It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advert claiming cure through prayer is banned

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
As the death cult of christianity continues its' downward spiral into obscurity in the UK, the voice of reason once more shouts out to help it on its' way.

The Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) has banned an advert by Healing on the Streets - Bath (HOTS) that claimed healing through prayer.

This is a very hard slap on the mouth that delusional christians pedaling superstitious nonsense to the desperate,ignorant and gullible rightly deserve.

The HOTS website stated "Our vision is to Promote Christian Healing as a daily life style for every believer, through demonstration, training and equipping. We are working in unity, from numerous churches outside the four walls of the building, In order to Heal the sick ".

It's good to see that in the UK the Advertising Standards Authority are not putting up with this BS from a bunch of weak minded snake oil salesmen and are going far to protect our children from smooth talking self righteous bigoted bible thumpers.

The ASA ruled that 'A video on the website made claims that HOTS volunteers had successfully prayed for healing for people with cancer, fibromyalgia, back pain, kidney pain, hip pain, cataracts, arthritis and paralysis. We noted the testimonials on the website and in the video but considered that testimonials were insufficient as evidence for claims of healing. We therefore concluded the ads were misleading'

In plain English the "ASA" is saying that the xtians cannot go about lying to the vulnerable in order to increase the dwindling ranks of the dying death cult, if the healing by the godman jesus/yawhe is real then provision of proof is required.

Coupling this ruling with the recent change in the educational legislation that nonsense like creationism is not to be taught in our schools this is a huge step forward in relegating christian prayer to the closet as prescribed by its' founder and taking us one step closer to ridding ourselves of the centuries old shackles of superstition once and for all.

HOTS - Bath have stated that they will appeal against the decision. Their defence is that 'All over the world as part of their normal Christian life, Christians believe in, pray for and experience God's healing

Indeed, but now they are required to provide proof of their woo woo claims, put up or shut up the conspiracy to enslave the minds of our children is coming to an end, and as the Egyptians would say Amen to that.

www.secularism.org.uk...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This is good, in my opinion. So many people rely on god to heal their physical issues.

Nothing irks me more than seeing benny hinn or the plethora of evangelical preachers laying hands on people and seeing them say "Oh my leg is healed, my knee is healed!! I can walk" as they hobble off in obvious pain. The mind is a powerful thing.

And where that mind lacks common sense, it can hold many lies told as truth, to make them feel as if god has touched them and healed them.

Nothing worse than hearing about children who have died due to idiot parents claiming they refuse medical care, and prayed... Should be locked up.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

And where that mind lacks common sense,

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

OH MY GOD - pun intended. THAT is Hilarious!!

Lmao twice!!! hahahaha

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Lmao twice!!! hahahaha

What I find interesting about this video is, if all the people in the clip were wearing a Slayer or Iron Maiden Tshirt etc and the clip was then shown to another group of xtians, the next group would likely as not see them as evil and if they still had social authority like in the good old days would likely as not put them to death for being witches and such.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The funny thing is that they will obviously complain about this decision..
Rather than pray for the decision to be reversed.

Talk about not having faith in your own product!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Originally posted by mainidh

Lmao twice!!! hahahaha

What I find interesting about this video is, if all the people in the clip were wearing a Slayer or Iron Maiden Tshirt etc and the clip was then shown to another group of xtians, the next group would likely as not see them as evil and if they still had social authority like in the good old days would likely as not put them to death for being witches and such.

To them, I guess, it all boils down to their interpretation of what they believe. Put that video to them, even with superimposed t-shirts, and tell them it is indeed a ritual people go by when listening to slayer (as opposed to a concert, which they would already disagree with) and I agree... and then nothing would sway their minds.

A zealot only needs the hint of evil in order to emotionally or physically subdue that which they see as evil.

