It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonalds Stops Using Pink Slime Chemical In Burgers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Not that i eat McDonalds anymore than once a year but this is sickening the amount of chemicals we are being exposed to in our foods

The International Business Times lists some other questionable chemicals showing up in our foods

Propylene glycol: This chemical is very similar to ethylene glycol, a dangerous anti-freeze. This less-toxic cousin prevents products from becoming too solid. Some ice creams have this ingredient; otherwise you'd be eating ice.

And then theres this little gem

The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent in meats, which allows McDonald's to use otherwise "inedible meat."

Just glad i have my vege garden and have stopped eating all processed meats

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I wonder if that means that their meat will rot now?! I challenge anyone who reads this post to try and let a Micky D's regular burger grow mold or rot. It won't. It just becomes a solid piece of #!

link   
reply to post by Bilder

A good first step I would say. Now if they can stop using the pink slime ammonia treated machine rendered chicken in their nuggets, all might be well at mcdonalds.

ETA Updated video appears they have changed their ways. But maybe only in places other than the US...

edit on 6/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

link   
Yeah, I read about this on ATS a few days ago. Will it be enough to make me want to start eating at Mcdonald's? No way. They are a gross place to eat. The food tastes like cardboard to me.

I suspect that if more people could see just how the food is made for fast food joints, they might not be so popular.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I vaguely remember this being posted a month or so ago.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
what do you expect from a meal thats prepared in less than 40 seconds. but it doesn't make it less tasty.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I have to admit i dont mind the occassional KFC but its rare,as for every other fast food outlet i wouldnt trust their products as far as i could throw them,i have been eating fresh and healthy food fulltime for the last 12 months and have to admit it has made a huge difference to how i feel and my endurance has deffinately improved

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Yeah ive seen Jamie Oliver make nuggets and i have never eaten them again,recently there was a women in england that has lived on nuggets for years and has been hospitalised

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Nothing beats a double quarter pounder... it's like meat glued together with cheese, and pickles and sauce added.

Not saying it's healthy, but the walk to McDonalds is likely to provide you with more toxic chemicals and poisons from the air you breathe alone, than a big dumping of congealed meat.

It's funny when people read the chemical nature of things we take on a daily basis. suddenly it's "Zoinks, dar gimme chemicalz!!!!!11"

Kinda like when the police rabble on about illegal clandestine labs using drain cleaner and stuff... the very same things the chemists use to make your panadol to make your hangover go away. lol

No lye about it!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I think the real question is why do people eat at these massive chain establishments that are known to cut every possible corner regardless of ethics and in many cases safety when finding local eateries that believe in cooking with unmolested fresh food is relatively easy?

You couldn't pay me to eat at one of these chain places when I can get a fresh burger any way I want with wonderful freshly made fries or onion rings and a menu that boggles the mind all for a better value and it all taste amazing.

It's sad how advertising can influence so many when better options are all around you and you support your community by being a patron at the local eateries. The only difference is I wait about 5 minutes while I watch my food get cooked in an open kitchen right before my eyes that you can feel the pride they take in. Perhaps 10 minutes if it's busy, good food is worth the wait.

edit on 6-2-2012 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
I think the real question is why do people eat at these massive chain establishments that are known to cut every possible corner regardless of ethics and in many cases safety when finding local eateries that believe in cooking with unmolested fresh food is relatively easy?

You couldn't pay me to eat at one of these chain places when I can get a fresh burger any way I want with wonderful freshly made fries or onion rings and a menu that boggles the mind all for a better value and it all taste amazing.

It's sad how advertising can influence so many when better options are all around you and you support your community by being a patron at the local eateries. The only difference is I wait about 5 minutes while I watch my food get cooked in an open kitchen right before my eyes that you can feel the pride they take in. Perhaps 10 minutes if it's busy, good food is worth the wait.

edit on 6-2-2012 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

Exactly mate you have hit the nail squarely on the head,why go to a huge chain store for an inferior product when there are so many better alternatives around,the small eateries definately take pride in making fine food and everything is fresh not pre-cooked and frozen months ago

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I dont think i really matters what they do to their food it will never be good for you. mmmm big mac lol

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Such a violation of trust. It does not matter who says they are not using it any more. As consumers, just do not go there any more. That is my plan. My family never ate there consistently, but is was great some times just to get a hamburger and a shake, when you were out and about and did not have time to make it home for a real dinner.

To think that for all these years, these companies were putting this crap in our food, and we were left in the dark about it is such a violation of trust, not only will I never shop at any of the firms that used this crap, but I want the heads of every top job in the FDA as well. Who the f*%^ do they think they are allowing such garbage in our food, and the thoughts of our kids eating the hamburger and meatloaf in their school lunches... What else is the FDA allowing that we do not know about......

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

And then theres this little gem

The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent in meats, which allows McDonald's to use otherwise "inedible meat."

Just glad i have my vege garden and have stopped eating all processed meats

Rather misleading.
My stove makes pans hot which allows me to serve otherwise inedible eggs.
My oven makes things hot which allows me to serve otherwise inedible pork and chicken.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Lets see they kept this secret how many decades?

Why would anyone beleive them or trust them now

I say boycott mcd and run their stock into the ground

A shameful company who was ok with feeding this to billions of people

When will people wake up

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LErickson

my condoms let me have sex where i'd otherwise get aids

yeah so i dont agree, i love pink!! UMMSLIMMMEE

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Nothing beats a double quarter pounder...

Too much of those and you'll start looking like that avatar of yours...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
i to love a double quarter meal and this is not going to dissuade me from earing micky ds but i also love andy's double cheeseburkers and love watching them take round quarter pound lumps of ground beef and flatten it out and cook it right in front of me

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Bumping this old thread, since there is a lurking problem still present. Vendors like McDonalds and BurgerKing have said they have stopped ordering meat mixed with the Pink Slime, and they really have no choice now anyway since the Pink Slime industry is out of business.

What bothers me is they did not say they had stopped serving it. They are such big corporations, that they probably had millions of dollars worth of stock already purchased, and in warehouses. They did not say they were going to throw this out, so as far as I am concerned, they are still serving it until the stock is depleted.

I would really like to know how long to wait, since I have boycotted these places since I found out about this. Perhaps the one way to tell is when the price goes up across the board for burgers. They were really making tons of money doping up the meat with this crap, so once they start purchasing the real thing.... they will most likely cover the increase in expense by passing it on to the consumer, (the same consumer they were poisoning).

Then again, it was such a violation of trust in quality food, perhaps I, or my family will never eat at either one of these places again. Time to think about that.
edit on 12-4-2012 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

new topics

top topics

join