It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profiled Blast from the sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Sometimes I stop by the solar dynamics observatory site ,and check out the sun, most of the times I don't see any strange sun behaviors, Now I don't have the science to really know what I see I can explain , but sometimes the human eye catches something that looks , let say interesting.

Profiled blast movie

As for this time I saw this eruption from the sun , I've never seen before, in all the times I drop by this SDO site.
For what I think ,I do know is that the sun enters another cycle and will be violent in nature, eject such massive solar beams at the earth , I would say wow.... and all the cold plasma that has being detected just outside our stratosphere,

Clouds of "cold plasma" reach from the top of Earth's atmosphere to at least a quarter the distance to the moon, according to new data from a cluster of European satellite

Giant Veil of "Cold Plasma" Discovered High Above Earth

And why do they try to find some relations from all these interactions between the Suns activity and cold plasma , for the disappearance of the atmosphere on mars?

It’s been an incredible week for space weather, thanks to a nasty sunspot that hurled a cloud of superheated gas and charged particles toward the Earth.

Nice opening phrase...

When you look at planets with thin atmospheres like Mars (which has just 1 percent the atmospheric pressure of Earth), scientists like André begin to wonder what role the “blood loss” of cold plasma plays in killing atmospheres

Blood loss and killing atmospheres... sounds funny, but I can't laugh

“There are all kinds of ways to get rid of a planet’s atmosphere—big asteroid impacts, loss of a dynamo, and so on,” André said. “Well, this is certainly one of them when you apply it over billions of years of time. I don’t know how important it is, but this is on my short list.”

Missing martian atmospere

phew... it only will happen over a period of billions of years. But does it happen now?
overall its seems that we live in a stirring time period with lots of contradicted science between scientists.

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Wow...that's an angry looking sun right there.

Is that from today? I don't see a date on the video.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

no its from the 27th of January .. but it was selected for the pick of the day on SDO , think its a very powerful beam I never have seen before....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Ok..thank you...so that's what it looked like. I remember that one. From what I hear/heard...the end of 2012 beginning 2013 is supposed to be worse than that. Of course NASA has now changed their collective mind on that and say all is well! Guess we shall see.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

It's the X flare that ocured at the end of January.

It's just viewed from side on as it erupted (from our perspective).

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Dont forget that it was only recently that we were able to get any images of the sun, let alone anyhting like these so it stands to reason we will see things.

Actually is there any reason to believe \ think this is not very common?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I don't want to give the impression that somethings wrong, But it seems like that its necessary to first announce a study between multiple factors , before the conclusion is made that it really has correlated with each other, I don't like that , why not first do the study and if their right put it in publicity , but then if its true they never get it publicized..

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I know its sideways ,but what we see is a powerful beam right? or just optical illusion ? It almost looks like the beam has some kind of vibrating pattern in it?
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
Dont forget that it was only recently that we were able to get any images of the sun, let alone anyhting like these so it stands to reason we will see things.

I know but I also think that the scientist at the SDO team also can't really declare what we are seeing right?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1

Originally posted by Malcher

I know but I also think that the scientist at the SDO team also can't really declare what we are seeing right?

Wasn't that the CME which did not seem to effect much on Earth? One way to look at this is if we saw a planet for the first time and after a year or two of looking at it there is a storm would we assume the storm is normal? Seems like that would be the case.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
As already has been said we know little about the sun, we have only been able to observe it in the manner we can now for a few years, and it will take hundreds, if not thousands of years of observations to determine what is normal and what is not. As technology increases so will our understanding, but we are at the beginning of our solar knowledge.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

But does it happen now?

Yes. The article you cite explains that scientists have found an indirect way of measuring it. Don't worry, it will take billions of Years for the Earth to lose its atmosphere. It is more massive than Mars and has a magnetosphere to slow the process.

overall its seems that we live in a stirring time period with lots of contradicted science between scientists.

I don't see where this conclusion comes from.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I mean that science often adjust their findings, not only on this part , but in general...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Something much bigger is needed to cause damage of the Earth's electric grid yet alone changes in the magnetisphere. Such flares besides auroras, unless at higher class, cannot do anything. Should we be sorry for that or not, I dont know.

top topics

join