It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela threatens Britain over Falklands as its president vows to side with Argentina

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by Fromabove

The Islands never belonged to Argentina originally, the first inhabitants were French.

They was first sighted by the Turkish Ottoman Empire, The French its first colonists, the French colonised the east island, the British the west island a year later, both the French & British never new each other was there for some time, eventually the French left, and the British remained there to then colonise both islands of the Falklands.

edit on 6-2-2012 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PrecogPsychicSensitive

What would the Yanks do if the Japanese or the Polynesians wanted to take Hawaii back?
It's thousands of miles from the U.S mainland isn't it? Would all those U.S citizens on Hawaii pack up and leave?
I don't think so.
Stop being so hypercritical!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Let's be clear about one thing the Malvinas belong to Argentina . The British suffer from a severe inferiority complex....they lost their empire..they are a small wind blown island ...the only way they can get a sense of the old days of glory is when they suck up to America my country...that is why the world call them america's lapdog.

And remember without American help during the falkland war you would have lost. The malvinas will return to Argentina soon and u Brits should drop the posturing...we are not impressed.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
At one time, the British Empire had quite a lot of the world. But you see how they screwed it all up by their treatment of those they Lorded over. They were selfish and thought they were superior to other races and dialects, but one by one they were driven out or gave up the lands because money was hard and times were bad. They hold onto the islands (which belong to Argentina) to show they still have a foothold in two hemispheres and times zones on the planet. But that is bound to change as they fall ever closer to total economic collapse with the rest of Europe. Then the Argentinians can just go and take them back easily enough.

Where do all you "not so clever people" come from?

DREAMING! you're totally and utterly dreaming buddy

The UK's economy is a dam sight better then 90% of the worlds economy's, its in far less debt than the US and Europe, and guess what, the entire SA continent to, which resides firmly in the bottom 10-15%,

So if we can't afford a war, what type of logic are you using to make your predictions? they sure as [snip] can't afford a war, they're 100x worst of... lol

As i said we already have 2x unsinkable aircraft carriers down there and have a 40yrs more advanced navy & air force with 2x more aircraft carriers ready for 2015

SO... Exactly when was you hoping Argentina was going to murder and steal British people & land? 50yrs time? 60yrs time? when exactly?

The day any of you uneducated SA morons step foot on British soil in anger will be your last, and i hope you do it while i'm still young and fit and able, and i can assure you they'll be no shortage of veterans & recruits, the people of the Falklands are being bullied and harassed, and its not right, we Brits have had our fair share of BS wars over the years, and fought hard, for things we should not be fighting for, but should we be forced to fight a truly "just" war "again" to defend our island & people in the Falkland you will know about it,

I'm absolutely sick to my stomach with this BS, so much so i'm literally begging for Chavez & Kirchner to lose a few more brain cells and have a pop, as i'm sure other frustrated people in here are

Your stupidity & arrogance makes me sick

They were selfish and thought they were superior to other races and dialects

Wrong that was the nature of the world we lived in, EVERYBODY was at it, or are you going to continue ignoring history & facts? don't blame use for being good at surviving in a dog eat dog world,

They hold onto the islands (which belong to Argentina) to show they still have a foothold in two hemispheres and times zones on the planet.

Wrong, please point out when they ever belonged to Argentina? they was held onto because we colonised the islands and maintained the presents for many reasons, sealers/fur trade & later Antarctic expeditions its had many roles ... your just guessing based on your hatred for the British people tho aren't you? ahh thought so, i can only hope you learn to forgive & forget and realise its mankind you hate, lets try not to go in reverse gear here, what's done is done get over it

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
2500 inbred british islanders occupy the Malvinas ....it's like the movie idiocracy on steroids....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Soon the great Britain will be not so great.....rumors are the scots are giving u the boot.....there goes the oil fields there goes the parking space for your nuclear subs...there goes ur economy

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rebzo
Let's be clear about one thing the Malvinas belong to Argentina . The British suffer from a severe inferiority complex....they lost their empire..they are a small wind blown island ...the only way they can get a sense of the old days of glory is when they suck up to America my country...that is why the world call them america's lapdog.

And remember without American help during the falkland war you would have lost. The malvinas will return to Argentina soon and u Brits should drop the posturing...we are not impressed.

LMAO

Excuse me?

What help did the USA, the county "you don't live in" or granted you asylum, help the UK in the Falklands conflict hmm?

They offered an aircraft carrier, we declined, we had two it wasn't needed, and we kicked your ass within a couple of months with a small task force,

Again i will ask again, just for one of you to state WHY they belong to Argentina, & WHEN did they ever?

they are a small wind blown island

Indeed... one that owned 1/4 of the planet, haaaadouken shot deflected

that is why the world call them america's lapdog.

Its an alliance all English speaking nations share, its called the north Atlantic treaty, and is the very reason we Brits, US, Canadians & Australians always fight together in wars,

edit on 7-2-2012 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Soon the great Britain will be not so great.....rumors are the scots are giving u the boot.....there goes the oil fields there goes the parking space for your nuclear subs...there goes ur economy

Stop talking rubbish, more people live in London then Scotland, a small minority want to leave the union in Scotland, the rest no dam well they would collapse, more people in England voted for Scotland to leave the union then in Scotland BTW, in favour, "as a joke", not a chance, as i said if you think it would be a blow to the UK and weaken it you're totally wrong, it would be the opposite. i think that maybe where you're getting your wires crossed,

There goes what oil fields? the north sea reserves you mean, what makes you think they'll go? perhaps your unaware they are also shared with the Norwegians & Dutch,

There goes your parking space for nuclear subs? WHAT THE [SNIP] oh no, we have no coastline left to park our nuclear subs, that's it lads were finished

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

2500 inbred british islanders occupy the Malvinas ....it's like the movie idiocracy on steroids....

