It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, there's something I want to thank you for.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
First, my background, as it is relevant to this topic. I left my former place of residence last September, and flew to north-central New South Wales. I am currently living in a subtropical rainforest, in a town that calls itself a sister of Woodstock; with a collection of people who are, for the most part, the most loving, compassionate, generous, sharing, generally positive group of people I've ever met.

I have an unfortunate tendency, however, to take these people, and this place for granted. Once you've been living here for a while, you start to forget that people being altruistic, loving, peaceful, life-affirming, and physically tactile is not normal, and that this is actually the opposite of how everyone else on the planet lives.

So I very much want to extend my thanks to the American people who I encounter online, because you serve to remind me of what is the truly normal, baseline state of this planet. That it is a place which, ordinarily, is saturated in hate, rage, profanity, greed, deception, war, and psychopathic degeneracy of every kind. That more than anything else, American society in particular, seems to consist primarily of individuals who would literally be prepared to die in the defense of the society which is as sick as I have mentioned, and at the same time, they are adamant that as the progenitors of said society, they are the defense and light of this planet.

My remembrance of this fact, serves me very well; not only to remind me of what I have to be grateful for, living in an offline situation which is so unusual, but it will also be of tremendous value to me, in the unfortunate event that I need to attempt to later rejoin mainstream human society.

So again, I sincerely thank you.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
your right, but we'll probably bomb you for saying stuff like that...
then send in armed troops and appoint a new leader

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Perhaps I may be misunderstanding..but yet another thread insulting americans? # off

best wishes from florida,in the good ol' USA

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

You already have your own leader here. Julia Gillard is Australia's answer to Hamid Karzai. Don't think we don't know about it...and we're not happy.
edit on 6-2-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

September, and flew to north-central New South Wales. I am currently living in a subtropical rainforest, in a town that calls itself a sister of Woodstock

Nimbin or Woodenbong?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I want to move where you are, how can i do that?

However in a bigger aspect as far as this subject. humans are not born evil, americans are not destined to destroy. we create the experience that we are living, we have created it. so instead of just saying how bad it is and how much we hate the higher powers, instead we(considering there seem to really be a lot that are aware of it) should join together in a positive way and seek to change it. thought creates. we just need to start a movement and then the people will see that the way we have been repeating obviously isnt working, and hopefully seek to join the movement as well. But we really need to start a positive movement with love instead of giving all of this negative energy towards what is happening.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by petrus4

September, and flew to north-central New South Wales. I am currently living in a subtropical rainforest, in a town that calls itself a sister of Woodstock

Nimbin or Woodenbong?

Nimbin.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

took the words right out of my mouth.

i had something brilliant to say but i think it would go against the t and c of this site.
there is one thing i did hear about Australia, isnt it where some country sent there criminals a long time ago?

edit on 6-2-2012 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by allareone
reply to post by petrus4

I want to move where you are, how can i do that?

However in a bigger aspect as far as this subject. humans are not born evil, americans are not destined to destroy. we create the experience that we are living, we have created it. so instead of just saying how bad it is and how much we hate the higher powers, instead we(considering there seem to really be a lot that are aware of it) should join together in a positive way and seek to change it. thought creates.

I've spent the last several days on this forum, trying to stimulate meaningful discussions about alternatives, at least in economic terms. Although some of the responses were positive, I also received a sufficient amount of smug, terse, self-congratulatory Friedmanite trolling that in the end, I really needed to use this subforum to let off some steam, lest I end up blowing a gasket.

I also need to remember where I am, however. ATS has traditionally leaned strongly towards the right. There aren't as many of them here as there used to be, thankfully; but there's still enough that it can become seriously painful, at times.
edit on 6-2-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

welcome to Australia.
The 5th most brainwashed country in the western world. Gotta be better then the 1st right?
Lol i still have faith in the american people though to sort they're government and problems out.
I guess you can all me an extreme optimist

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Anyones better than gillard, so go right ahead!!

Oh install craig fergusson if you can, he'd be perfect!

And he's yours now

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NISMOALTI

took the words right out of my mouth.

i had something brilliant to say but i think it would go against the t and c of this site.
there is one thing i did hear about Australia, isnt it where some country sent there criminals a long time ago?

edit on 6-2-2012 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

Yeah, and that's pretty much as old as your history of slavery.

Touche sir? I think so.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Love the post. But please do not leave out the British, we are equally just as guilty for the way we continue in the same vein as our american brothers.

So envious now of the kind of lifestyle that you say you are leading. I try and not let the outside world affect how i manage my life and the human beings whom i cross paths with, that said it can be very difficult to not be drawn into the old ways.

I think we should all up and move to Antarctica or somewhere similar and start a new society, kind of like the Americans did all that time ago to get away from the way the world was run.

The only part of your argument i have a problem with is that alot of the Americans are decent human beings,same as the British, however we do allow and try and advance the system which is wrong, i do not stand in defence of it though. Guy Fawkes was a hero too me, i do not understand why we celebrate him being caught. Would have been much better for the world if he had completed the job he started.

Sending you some love from good ole blighty, enjoy it whilst it lasts and never move from where you are,sounds like bliss.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo2
reply to post by petrus4

welcome to Australia.
The 5th most brainwashed country in the western world. Gotta be better then the 1st right?
Lol i still have faith in the american people though to sort they're government and problems out.
I guess you can all me an extreme optimist

I often hear the words "The American President, leader of the free world."

And I have to wonder, since he has no involvement in OUR affairs, at least unless we submit - as in any war effort - who the hell made that phrase valid?

I don't see the US President leading the UK, or the EU, or AUS, or indeed any of the free nations in this world.

It's all a bit arrogant if you ask me. Leader of the free world, in the least free country there is

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

reply to post by petrus4

Nimbin or Woodenbong?

Lol is there really a place called Woodenbong?

Woodensurprise me.

Know nimbin well, but never heard of the other one... classic if true!

edit >

Oh man

The name is derived from an Githabul Tribal Nation word meaning wood ducks on water.

That has to be the most ironic name I've ever heard for the region, and it's actually Aborigine.

Brillaint

edit on 6-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
My friend lives in one of these communities too... he's doing up a VW wagon! hahaha

He actually had to leave for a while and get some work in the "real world" so he could continue the lifestyle.. its not all its cracked up to be... and he's not a pot head so dont stereotype these peaceful people.

He loves it tho.. all the best to you guys, if only all communities helped each other as much as these modern day hippy communities, the world would be a better place.

BTW... Not ALL Australians are of criminal English stock. A lot of us had free settlers in our heritage...

I cant vouch for the guys and girls in parliament house tho..

edit on 6-2-2012 by PrecogPsychicSensitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

reply to post by petrus4

Nimbin or Woodenbong?

Nimbin.

Cool. As we all know there is one Nimbin for the tourists and another Nimbin for the locals. The one for the locals is nothing like the stereotypical image doing the rounds in the capital cities from my experience.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

reply to post by petrus4

Nimbin or Woodenbong?

Lol is there really a place called Woodenbong?

Woodensurprise me.

Know nimbin well, but never heard of the other one... classic if true!

edit >

Oh man

The name is derived from an Githabul Tribal Nation word meaning wood ducks on water.

That has to be the most ironic name I've ever heard for the region, and it's actually Aborigine.

Brillaint

edit on 6-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

I have also been to the Bong Bong races (horses) just out of Moss Vale www.bongbongprc.com.au...

new topics

top topics

join