It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Russia’s UN veto, US talks of “coalition of the willing” against Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Of course. War is all the nutjobs in Washington DC can think about.

I mean going there to ``spread freedom`` will probably also start a war with Iran since Iran and Syria have a mutual defense pact.

After Russia’s UN veto, US talks of “coalition of the willing” against Syria

The veto by Russia and China of a United Nations Security Council resolution will not halt ongoing preparations for Western-backed intervention against Syria. The discussion on the resolution was a political manoeuvre from the outset, designed either to force Moscow and Beijing into agreeing to a UN cover for a Libya-style operation against the regime of President Bashar al-Assad, or justify a predetermined alternative route to regime-change.

The US and France now appear set to proceed outside of the UN, forming a new version of the “coalition of the willing” that pursued the 2003 war against Iraq—with the Arab League and Turkey providing political cover.

“Faced with a neutered Security Council, we have to redouble our efforts outside of the UN with those allies and partners who support the Syrian people’s right to have a better future,” Clinton stated.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said France would work with its European and Arab partners to create what he called a “group of friends of the Syrian people.”

With Arab League foreign ministers slated to meet in Cairo next Saturday, Egyptian Foreign Minister Mohamed Kamel Amr called for a solution in Syria “within an Arab context.”

According to the sources in the elite, they want to take out Syria before Iran. So they have to do it quick since they want to hit Iran before the election.

Maybe that pesky Russia will slow down their plan...we'll see.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
what about a group of friends for the palestinians. they have been under a foreign military occupation for over 40 years.

the one people in the middle east who truly need freedom and democracy are being thrown under the bus by these "group of friends."

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Raise your hand if you didn't see that one coming. Anyone? Anyone? Buler? Anyone?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

TextMaybe that pesky Russia will slow down their plan...we'll see.

I think Russia is doing and will do all it can to be a thorn in the side of the United States.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It is quite interesting that the number and scale of protests in Russia have exploded over the past month. RT News is reporting that the US may be helping fund protest leaders. It makes a lot of sense if the social unrest keeps Russia from countering US led wars in Syria and Iran. Without Russia, China is more likely to back down as well.

I do not usually take all of the doom and gloom stuff very seriously; but, so many volatile elements are coming together at one time. The only direction that I can see this heading, is the most horrific global war ever witnessed. I have a feeling that Einstein's statement--of not knowing about WW3, but stating that WW4 will be fought with sticks and stones--is quite accurate. Interesting times that we live in.
edit on 6-2-2012 by supertrot because: (no reason given)
edit on 6-2-2012 by supertrot because: CUZ

edit on 6-2-2012 by supertrot because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

top topics

join