I'm glad I live in a country that has very little extreme religion... apart from a few. Unlike where my family came from, Scotland, where church and all that was common unless you were a .. well a Me, to be honest.. lol

I wore an iron maiden t-shirt to church once as a small teenager. The priest would not even shake my hand as he walked the pews.

hypocrites.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
As the death cult of christianity continues its' downward spiral into obscurity in the UK, the voice of reason once more shouts out to help it on its' way.

Do you really need to be so deliberately smug and antagonistic? Christians annoy me as well at times, but this is pointlessly obnoxious. You don't accomplish anything using these sorts of terms, other than causing other people to think that atheists are jerks; which is misleading, because I eventually realised that not all of you are. It took a long time, however...primarily because so many of you seem to relish acting like this, when there is absolutely no need for it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Dont even bother with him, clearly he has made it his mission in life to hate and ridiclue Christians.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Do you really need to be so deliberately smug and antagonistic?

Well yes I do actually, indeed I have a rather a large axe to grind with these bastards trying to brainwash my kids into accepting their noxious delusion.

Christians annoy me as well at times, but this is pointlessly obnoxious

Dude, some of us are more than annoyed, some of us are downright outraged at the insidious attempts by these clearly deluded people to force their belief system upon the rest of us. If you only find it annoying well good for you, frankly I'd rather insecticide than a fly swat.

You don't accomplish anything using these sorts of terms, other than causing other people to think that atheists are jerks;

And who "exactly are the other people " who are not atheists? (not that I have given myself the label "atheist" in this thread.) the religious ? or the agnostics ?

which is misleading, because I eventually realized that not all of you are. It took a long time, however...primarily because so many of you seem to relish acting like this, when there is absolutely no need for it.

Dude either forgive me or quit moaning, acting like what exactly ? Angry ? Outraged ? well there is absolutely every need for it my sensitive friend,

Why are you getting so wound up anyway ? can't jesus fight his own battles ? Why does the impotent godman need you to defend his flock of sheeple all of a sudden you a closet xtian or just fearful of their juju?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlayeR87
reply to post by petrus4

Dont even bother with him, clearly he has made it his mission in life to hate and ridiclue Christians.

I don't hate xtians just what they do, by the way you should thank their god for the means and ability for me to do this, he/it obviously knows better than you

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I just rewatched Miracles for Sale, by Derren Brown over the weekend.

I personally recommend it to anyone who can find a place to view it online. It's really good, Like all of Derren's work, and it's very relevant.

~
This is a funny move. The Christians who appeal this, might be shooting themselves in their feet. Do they want the public to watch them get asked to prove their claims before putting them on TV, only to have to admit publicly that they can't do it? They'd be better off hiding it and be subtle about not putting it in the commercials. They're going to hurt their PR by having a public case where their claims are analyzed and proven false.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good thing this is only being done in the Nazi UK, this can only mean the England will soon start airing healing through Allah commercials soon, because to shut them up would be discrimination.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I just wasted 50 seconds watching this video,you owe me!
What was that noise on that video,I never heard anything
like that at any church I've gone to.I thought I was at a heavy
metal concert,now I have a headache.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I predict that in less than 50 years,the U.K. will be an islamic nation under
sharia law.Then you will wish the christians were back!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So much hate from this fellow.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
True story...
A couple of years ago,I was cooking dinner and I splashed hot
grease over my left forearm.I was in a lot of pain and I walked
over to my son to let him know I was burned.He placed his hand
on my arm and prayed.The pain immediately stopped and within
hours the redness had faded.
G-d healed my burn through prayer and our belief.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Praise the lord he is great.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I predict that in less than 50 years,the U.K. will be an islamic nation under
sharia law.Then you will wish the christians were back!

How many times do I have to say this M ? No chance, why ?

The great British breakfast Sausage , Bacon, Black pudding

Page 3

Essex and welsh slappers

Ye Olde Oak

Spam and Tulip

Larger

Anne Summers

pepperoni pizza

And of course Frankie Boyle -

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I dont get it? Is frankie an athiest? and are those athiest foods?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join