to be here after the shtf (if it does) then it was meant to be. This land of ours is not only corrupted but also polluted and if indeed there becomes a nuclear event the soil itself will not be fit to even grow crops.

To many I am a nut because I have faith that whatever is meant to be....will be.

The sounds can be coming from a lot of places and the source is simply unknown. I don't think for a minute they are all hoaxes. There is a real concern across the globe and I also don't think for a minute that our Government is clueless. They know....EVERYTHING because they not only hear everything and see everything but they have people all over doing their dirty work.

Could it be something to get the Bible believers to THINK the Messiah is coming? Is this something new they are trying being as they want to get a hold of Iran and they (Iran's leaders) firmly believe they are helping the cause of the END.

Is this sound what the Bible speaks of? Is the Earth moaning from birth pangs? Is she about to give birth to a New Moon or Sun/Son?

The Earth HAS TO CHANGE with all the change being done unto her. This change is real and the effects can be seen and now heard, possibly?

None of us know exactly what is going on....we just know its odd to say the least.

Could it be the "tuning fork" as in the Schumann resonances? en.wikipedia.org...

How do you really prepare for something when you have no idea what you are preparing for?
edit on 6-2-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

Oh Mama what I continue to be amused by is those who think I am their peer or maybe even subordinate. Let me clue you in and risk the consequences of bragging on myself. I was raised on a ranch in Texas where I could do most things well by the time I was 12; I am a former Marine Corp Officer who went on to get his Structural Engineering Degree from UCSB and MBA from Stanford and this was ground I had covered by 1979 when I was 30. I have been a commercial banker, gaming facility developer, farmer, rancher and have been at the head of a dozen companies I worked for, owned and helped. I was friends of Tim Leary, Sterling Hayden, Ayn Rand, Lucy Ball and a very long list of outstanding human beings of which are all dead and now have no equals. In my 58 years I have lived 4 lives with 4 wives and 4 children. I have made, lost and made again many millions. What? You think because I mingle in here with these clerks that I am one of them? Does Bill or Grey or one of these think I am their peer or one of their minions or followers because I waste my time here? I am leaving the USA for a hundred reasons, any 3 would be enough and the only reason I have not left yet is because of my children and because I continue to gather resources Vs spend resources. The Gold and Silver I switched out my Stocks for in 2002 for continues grow in value and to this moment it has been to my favor to hold tight. So, you want to tell me?? You want to advise me?? Look to your own house Mama.
edit on 6-2-2012 by MajorKarma because: Excuse the typos, I just said it all straight out

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think i have heard it myself. Though it is very brief for me.

Literally sounds like a jet flew directly over my home a mile or two above my house. It is loud , but not "Oh crap" loud. It will only last about 2-4 seconds.

It may or may not be related to this phenomenon , but it is strange and has only happened recently with all the solar activity and i havnt heard it in a week or two now.

I have been around a lot of aircraft , and it does resemble a jet .. but the sound volume and the length of the sound do not correspond and threw me for a loop when i first heard.

Unless they have a jet that can fly over 30 miles a second stationed around my home , i doubt it would be an aircraft. I also am staying in a small town in Mississippi , it isn't construction. Not sure what is it , perhaps could be a phenomenon dealing with aircraft i didn't know existed though, i just highly doubt it.

------

I think the sound is solar winds / activity. This didn't start happening until the sun started acting up as far as I know.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Out of all the (plausible) theories surrounding the "rumbling" phenomenon..

I think this post by user football6 gives the best possible explanation to these sounds:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

thank you i heard about it but i did not made a relation...but i'm still wondering why i did not hear it before and why now, if this is something related to resonance so there is an explanation, why we hear it now...maybe will never know...or we will know soon

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I agree with many posters in that the sound that seems to be genuine is not the sound heard in many of the latest videos.

I have heard a strange sound on several different occasions over about a year now. The first time I posted in an existing thread and the second time I started a new thread while it was still happening.

Unfotunately, there was no one on ATS who lived in the same area as myself at the time.

One thing, if all accounts are true, is that the sound seems to occur in the very early morning hours and almost always, the sky is overcast.

The sound resembles a very low pass bass frequency and carries on with different degrees of intensity for 30minutes to an hour or more.

I can't believe their are so many people who will call everyone who has reported hearing this a liar, when it is the lack of experience which they are unable to cope with and not the substance of the reports.

I would not lie about something like this, or anything so trivial as an unexplained noise in the sky.

Simply because everyone you know in the entire world have yet to experience something like this does not mean it has not occurred or continue to occur. It simply means that you do not know enough people, in enough places. There are billions of people in the world and it would be very easy to know 100 people, world-wide, who have never heard this phenomena.

I believe there is an answer, I believe some already know the answer and it is possible that we will not like the answer at all.

I believe their are aliens out there and I believe that the Mayans may have known something we are yet to understand, but I do not believe that the sounds are related to either.

I believe the sounds may be directly related to the siphoning of resources out of our home. I think it is very possible that the Earth is beginning to show the effects draining mass amounts of her blood out of her for years upon years.

How quickly can the Earth replenish the oil? What would happen if massive cavities of oil were emptied and left void, would they quickly refill?

I can't be certain that this is the cause or effect, but it could be. I have no idea what type of phenomena we would encounter if the Earth became very sick from us sucking her dry. Strange noises in the skies could be the very least of our problems and a sign of what may be headed our way... world-wide.

edit on 6-2-2012 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

this theory sound good to me for the moment .... very poetic, an alignment with the galactic equator

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

What is the point of a warning which no-one can understand?

If someone wanted to warn us, and had the tech to generate loud audio in the air, why wouldn't they just do so in multiple languages and repeatedly?

The noise may be real and fascinating (at least in some cases) but the inference that it is a warning is tenuous, at best.

As a warning? IMHO, fail.

edit on 6/2/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I've heard this rumble? too, here in Central NY, lasts about twenty minutes to half an hour and seemed to be in a north westerly direction. To be honest, don't really have a clue what it is, I'm leaning towards the thought that it's something possibly brushing our atmosphere. Has anyone compared the sound to the suns activity?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

i'm agree with you but i will do the devil's advocate you are maybe in africa or any other country you are walking and a man come to you and tell you on his own language don't go in that direction there is a danger, they guy tell it to you many time, you start to wonder but you don't understand, the man still shouting and telling you don't go that way, but you still don't understand so you keep going and in the road you meet a group of lion...end of story

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkstar57
reply to post by assspeaker

You mention TBM, tunnel boring machine... if they have been at work in the US, then there will be spoil piles visible from space.
e.g., 1000 miles of 20 foot diameter tunnel creates a 1000 mile 20 foot diameter column or, more likely, a 1 mile high mountain 1 mile in diameter (a guess).

So if we have TBMS at work, where are the new mountains?

They have taken the spoils to empty oil well pockets by rail car and are ejecting the water by pipe into the rivers, and filling the giant empty caverns with the excess rock and dirt.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I am in the Hudson Valley area of New York. I hear a humming sound between 1 and 4 AM, several times a week. I also hear rumbling occasionally. This isn't all hoaxed, people are hearing unusual noises. I certainly have. I have only started hearing the sound for the past month, but it seems to come from all around.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join