Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Venezuela threatens Britain over Falklands as its president vows to side with Argentina

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by staticarium

That is ridiculous. Why would we nuke allies if Argentina invade? Britain will make light work of Venezuala and Argentina. No need to do anything else.

Remind me, what "allies" would they be? [Removed Off Topic Remarks]
edit on 2/6/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed Off Topic Remarks

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by staticarium

reply to post by staticarium

That is ridiculous. Why would we nuke allies if Argentina invade? Britain will make light work of Venezuala and Argentina. No need to do anything else.

Remind me, what "allies" would they be? No doubt it was you who reported my comment.

Chilie
Belize
USA
Canada

For sure and probably a few more South american countries of which I am not sure of.

[SNIP]
edit on 2/6/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed Off Topic Remarks

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Back on topic, now Venezuela has sided with Argentina and as the USA is an ally of the UK and doesn't particularly get on with Venezuela either. Like somebody has already suggested maybe now it is time they showed their support for their British counterparts and stated that if Venezuela get involved then the USA as part of its NATO obligations would aslo have to get involved.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Back on topic, now Venezuela has sided with Argentina and as the USA is an ally of the UK and doesn't particularly get on with Venezuela either. Like somebody has already suggested maybe now it is time they showed their support for their British counterparts and stated that if Venezuela get involved then the USA as part of its NATO obligations would aslo have to get involved.

The US has never been an ally of the UK whatsoever. Their people cannot stand us, and their government has stitched us up more times than a rag doll. Screw our so called "Allies"
edit on 6-2-2012 by Englandfirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Englandfirst

They shared their Nuclear Technology with us
They supplied us with materials and money during both world wars
We have fought hand in hand in Afghanistan, Iraq and Kosovo
They have defence outposts in Europe and the UK providing added protection to our borders

And finally I know first hand that the American people do not hate us, in fact it is usually quite the opposite. The American people are very welcoming when you visit them in their country and they love to talk about the UK and its people with great affection.
edit on 6-2-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/6/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Just wondering what the Americans' think of Mexico or Japan claiming Hawaii as their own and imposing rule? After all, Mexico and Japan seem to have the closest lands to Hawaii! I don't think land mass proximity matters in these issues, its about choice and historic rights (be they morally wrong or right). The islanders want to to keep it British - full stop. After 30 years of being humble and taking it on the chin Argentina have only just started to re-raise their claim based on new information about oil - it is all down to oil now, make no mistake. For once the British can take the moral high ground as our previous defenses of the islands have been based on islanders choice and historic rights. Now there is oil however, we will be like wild dogs with a bone - they have no chance. But lets hope it is all just political posturing.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm torn on this one. Part of me thinks it's the Falklanders right to remain British and we should oppose anyone who tries to take it by force. On the other hand it seems that their asserting their right to be 'British' while not wanting to come anywhere near us - at the expense of our soldier's lives - is beyond selfish.
I think we should do a deal with Argentina but building in some sort of protection for those who want to remain. Those who want to leave should be given free passage to the UK and a resettlement grant.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
I'm torn on this one. Part of me thinks it's the Falklanders right to remain British and we should oppose anyone who tries to take it by force. On the other hand it seems that their asserting their right to be 'British' while not wanting to come anywhere near us - at the expense of our soldier's lives - is beyond selfish.
I think we should do a deal with Argentina but building in some sort of protection for those who want to remain. Those who want to leave should be given free passage to the UK and a resettlement grant.

I'm pretty sure we offered Argentina a deal a few years ago, and they refused?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

really,Then why did CIA and american govt via irish americans provide weapons to the IRA:

www.youtube.com...
emptywheel.firedoglake.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

www.spectator.co.uk...

I guess UK must be very bamboozled or you are the biggest surrender monkeys in the world.If USA ordered you to surrender you would surrender for sure.

American corporations and govt helped build up nazi germany.

edit on 6-2-2012 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Firstly, the Falklands are UK territory, secondly, if they are invaded it doesn't merit a nuclear attack on Argentina or any other Latin American country.

The UK will handle it on their own, without the need for help from the US or whomever. If the Falklands comes under invasion, it is an act of war and the UK will retaliate.

I don't wish for war, i bloody hate all this war crap, but if those people are in danger and the land is occupied, the Argentinians will have to be removed...the UK Navy, Army and Air Force will make light work of it anyways.

Argentina wouldn't be stupid enough to provoke the UK, and the UK knows it...nothing will come of it

Thread closed...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Don't want to talk about Andhar Pradesh then? Or trouble in Gujarat?

Just wish to gloss over these?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

what I am saying is that blind american worship is danger for Britain.You people let the americans walk all over you and put your nation in jeopardy. If Britain was smart it would have reduced dependence on USA.

Andhras are not giving problems.Gujarat pogroms were Modi's crime if you want to petition Hague,I am all ears.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The UK and the USA has a mutally productive relationship, why would we want to reduce that?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What we basically have to accept is that every nation has issues - it seems to be part of the underside of the human condition. We all need our own bogeymen.

For Argentina, it seems to be Britain. For India, it seems to flick between Pakistan and Britain. For the entire Middle East, it seems to be America. And so on.

I am one of those people that thinks a fair one world government will be the only way for us all to pull together. However, i also like regional differences so don't know how practical it would be. Plus a nagging suspicion that even if it had totally altruistic goals, a one world government would end up just as corrupted as every other power base on the planet!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

where USA sponsors IRA terrorists and helps muslim fundamentalists to try turn UK into a sharia state

Its honeymoon for USA and rape for Britain.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

a boogeyman is not needed.Jobs are needed.moral value system is needed. Family system is needed.

Torsion physics /cold fusion can free the world from Petroleum and enable aquaponics solving the food problem.Corporations and banks are the problem.East india company was a high end corporatist manifestation. Rothschild family banking another demonic manifestation.

Accepting status quo is the issue . world's problems can be solved. a british inventor created a 100 mpg car and was killed . Thats status quo. With this mentality no problem can be solved.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

That is pure rubbish, the USA supplied Britain with intelligence on the IRA. In fact the very reason I haven't commented on your claims so far is that they are so beyond reality that it is not worth the bother.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
entire south america is standing up the british monarchy thugs who are provoking Argentina since many decades.It was time that the world community said enough and demanded that the british monarchy return the stolen islands to the democratic govt of Argentina.

Where I come from mate that's called a "load of bollocks".

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

US govt played both sides of the conflict.Stop being such a america firster and america worship.Look openly at facts.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution