It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan to support Iranian retaliation if Iran is attacked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think now we REALLY entered world war 3 scenario. (if this is for real which I doubt)

Israel is about to attack Iran. Pakistan now is threatening to help Iran attack Israel. China is allied with Pakistan. The US is allied with Israel.

This means world war 3 if it goes live.

'Israeli attack will prompt Pakistani response'

Is the world counting down to "D-Day"? After US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta estimated that Israel would attack Iran by June, and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned government officials against "Iran chatter," A European diplomat based in Pakistan said that if Israel attacks, Islamabad will have no choice but to support any Iranian retaliation.

The diplomat's statement raised the specter of putting a nuclear-armed Pakistan at odds with Israel, which is widely believed to have its own significant nuclear arsenal.

As reminder, Pakistan got about 110 nukes and the capability to deliver them against Israel.

This ain't gonna end well. (if this ain't some made up war propaganda by Israeli MSM, which it probably is)

NO WAR!!!!!!!!!!! Please?
edit on 6-2-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
this defenitely doesn't sound good.

hopefully these are all empty threats and or everyone is actually too afraid to do anything.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yep,pretty wicked eh....seems like russia is with china too...an old iron maiden tune"run for the hills"

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So a European diplomat is credited with saying this? Now this means it's certain it will happen?

A diplomat...........from Europe......says he thinks Pakistan will retaliate? Iran didn't say it. Pakistan didn't say it. Israel didn't say it.

Geez, maybe he was just giving an opinion....we all have them. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Never really through about Pakistan’s place in this...

Why would they even risk entering the fray?

If they hit Israel, India would be then forced to hit them back via the US.

Hmm... I wonder which theatre of war id be sent to... or you for that matter.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Bah, I think it's more useless rhetoric and propaganda. And twisting of words by the media to make one man's opinion look like that's what would happen, and immediately implying Pakistan would use nukes? He just said Pakistan would probably support Iranian retaliation. He didn't say Pakistan would use nukes. He didn't say Pakistan would respond militarily at all.

:shk:

Bad bad bad ynet.

Blah. I'm done. Sorry Vitch, but no.
edit on Mon Feb 6th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Bah, I think it's more useless rhetoric and propaganda. And twisting of words by the media to make one man's opinion look like that's what would happen, and immediately implying Pakistan would use nukes? He just said Pakistan would probably support Iranian retaliation. He didn't Pakistan would use nukes. He didn't say Pakistan would respond militarily at all.

Blah. I'm done. Sorry Vitch, but no.

My point exactly...he is a diplomat! Not a leader.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

thank you,i feel much better now...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JizzyMcButter

It's political posturing. No one is really afraid to do anything, it's just a matter if they will or will not do it. They are always looking at the bottom line, and if the bottom line ='s better political standing, things progress.

In any case, it's all just rhetoric right now.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I'm just saying Pakistan got nukes. I'm not saying they will nuke Israel... if they retaliate in the first place by using weapons against Israel.

Pakistan's retaliation might be that they will say they disagree with the war on Iran at the UN.

And until we have the name of that ``diplomat`` I think this report is just pure propaganda by the Israeli medias. The guy might be an ambassador and was told this by a craze Pakistani general, who knows.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Oh for christs sakes, just get it over with then
After a few nukes drop on some major cities globally, the UN will grow some damn teeth and not give a rats arse about any of this...will just go all uber-world military and finally stop this whole nuke thing wherever it is, with support of every nation on earth whom coincidentally took up arms and slaughtered the politicians for letting it go this far.

Tired of this saber rattling crap. lets get some nukes exploding and killing a few hundred million people...then we will see how the population reacts globally when some upstart (or even well established nation) even mentions enriching uranium.

Perhaps we need to break some stuff before the world changes for a peaceful future...I simply can't imagine the world going on like this. I don't even blame the leaders..they are just drunk with power and propaganda..I blame the apathetic people whom believe its a good idea to have nation destroyer weapons at the hands of their own military

and yes, I am talking about the USA along with Pakistan, Israel, Iran, etc...every citizen should be damn near up in arms at nukes in their own country. Perhaps some demonstrations as to what nukes do may cause some good. get about 5000 youtube videos of people showing firsthand what has happened may get a actual movement going..

sorry..but grumpy about this subject. Well, time to watch some kitten videos.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I'm just saying Pakistan got nukes. I'm not saying they will nuke Israel... if they retaliate in the first place by using weapons against Israel.

Pakistan's retaliation might be that they will say they disagree with the war on Iran at the UN.

Your thread title implies you have info that Pakistan will retaliate w nukes.

Just a confusing thread title in light of the actual story you linked, and your above comments.

But other than that, I love your posts here on ATS.

(ETA: just saw you removed the "with 110 nukes" part of your title. Good move)

edit on 6-2-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

There, I edited the title and made it clearer, hope it helps.

And thanks.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
isn't Pakistan already not happy with the USA over the whole Osama thing?

and I mean come on..... Iran's friends have nukes who's to say that Iran doesn't already have nuclear weapons within their borders?

gao.gov...

DOE, NRC, and State are not able to fully account for U.S. nuclear material overseas that is subject to nuclear cooperation agreement terms because the agreements do not stipulate systematic reporting of such information, and there is no U.S. policy to pursue or obtain such information. U.S. nuclear cooperation agreements generally require that partners report inventory information upon request, however, DOE and NRC have not systematically sought such data. DOE and NRC do not have a comprehensive, detailed, current inventory of U.S. nuclear material--including weapon-usable material such as highly enriched uranium (HEU) and separated plutonium--overseas that includes the country, facility, and quantity of material.

Yet the TSA is gonna touch your children before they get on airplanes!!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It's quite a "Coincidence" the US had a minor falling out with Pakistan recently,

i keep thinking this is all Fear control and propaganda, though as the days progress, it seems less and less likely,

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Check out the Iranian Republic News Agency website. They just had an article on there today about the vice president of Iran arriving in Islamabad today in leu of Ahmadinijads arrival next week and the strengthening of toes between the 2 countries.

They have had several other stories on there concerning Iranian/Pakistani ties in the face pf Israeli and American threats. You can say it is warmongering but the fact is that Iran is gearing up for conflict. I find it best to get my news straight from the horses mouth so to speak. If you will follow the Iranian news agencies articles you will find that there is a lot of truth to the possibility of a major Mideast conflict brewing.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

so hypothetically if Pakistan were to launch would that no over fly India? or at least make the Indians think they are being nuked themselves and potently have India launch at Pakistan... or at least potently lead to war with India?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

dont the Pakistanis have a bunch of troops in Saudi Arabia?or at least pretty friendly ties to the Saudis?and arent iran and Saudi Arabia different branches of Islam(sunniVsShia?)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

A European diplomat based in Pakistan said that if Israel attacks, Islamabad will have no choice but to support any Iranian retaliation.

Who the **** is this European diplomat? We have no idea who he is. Are you guys gonna take the word of a mystery nobody?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983

A European diplomat based in Pakistan said that if Israel attacks, Islamabad will have no choice but to support any Iranian retaliation.

Who the **** is this European diplomat? We have no idea who he is. Are you guys gonna take the word of a mystery nobody?

He(?) will not speak publicly.

A European diplomat based in Pakistan, permitted to speak only under condition of anonymity, said that if Israel attacks, Islamabad will have no choice but to support any Iranian retaliation. That raises the specter of putting a nuclear-armed Pakistan at odds with Israel, widely believed to have its own significant nuclear arsenal.

This is where journalist integrity is supposed to come in so you know you are getting accurate information. If there is such a thing.
edit on 6-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join