It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Search Feature...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does ATS need a better search function?

This is version 1.0 of the ASK ATS engine. Future improvements will include forum-specific searches, the ability to refine your searches based on the date a topic was authored, the date of a topic's last reply, number of flags, number of replies, and even specific members who replied to a topic.

Here is a screen capture of searching for every single word in an article's title... with zero results showing, although the topic had been posted.

(Ignore the top post, it was what I posted after trying the infallible search page.)

For the amount of "Use the Search!" comments on here, you would think that it might work a little better...

Here's to hoping for v2.0...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I used 2 words to find the article. The name of the man involved. Hope i helps.

ETA I only really knew as I had seen the original post go by several hours ago and read and responded (?) to it. Sometimes using a news article title is not enough, it all depends how people titled their article too but they are often quite easy to find in my limited experience. Nothing personal.

edit on 5/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 5/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added screenshot

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
why? People dont use the search button as it is

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

I used 2 words to find the article. The name of the man involved. Hope i helps.

ETA I only really knew as I had seen the original post go by several hours ago and read and responded (?) to it. Sometimes using a news article title is not enough, it all depends how people titled their article too but they are often quite easy to find in my limited experience. Nothing personal.

Stop raining on my rant parade >.<

I'm in an antsy mood and need to take it out on the search bar.

(Star for your Occam's razor of search ability though, lol. I should have added his last name.)
edit on 5-2-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Sorry!
Imma make like a tree and go fossilise, k?

ETA S n F for yer trouble. Deal?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This has been posted before.

I'd suggest you use the Search function in future!

Lol, I had to.

I've tried to use it a few times, but it either gives me pages upon pages of non related results OR nothing.

It might have changed recently, but most forum search engines are not too good at best. Especially when the contributing posters do not provide reasonably accurate thread descriptions!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
ats search is very unforgiving ive found. you mispell something and you get punished with no results.

new topics

top topics

join