It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds warn us of incoming, and very soon...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nomebear

I have heard the trumpet like sounds in two different locations. The first time in Portland, Oregon in September 2011, early in the morning. It lasted about 15 minutes and no one that I talked to recalled hearing them. The second time I heard them was on a ranch north of Fredericksburg, Texas in January 2012 and the location was 25 miles from the nearest town. The second time the sounds changed from trumpets,to something almost mechanical, like a helicopter flying yet very strange, like nothing I've ever heard before, and both times the sounds where coming from the sky.

Adding Portland, Oregon, and also Frederiksburg, Texas to that list.

That's two for Texas!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by merkabaman

I heard a sound similar to what people are describing having heard on here, as well as the videos that are "real". This was about a week ago in Airway Heights/Spokane. I was just leaving for work, keys in my door, and it started. I live right near an USAF base as well as an international airport, so loud engine like sounds overhead are a norm. This, however, was completely different and caught me off guard. Now, as a skeptic and a conscious human being, I began questioning what this was from an audio viewpoint. I have of course read these forums and seen a few videos on YouTube, but remained skeptical. I am a degree holding audio engineer and have been working in the field for years. Noise and how it relates to my ear is my life's work. That being said, this sound was so loud, and so near, that I was startled. It was unlike any plane or jet I've heard. The frequency was also so consistent that it negated motion. A touch freaked out, but thinking nothing of it, I drove the 2 miles to my work, got out of my car and the sound was still present, and EXACTLY the same as it had been at my home. I'm not laying my hat in any corner as too a cause, but I can vouch for the sounds validity. Sorry for the ramble.

Add Airway Heights/Spokane to the list.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by meancookie89

so the government has stopped working, created war, created massive debt, plans to create a NWO, dropped NASA flights but in its place has drastically increased funding for military by 80% and has resourcefully kept the public blind ...... THEY KNOW SOMETHING and they ain't telling us. You know and i know something is up with those solar flares and the weather has been off lately really off !!!

Yee-upp!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Albany, NY added to list. This makes quite a few verifications for NY if we take it in its entirety.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Hey! I was in tucson and when i opened my window to enjoy the rainy skies and i heard this noise. It was EXTREMELY LOUD. It scared me soo bad, and it seemed to have come front the sky. I can't even explain it, it sounded like the monster form cloverfield. Instantly after that i skyped my sister telling her what i heard. I was kinda afraid of what she would think as i never heard of this before but she is as open as me to these strange happenings and IT IS ACTUALLY SOMETHING THATS HAPPENING AROUND THE WORLD. she helped me look it up. Thats when i found the video form Ukraine showing THE SAME SOUND. I couldn't believe it, that this is phenomenon is not being reported about on the news hardly at all. After that happened, more and more reportings have been showing up about this, without me going out of my way to look it up. I will be showing my sister this video, thank you for posting it!! I know something big is happening and i can only imagine what could be causing such a freaky sound, although ive heard underground drilling could be a cause, im just not sure since what i heard came from the sky! hmmm
reply to post by Avalonsunn

Adding Tuscon to the list.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Its a postulate looking for evidence. This thread is an endeavour to provide evidence for and against. Okay? Good. Lets get started.

So are we postulating or just making $h!t up?

Seems to me, that to apply Occam's Razor here, one would take the evidence and then theorise based on such evidence.

Just how the hell do you come to the conclusion that this is some form of warning?

Read the first line of my reply again.

Then this.
en.wikipedia.org...'s_razor

Occams Razor is applied to filter postulates/hypotheses… an idea you have of the reason why x is happening. The point is to find the idea built on the least assumptions by making a comparison of all the ideas on offer seeking to explain x. Or do you use a different interpretation of Occams?
edit on 7-2-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

thank you

actually i live in france paris and my sister in italy, i heard it at 17 pm and i was not alone, i was in the park, i was reading, i had noticed the sound but i was thinking it was a plane, but 10 minutes later the sound was still there, i looked at the sky and then around i noticed that people around was looking at the sky too, so i start to listen more closelyd 36 minutes later it fade a way, but i think most of people do not think about something supernatural, but it's just a plane even if they don't see it, i knew about my mother because she just tell me that one day she was annoying by a sound of a plane for 40 minutes and she said that it's curious a plane flying around the house for 40 minutes
But in the same time what could we say more, this sound i'm sure many people heard it but did not made any relation, like my mother, our brain in the first state try to find something logical to feet at our reality, even if they heard a voice from the sky they will say it's the wind or a plane, I would like to convince anyone because as soon as you talk about it people tell you this a hoax, it's debunked, it's totaly messed up why ? because there two sound the one i heard and the one on youtube and people don't made any difference, but this is funny because when the original sound start to be heard and posted on youtube a few month later the horn sound pop up...like to cover the original one,for me this the best way to made people focusing on something different when people are debating to know if it's a hoax or not, the real sound is forgotten because actualy we talk more about the trumpet sound then the rumbling or jet sound
i think we should focus on the rumbling one and only on this one...
edit on 7-2-2012 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Originally posted by Binder
reply to post by TheOneElectric

The OP's video is authentic. Amarillo is my stomping grounds, and I heard the exact same sounds that night. I just didn't realize a local DJ managed to actually record the event!!! I had goose bumps. I thought the sounds were just a hoax, until I heard them myself. It may sound just like the Kiev event becaause it may be the same "thing" happening whatever "it" is, but that is definitely what it sounded like, in Amarillo, and on the night in question.

Amarillo has lots of trains, and a fairly busy airport. I know what a midnight coal train, and a landing jet sound like, and this was not any of those. I was VERY skeptical of the "sounds" reports, but I am an absolute believer now. Creeped the bejezus out of me. Still does.

Adding Amarillo to the list. Anybody else heard the sound in Amarillo. I am still open about the vid in the intro. I kind of liked it myself. Two things to consider, a bunch of dudes doing a bit of video of themselves do 'act'. A radio station usually has some fine recording gear on hand. So using that gear on a roof away from the street just as they do they might well end up with the too-real-to-be-real sound you can hear in the video.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
i think 3.6 million watts of steerable ELF-Waves would most definitely be capable of such occurrences..
or i guess it could be the sound of the Apocalypse..
i'm puttin my $$ on the ELF waves...

Some ELF broadcasts from the Russians were thought to cause depression in humans. When the Russians first started transmitting in 1976, they emitted an eleven hertz signal through the earth. This ELF wave was so powerful that it upset radio communications around the world, resulting in many nations lodging protest. The U. S. Air Force identified five different frequencies the Russians were emitting in a wild ELF cocktail. They never broadcast anything below eleven hertz, or anything that would be beneficial. They had more sinister things in mind. ELF penetrates anything and everything. Nothing stops or weakens them. At the right frequencies and durations, whole populations could be controlled by ELF, or even killed. Once the killing range of these frequencies is perfected, it could make nuclear bombs obsolete. It could kill almost immediately with powerful adverse frequencies. Whole populations could be killed indiscriminately from radio frequencies transmitted from the other side of the globe without damaging anything else. A conquering army could simply take over the land and buildings without a battle.

www.stephen-knapp.com...
edit on 7-2-2012 by SUBKONCIOUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Originally posted by timetothink
www.csmonitor.com...

Something else to ponder....space quakes

strangesoundsinthesky.com...
edit on 7-2-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

Mr Comet watch is on it.
edit on 7-2-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

Seems a possible explanation worthy of consideration. But if he is right I would expect the spread of reports to be more evenly dispersed around the entirety of the globe, rather than in clusters as they seem to be, with a large part of the globe with apparently no occurrences at all.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Adding East Tennessee, USA, to the list.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Something else which is strange about all this, is we don't hear even a peep from the msm about it. They report on things like over-sized pumpkins and Lindsay Lohan, you'd think they'd be all over this.

Which leads me to believe, whatever this noise is they know about it, and it's threatening to tptb for some reason.

Edit: Or they're preventing mass panic, which is just a silly excuse of course. Now I'm really beginning to wonder.

Yes! Never heard of a TV network report of this story on air. Then again why would they? Hardly a funny or cute story, and no money in it for the corporations MSN serves.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

thank you

actually i live in france paris and my sister in italy, i heard it at 17 pm and i was not alone, i was in the park, i was reading, i had noticed the sound but i was thinking it was a plane, but 10 minutes later the sound was still there, i looked at the sky and then around i noticed that people around was looking at the sky too, so i start to listen more closelyd 36 minutes later it fade a way…

i think we should focus on the rumbling one and only on this one...
reply to post by pitchdragon

Adding France, Paris to the list.
Where in Italy did your sister hear the sound?

Edit:
Got to go for now. Thanks for all of the discussion people. I will catch up with the thread when the labouring is done for the day.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It's unfortunate there are so many hoax videos because I'm sure some occurrences are genuine and it would be nice to receive a genuine explanation.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I've been on here a while but never commented on this subject until now. One of my clients in the UK is an aerospace company which hold a contract for the RAF. Although I don't know exact details. I have been told that they develop and test 'advanced surveillance aircraft' in different territories around the world. While the majority of tests are undertaken over the sea and deserts, they also test this equipment over populated areas and various different types of terrain to enable full testing of optics, radar detection and aerodynamics. They also fly them over populated areas to test stealthiness and gather statistics from ground based equipment and observers. Although he didn't say it, I believe that this could be the explanation for some recent UFO sightings and also these sounds in the sky.

