It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Economic War against America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
China's Economic War - Stealing Jobs and Technology From America

Charles R. Smith
Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2004

According to GM China, the similarities between its Spark minicar and Chinese Chery Automobile Corp.'s QQ model are more than just mere coincidence. In fact, if you examine the automobiles, they are virtually identical.

Link to story
www.newsmax.com...

made in china stolen from America

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It's not war. It's the American invented predatory form of capitalism, and they're beating them at their own game.

EDIT: btw, where abouts are you from?

[edit on 15-9-2004 by kegs]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I agree with kegs, alls fair really. However, I do think it rather humurous that china wants to enter the WTO. They bootleg music, videos, and this car design theft has been known and going on for a long while, plus they have drastically protectionist monetary policies and even protectionist economic policies in general, so I don't see how they can possibly be part of the WTO. I mean, I know its not quite communist anymore, but still, a communist country in the world trade organization? Yeesh.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
YESSSSS and who are the biggest proponent of Chinese 'investments'???

none other than the bush family.
View this site and be enlighten:
www.usccc.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
It's not war. It's the American invented predatory form of capitalism, and they're beating them at their own game.
[edit on 15-9-2004 by kegs]

Turn about is totaly fair play IMHO. What happens when China becomes dependant on imported grain to feed its people? Im not trying to make a threat, but China's agriculture is on the verge of collapse due to decreasing water supply. Where are they going to get it all thier grain? From the US of course where we pay farmers not to grow it.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Lol see that i dont understnad.why does the Us government pay farmers not to grow grain? or to grow or nto to grow beef,etc?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Turn about is totaly fair play IMHO. What happens when China becomes dependant on imported grain to feed its people? Im not trying to make a threat, but China's agriculture is on the verge of collapse due to decreasing water supply. Where are they going to get it all thier grain? From the US of course where we pay farmers not to grow it.

Without going in to the fact that US subsidizes their grain farmers and claims it's to offset overproduction but in reality it's to give the US an unfair advantage when it comes to trade (your tax money keep grain prices artificially low on the world market so your grain farmers can compete). But don't kid yourself - the USA isn't the world's only large grain producer - there's plenty of other countries for China to get grain from. Brazil exports more grain to China than the US does. As an example Canada produced 22 million tons of wheat, the US produced 33 million tons of wheat in 2000 - the US was 2nd in production and export in 99-00.

Here's some info on the China grain trade:
Every 1% of grain consumption in china equals 2% of worldwide trade in grain. And China will become a net importer of grain soon according to analists. In a study from 1995, the USDA projected that China's grain self sufficiency will decrease from 95% to 91% by 2005 but the numbers over the past 8 years have been lower than these projections. Although there has been (and will continue to be) a longterm growth trend in China's food imports, China Daily says this is nothing to be alarmed about, and China is not a nation facing a food crisis. China Business Weekly also echoes these sentiments.

But back to the original poster: it's true. China does not have the same copyright and patent laws as the rest of the world; and they haven't signed a number of international treaties in resepct to these. China is a massive producer and proliferator of pirated software and copied product designs. Although recently, a few years after after China joined the WTO, and in efforts to increase foreign investment, China has begun to crack down on some areas of copyright infringement. Although that's going to be a difficult thing to do in a nation where people don't understand or value the concept of private property...

I know from my work in the IT industry, you don't factor China into the equation when you make a chinese version of a software product. You consider Singapore, Taiwan, etc. Hopefully that will change eventually, but it will be a long process considering China is still a pseudo Communist country.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
make china reliant upon imported cheap US grain. Maybe they will think three times before starting anything other than copying other countries work and passing it off as their own.

top topics

join