It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela threatens Britain over Falklands as its president vows to side with Argentina

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Your mistaken, the deal with the French is that we mothball one of our carriers and between the one in service we have and the Charles De Gualle carrier we agree that only one is ever in port for maintenance. Effectivly sharing our resources. I say stick the French and suck up the cost of running two ourselves.

And we have already paid for the Joint Strike Fighter except it is having real problems with its carrier capability. I doubt the Carriers will be delayed, those days may be gone with Labour out of government.
edit on 7-2-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Michael, this time Argentina doesn't did anything new...
The problem came cause the MERCOSUR start to apply a law that ban all ships with fackland wings to stop in their ports.... Cause theyve got an issue with Argentina and all these countries will stand for Argentina....
There are a lot of new agryments between latin countries and they'll start to apply them.
and the think is that all latin countries start to apply all the new laws, Malvinas will become a rock in the middle of nowhere, the food its going to be tooooo expensive, no flys from the continent, etc... It's going to be toooo expensive for the UK the malvinas, and they dont want this...
So they bring here that ship, to fearmonger the others latin countries. They start saying that they will take down all bussiness agreements with Uruguay, Brasil, Paraguay, etc... But this doesnt work. So they send this ship...

All of you are realize that latin america is growing like never before????
Brazil now is bigger than the UK in economy... And Brazil have a lot of comerce with Argentina and our goverments are realy close friends...
Meanwhile USA and Europe are on their worst economical situation and this is only the beggining ...
I have more fear to Chavez than the UK.... true... I own a company who sell USA products (Energizer, HAwaiian Tropic, Banana Boat, playtex, etc...) so i dont want a comunist goverment....

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gabrielxxx

All the Falkland vessels have to do is lower their flag and raise the Union Jack. As for the economies of South America, some of them are growing quite well but growth is easy for an inmature economy as it is much easier to price developed nations out of production. What you should be looking for is even wealth distribution and a strong economy. Countries like Brazil and China sacrifice any comfort and wellbeing for its citizens for wealth for its nation and its rulers.
edit on 7-2-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKipling

My uncle is Comodoro Ureta, read about him

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

And why dont you ask in 1833 to commander Pinedo fi they want to stay at the island??
You ask to the ppl when you start to pay them to stay there... come on...

It's a pity you were not on the HSM invisible at that time...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

He flew a plane.. I was on mt longdon with an slr fighting a well dug in army.. Big difference pal

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

that's true Michael, the only thing they have to do is using the other flag...
but it's more complicated. For example. There's only one week fly to the islands from Chile. If they stop doing this flight the island will be a big problem to the UK
How? For example, there are no bananas at this time at Malvinas, and many others fruits... cause nothing grown on that rock...
All the food have to come from the continent or the UK... That's why UK wnats to start bulding an airport at Santa Helena, more than 2000 miles away from Malvinas....
The islands needs the continent to survive...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Nobody knows you mate... Here my uncle is the Comodoro of the air force... The ppl call him "the craziest" or "the man with stell balls"
HE was the man that shot to the invisible....
Who remember you?
nobody!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Why what happened to hms invincible? Ohhhh was that one of the fictional ships that were sunk along with Hermes and Canberra? You didn't even scratch the invincible so do me favour fella and stop reading those newspapers that faked everything..

And as for the anti British Americans reading this (I don't have a problem with the USA whatsoever and have good friends there), we heard of a quite a few American mercenaries caught by 3 para who duly took them behind the nearest rock and double tapped them.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Hms invincible didn't get a scratch. It wasn't hit by anything including your hero uncles 'hot air'...

I don't give a # who knows me, I was there to do a job MATE and we kicked your #ing arses out of OUR islands

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Your uncle is also filled with guilt about killing so many people. I have seen him in an interview.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

hahahaha!
My god...
Dude, my uncle with a prehistoric plane make your moderm army looks like david and golliat...
Stay in your little rock in the north and dont come back here again! Nobody wants brits here anymore! Only the kelpers who recibe tons of money from you...
hehehehe!
And if you were at malvinas you are to old to talk like this, Make sure dont pee your pants and go to bed

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

yeah, i told that some post ago, when someone ask to come here to drop nukes...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Our president Cristina its about to start a conference about the Malvinas...
Argentina will do the same that the first world countries do, it will make a comercial ban for the islands, no war...
Lets see what the UK do about this...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Too old to talk about this? I was 19 in 1982 hardly an old man. I saw braver 17 year old starving argie kids dug in with bones to chew on than your uncle MATE

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Hopefully tactically nuke wherever you are living right now...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A little video from the attack to the invencible!

www.youtube.com...

15/11/2011

The britain prince Andrew admited that the attack was true to the daily Telegraph...

You still think the argentinean media was the only one liyng?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Absolute bull#...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Grandpa, this is 2012!!!
You are old, weak.... and you try to play macho man? come on...
You go to fight a war against kids... real macho from your part!
If someone ask me to beat you I would said "no man, is not ok to hit someone old..."
What did you did when you realize that you were fighting against kids?
You sent the gurkas, mercenaries, to kill em all... then the army goes...
real macho ppl!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabrielxxx
The problem came cause the MERCOSUR start to apply a law that ban all ships with fackland wings to stop in their ports.... Cause theyve got an issue with Argentina and all these countries will stand for Argentina....
There are a lot of new agryments between latin countries and they'll start to apply them.

It's no problem matey. They fly the British flag instead and your good friends in Mercosur will let them sail right in. Also:

en.mercopress.com...

A report from the Uruguayan Coast Guard argues there is no legislation impeding Falklands/Malvinas flagged vessels from operating in the port of Montevideo.

The agreement is meaningless, I'm sorry if your government has lead you to believe otherwise. You may also be interested to know that Brazil has signed 2 defence contracts with BAE since then.

www.baesystems.com...

London, United Kingdom: The Brazilian Navy has signed a contract worth £133 million with BAE Systems for the supply of three Ocean Patrol Vessels and ancillary support services. The contract also contains a Manufacturing Licence to enable further vessels of the same class to be constructed in Brazil.

www.baesystems.com...

ARLINGTON, Virginia – BAE Systems, in partnership with the Brazilian Army are upgrading 150 M113 armored personnel carriers for Brazil through a foreign military sales contract worth $41.9 million.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join