When I asked him what kind of 'experimental aircraft' there were, he told me that spy drones were being developed by various Air Forces and there were also aircraft being developed of which he couldn't discuss.

I would like to try and get more information but I feel that if I post something that should be kept confidential, I will be liable to 'having an accident' or prosecution.

ETA: I haven't personally heard these sounds or know of anyone who has.
edit on 7-2-2012 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Come on guys, this is clearly a hoax. There are a few interesting weird sounds videos out there but most of them now are just stupid. They have simply taken the sound from the 2005 War of the Worlds movie and used it. Here. take a look and judge for yourself www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-2-2012 by HobsonsChoice because: (no reason given)

sorry, couldn't embed for some reason.
edit on 7-2-2012 by HobsonsChoice because: embedding failed

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Read the first line of my reply again.

Then this.
en.wikipedia.org...'s_razor

Occams Razor is applied to filter postulates/hypotheses… an idea you have of the reason why x is happening. The point is to find the idea built on the least assumptions by making a comparison of all the ideas on offer seeking to explain x. Or do you use a different interpretation of Occams?

Yeah, but isn't the term "warning" a big baseless assumption?

Shouldn't we be looking for - WRT Occam's Razor - terrestrial answers that don't require supernatural/extraterrestrial explanations?

Things mentioned so far that seem plausible to me.

TBM - The grande tunnel borers, this to me is unlikely but still plausible.
Military weapon. Ultrasonicplasmoidalmicrowavatronicalturdinducinggizmo

Military plane/craft. Maybe Klingon cloaking tech stolen straight from the desks of Gene Roddenberry.

Viral Marketing scheme. To me this is up there as one of the most plausible. Those kooky marketing/advertising guys are always trying to outdo each other in new ways.
Weather phenomena
Solar influence
Tectonic activityProbably the most plausible.

*Sorry if I missed anyone

Things that may be possible, but not seriously plausible.

E.T. Elliot used redial and managed to phone ET's home. Turns out, the aliens can flatus for well over an hour and like to amplify and project the resulting sound much like an army instils fear with war-drums . ET and co will be here sometime soon and intend to enslave seven billion people to mine gold for them.

Trumpets of RevelationPersonally I think ET is more plausible.....each to their own I suppose.

TPTB Yeah tptb are going to enslave us and make us mine them gold.
Obamacare To me it isn't very likely but I'm sure there is at least one nut job out there that would think something along these lines.
Warning from another ET Basically the same as above without Elliot or the flatulence. ET enslaves us and we mine gold.
Warning from TPTB In an act of spite and boastful pride, tptb are sounding a warning to a few select locations on the Earth to unbeknownst people to warn them that they are about to be used to mine gold.

Personally, I think that it is most likely tectonic in origin with viral marketing coming in a close second. In fact, I think that if the sound isn't a viral marketing technique, then someone will make it their marketing technique. I was thinking about it this morning, so, no doubt someone else has thought the same and already started to get the ball rolling to capitalise on something that has become a viral phenomena.

Makes me wonder how many products have been surreptitiously gorilla marketed on forums like ATS.

edit on 7/2/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This is my first time posting on this website, I found this to be the most relevant topic to post in.

I've read a lot about the "sky sounds" and other strange audio recordings, and as any critical thinker should, I took it with a grain of salt and didn't just accept it outright, but also didn't discount it.

then I heard it for myself.

I live outside of Boston and about two weeks ago I was awake around 3 AM. I live about 50 feet from a heavily used train track, so loud rumblings and odd noises are standard fare. So when I heard a strange rumbling in the distance I didn't think too much about it, however almost immediately I noticed it was different, having lived there for a while I can tell with surprising accuracy just what is coming down the tracks, be it freight trains or commuter cars or whatever. But this was different, it was a low steady rumble that didn't increase or decrease in volume for it's duration, which one would expect with a moving train. It sounded like thunder in a way, but as with trains, thunder has a distinct "rolling" sound. This all lasted about 3 minutes, and it was accompanied by vibrations moving through my apartment floor. Having lived in New England my whole life, I've never felt an earthquake, so it could certainly have been that, but having read this site for so long and listened to the audio recordings (especially the one from Kiev) I couldn't help but wonder.

thanks, I hope this provides some validity to previous claims.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by javidahippy
I live in Amarillo tx on the other side of town and also heard the strange sound

Another Texan here and I have also heard the sound. I'm 85 miles south of Dallas Fort Worth. I live in the country three miles outside of a small town. The sound came from the sky and sounded like it was coming from all directions. I have no proof (ie cell phone, video) but it did happen and my husband also heard it. It was around 11pm in the evening mid Sept. 2011.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Yall don't think that could be some sort of alien radio wave hitting earth it might be a message
for us or the aliens on earth to leave
edit on 7-2-2012 by deadfox223 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join