It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds warn us of incoming, and very soon...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

Ever thought that maybe the real cause for sea levels rising is dumping shed loads of soil & rock into the ocean? Ergo, no visible "spoils piles" as you called them.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by teenee1111

Adding Inverness, Scotland to the list. Do you know if there is any fracking going on in that part of your country?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

Adding Vancouver Island, Victoria B.C., Canada to the list. This makes it three reports from Vancouver island! A lot for a small land mass and situated on a volcano.

(I am going to quit asking whether fracking is taking place in the area because I really think it unlikely the sound being reported and fracking can be associated with the kind of spread of data we have already. And yes I know fracking has been done on Vancouver Island for decades. But the thing about the reports of this sound and fracking is there are plenty of places were fracking is occurring where no one is reporting the strange sounds from the sky.

edit on 10-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smugmushroom

Ever consider how much ice is melting into the sea each year from the arctic and antarctic regions?

Estimates of recent changes in Antarctic land ice (Figure 2) range from losing 100 Gt/year to over 300 Gt/year. Because 360 Gt/year represents an annual sea level rise of 1 mm/year, recent estimates indicate a contribution of between 0.27 mm/year and 0.83 mm/year coming from Antarctica. There is of course uncertainty in the estimations methods but multiple different types of measurement techniques (explained here) all show the same thing, Antarctica is losing land ice as a whole, and these losses are accelerating quickly.

SOURCE
That ice is going somewhere, the oceans. For your theory to hold water (ha ha) there would have to bee an awful lot of tunnelling machines dumping an awful lot of stuff into the oceans to displace anywhere close to the volume of water that melted polar ice has and still is.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hey guys, my wife and I have been hearing these sounds near Portland, OR. I just now heard it for around 15 minutes. Very loud! Well, as we were experiencing a rare February sun break I decided to step outside and monitor the sky during it. It got louder and more directional and finally there it was! What I think was a fighter jet, flying fairly low. When I saw it, it appeared to be ascending or at least maneuvering up at the time. Not saying it rules out anything else, but I hear there are lots of these being brought back stateside. They could be training, hell maybe even patrolling with the state the world is in these days.

I had previously thought maybe it wasn't a jet because of how long and loud the noise has lasted sometimes, but they must just be circling because I saw the jet with my own two eyes! At times it's been loud enough to shake the house, causing my wife and I to exchange worried glances. There's even been times we swore something was about to hit us. Normal planes are much, much quieter and higher.
edit on 11-2-2012 by SpencerGR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Been reading the thread regarding sky sounds as I find this subject very interesting. I too believe that there has been many fakes jumping on the bandwagon. Here's a link to a local newspaper in my area (Middlesbrough, UK) reporting on strange sounds heard by many people, don't know if its the same sounds that have been heard elsewhere but thought you may find it interesting...

The Gazette received dozens of reports of the earth moving and two loud explosions in areas including Brotton, Saltburn, Marske and Guisborough.

News Article

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Double Post
edit on 11-2-2012 by rapsutin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
REVISED LIST

'LOCALITIES WITH STRANGE NOISE REPORTS IN POSTS ON THIS THREAD'

Not as yet satisfactorily explained by fracking, tunnel drilling machines, or tunnel venting gas, ground venting gas, high flying drones, recordings of the trumpet sound track from Red State...

If I missed someone's post above let me know

Melbourne, Australia

Schipol, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Paris, France

Bologna, Italy

Bucharest, Romania

Inverness, Scotland

Vancouver Island, Victoria B.C., Canada
Vancouver Island, Langford, B.C., Canada
Vancouver Island, Sooke, B.C., Canada
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Springfield Ohio, USA
Ohio River, Ohio, USA
Los Angelos, USA
Pittsburgh PA, USA
East Tennessee, USA
Georgia, USA
Havana, Miami, FL, USA
South Eastern PA, USA
Portland, Oregon, USA
Fredericksburg, TX, USA
NE TX, USA
Dallas, Fort Worth, TX, USA

Amarillo, TX, USA (NB the video many here see as a hoax however, it appears to be confirmed by others in same town -See on this thread posts by Javidahippy and Binder)
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Albany, NY, USA
Central Missouri, USA
Tuscon, Arizona, USA
(a long way from the spot of fracking going on up north state)
Airway Heights, Spokane, Washington, USA
Boston vicinity, Massachusetts, USA

If you have heard the sound --- first hand experience - tell us about it. The locality will be added to the list.

Remember, the list is only taken from data presented on this thread! So - if you find reports of the sounds with the ring of genuiness (as apart from prank) on ATS and other Internet sites then do post to be added. Include source link to those you didn't witness yourself. The information can be collated and others can do what they will to add to this analysis.

timetothink has offered to put the localities on a flagged map. This kind of thing will help someone to point us to commonalities. I believe there will be obvious clusters. So long as we are operating on the principle of weeding hoaxters from those we think are genuine witnesses we will have something solid to work with.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Your "ship"? Are we to believe you've built a spaceship? Hope I am misunderstanding...

If not, care to share how you made your ship?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

No fracking in Inverness or anywhere that i know of.I brought this subject up with my son at the weekend.He said he had heard a strange humming noise when he had been staying with a friend in Edinburgh the week after xmas,but until i mentioned it he didnt like to bring it up!I am of the opinion that some of the videos of the sounds are fakes but there is definately something happening........

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hope this works....I am still learning.

I made a map of the sounds from this site, from personal experience....now if someone wants volunteer for some overlays maybe? Geomagnetics, tectonic plates, fracking or whatever we can think of?
edit on 12-2-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

maps.google.com...,-94.460449&spn=149.12255,12.304688

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Something not working with your link to your work. Only getting a vanilla google map of North America.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

OK trying to fix it...see if that new one works for you.

I left it open for those that have URL...so you should be able to pin on it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think my link works now....to google maps...anyone should be able to work on it.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You can add Pickering, Ontario...outskirts of east Toronto, Ontario and Etobicoke, Ontario, west of Toronto,Canada

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Interesting.

The placemark 18, Saskatoon, stands out as an outlier. It doesn't seem to fit with the commonalities found shared amongst the others, that is at first appraisal at least.
edit on 12-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Thank you! It was recorded in the border of West L.A and Santa Monica

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pirossarkany

Originally posted by pirossarkany
You can add Pickering, Ontario...outskirts of east Toronto, Ontario and Etobicoke, Ontario, west of Toronto,Canada

Were you a first hand witness? What kind of sound did you hear, what time?

Let us know the circumstances people. That way its easier to apply filtering to any analysis we want to do.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I know amongst the mainstream scientist they are leaning towards tectonics, or geo-magnetism, and recent uptick in solar activity. I have looked at the plots, and IMO solar activity, and geomagnetics, van allen belts, the aurora et al. Seem to make the most sense. For example, Amarillo sits atop the caprock. This is a huge, thick plate in the center of the continent, and is the foundation of the great plains region. It is an extremely solid, and calm area geologically speaking. If there is something going on that is making the caprock "creak, and groan." eluding to a possible fracture, or something I think we're in way bigger trouble than imagined.

So, I think solar activity, and geomagnetics make more sense simply applying occams razor. If the caprock were shifting it would be felt, and there would be seizmic recordings. The ground has been still, as usual, and the "sounds" heard here were definitely of a celestial origin from the perspective of the observer. Since there isn't any increase in siezmic activity to account for the anomaly locally the increase in solar activity just makes more sense.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Pickering one is rather personal...and fact!!!!! It is all detailed in forum of `strangesoundsithesky` under `eating crow`. The Etobicoke one is posted there also.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join