Stop being so ignorant, you're starting to sound like a Nazi,

Why so nasty Fernando, why you be so nasty? getting a little frustrated are we? good

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I suspect that Chavez will be too busy lobbing Iran's missiles at the USA with nukes or bio-weapons or some such . . . in the not very distant future . . . to bother much about the Falklands.

Sigh.

Times are a changin' folks.

Buckle seatbelts.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by michael1983l

I suspect that Chavez will be too busy lobbing Iran's missiles at the USA with nukes or bio-weapons or some such . . . in the not very distant future . . . to bother much about the Falklands.

Sigh.

Times are a changin' folks.

Buckle seatbelts.

Oh they will, all the envious are gathering outside the gates conspiring with one another on how to topple the west!

Keep an eye out for them, and there silly little threads

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Knights

We certainly would be the big bad monster if we unleashed nuclear weapons on another country. A very weak country at that.

You speak about this as though it is gov't policy (when it is quite obviously not). In this sense, the wimpiness of our politicians is actually good (nuclear weapons - good deterrent, but I sure hope noone ever uses them).

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Britain may as well just send some boats to the southernmost floridian keys/everglades and say look almost nobody lives here, we discovered and call it our own.

Falklands is originally Fuegian indian land, obviously its marshy so they it was their national part to canoe thru instead of live in.

Now, Britain and Argentina are fighting over it millenia later. Figures, imperialism will be the end of us all.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
Britain may as well just send some boats to the southernmost floridian keys/everglades and say look almost nobody lives here, we discovered and call it our own.

Nope

That's not in the slightest close to the situation in the Falklands, They belong to the US, and the US is there claiming them, that would be and invasion, the same as what Argentina did in 1982, same cannot be said about Argentina & the Falklands can it?, you can't just claim islands because they're closer to you then the origins of the people who inhabit such island, especially not when they themselves are a nation of Spanish colonials, the islands are 200 miles from Argentina, well outside there territorial waters, those island was colonised by British prior to Argentina birth so can we claim Argentina because its close to the Falklands under this logic??

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Britwarrior where we're u when the Vikings had their way with ur women...not so much warrior maybe....

Nick Diaz rules

I wasn't born obviously, similar in a way to how Argentina wasn't born when British settlers was colonising the Falklands islands, where did the vikings go? Alfred the great annihilated them, sam2 as maggy did with the Argentines huh,

Yeah nick diaz cool story bra

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Nice to see everyone in this thread (not everyone sorry) has decended into madness and ill advised mornoic statements!

lets clear things up, scotland will not be leaving theUK there are few comparitivley who are interested in that occuring for many reason that would infact be a thread within itself.

Second sorry Brit but there would be an enourmous impact to the UK if scotland left the UK however as mentioned this is for another thread...

now as for over the top statement from the other side of the water, first there is no way if scotland and england were to seprate the north sea oil reserves would be lost or gone, mainly because there are already contracts in place with BP, Shell etc. for said oil, this pruposed split would infact be peaceful unlike most split of countries in history and to that effect there will be no waring factions sending the already contracted oil companies home, they are protected by the EU (which scotland would not qualify to be a member of) and as such there would be no impact to the private trading and usage of oil in the north sea.

When talking about the US helping in the falklands war please... i cannot bare to hear another roughly we helped you win a war bucket of slop formed from a half understanding of the bigger picture and coupled with poorley written hitroy book information. (as seems to be the case when any war is mentioned on here
)

furthermore, this is quite straight forward this has nothing to do with imperialistic views, nothing to do with trying to hold on to somthing and nothing to do with what the UK feels...

The falkland Islanders wish to be British, have choosedn to stay British citezens and frequentley get asked if they want to be a British still....
Argentina have never in the last 200 years of occupation (by and country) had any control of the falkland islands (apart from a tiny terror campaign late 1800's)
The Citizens of the Falklands have specifically requested the aid and protection of the UK and as such will get it, i must go over this again as some mornons within this thread seem to missunderstand the reason all this is going on, the people who live there have requested it...

Just as a said note at this point, with the amount of god awful wars America have dragged us into recently that im sure you will now claim you werent all for
it would be nice to understand as the area of land is british and also have requested protection that we will do what we have to serve our citizens.

This whole scenario is over Oil, the difference is the Argentinians want absiolute control of the oil so turned down offers to search mine and use the oil that they were given, an offer the US happily took. this quite simply means the Argentinians dropped the ball and they are going for a hail mary type play to try and get morons like some of the posters on here and Venezuala to support an unjust attempt at a free country!!

but hey, we argue about fact or we can needlessly voice our backwards opinions its your call...

im being paid at work to be here anyway so im good!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
UK should NOT be allowed to reward itself with this imperially settled land for genocide upon the natives...

www.andaman.org...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join