It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My free energy idea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I figured this would be better placed here if not Mods move. So here's my brainstorm.

OK I was reading a thread the day other and had a brainstorm, well actually a couple that could be linked together to achieve free energy. for us and space. So I'm going to throw myself on here as I rarely do lol.

As we all know we get bombarded everyday from radiation particles from the sun right? And could we some how build a device that could collect and store the radiation and energy from our sun?

Then I started to think, as we evolve technologically, could we build a spaceship that could absorb the radiation from space that is there naturally, and convert it to usable energy? this would in theory be a way around the energy problem for space travel, we can only go so far on the fuel we use now.

I was watching a show about space and what it does to the bones after a period in space , and they know that the lack of gravity causes bone density loss. So to add to my other thoughts. this one will be harder to explain so bare with me.

Around the ship would be three rings, each ring held to the ship by rotating magnets as the rings spin they would create a electrical field and form gravity. We could also use the electric from the charges for backup systems in case of failure.

I cant link to anything regarding this but would like to hear from people who know more on this than me, and with the tech we have today could it be possible?

edit on 5-2-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You have been talking to bulla haven't you.

Just kidding.
Interesting theory,I will look into it.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
So.......?
A solar panel and batteries?

There have been quite a few proposed designs for 'light' powered/accelerated (which takes a long time) space-craft. They employ massive sails.

Edit. Electrical field to create gravity? I thought that's a result of mass? How does spinning a magnet around create extra mass? Although it could act as a form of radiation shielding for the craft, but not gravity.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Which of the radiations from the sun? As it stands we currently do capture radiation in photo-voltaic cells to produce electricity. Do you mean radioactive particles, or waves or something else? Each of those would require different methods of capture.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Free from the ionasmear...we don't have to pay for it,but they make us do

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I have never heard of an electrical field producing gravity, but if it does then cool (someone confirm please?).

As for the radiation idea, the idea is sound, we can get energy from the radiation(I think) , the problem is in converting that energy to propulsion. On a similar note cold fusion (or even fission) could give us the most energy for a given mass, but again the problem remains on how to change that to propulsion.

We need a new breakthrough in converting energy to movement (specially in space), rocket engines are so last century.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Then I started to think, as we evolve technologically, could we build a spaceship that could absorb the radiation from space that is there naturally, and convert it to usable energy?

Something like this?
www-istp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

I know their experiment failed (great ufo footage came as a result
) but i'm sure they are working on similar ideas. It would be logical to have some kind of self generating power supply for outer-space, though for now, i think the only proven failsafe energy source is using energy from the sun in the form of solar panels.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I too first thought of solar panels, but in reality, photoreceptors utilize the wave-particle duality of light and therefore capture photons instead of wave-structures like other forms of energy. So to me it seems as if some other type of device would have to be used. I am sure there is something out there that has been made for capturing energy in waveforms, I just cannot think of any off the top of my head. Not a bad idea, but it seems so elementary that I cannot believe it hasn't been thought of yet. Not to detract from your idea, its just that things tend to get invented rapidly nowadays, lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

I was thinking if the spinning rings could create g-force would it be strong enough to create gravity? I don't know a lot about this kinda stuff, is way I'm asking ATS

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

Around the ship would be three rings, each ring held to the ship by rotating magnets as the rings spin they would create a electrical field and form gravity.

Electrical fields cannot "create gravity". Also, what made you decide on three rings? Lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Sounds like your describing the EM shielding around "The looking glass".

Also the process your describing is what pyramids do. The Bosnian Pyramid research proves that

Bosnian Pyramids - Exotic Energy Generation - ICBP 2011

I also think Nikola Tesla worked on a kinda Rod Infra Red solar generator tower that had 75% efficiency at night too.

Interesting Idea
edit on 5-2-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: adding more info

edit on 5-2-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: Image embedding

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Omac9

Around the ship would be three rings, each ring held to the ship by rotating magnets as the rings spin they would create a electrical field and form gravity.

Electrical fields cannot "create gravity". Also, what made you decide on three rings? Lol.

Yes, yes, I know it's wiki, but still.

A similar effect to gravity has been created through diamagnetism. It requires magnets with extremely powerful magnetic fields. Such devices have been made that were able to levitate at most a small mouse[11] and thus produced a 1 g field to cancel the Earth's; yet it required a magnet and system that weighed thousands of kilograms, was kept superconductive with expensive cryogenics, and required 6 megawatts of power.

Source

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Basically you've described solar panels and the new US solar glider spy plane. I'm going to give you an "A" for effort.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Omac9

good question...I just imagined three rings... first turns clock wise, the other counter clockwise, and the clockwise.. the thing with ideas and no Illustrations is what sucks...I'm not that talented lol I'm truing to stimulate your imagination... If the gravity could be solved, would this theory work?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The farther you travel from a streaming source of photons (like any sun) the less power you can generate to drive any thing like engines, let alone life support. Thats why man's exploration of even the outer solar system needs specialized power sources like Radioactive Batteries carried along to provide simple "life support" of systems (heaters) and power for instruments and two way communications. Exploring our outer solar system is expensive, time consuming and dangerous to the experiment packages. Never mind people.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

A similar effect to gravity has been created through diamagnetism.

Similar!=Same

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If this could be fact..I'd do it for free

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

A similar effect to gravity has been created through diamagnetism. It requires magnets with extremely powerful magnetic fields. Such devices have been made that were able to levitate at most a small mouse[11] and thus produced a 1 g field to cancel the Earth's; yet it required a magnet and system that weighed thousands of kilograms, was kept superconductive with expensive cryogenics, and required 6 megawatts of power.

Source

Just to add, diamagnetism is used on Earth to recreate the effects of microgravity (meaning to negate the effect of our planets gravity). Diamagnetism does not "create" gravity.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Omac9

Well, the article did state similar. How else would you propose it, without traveling in a craft heavy enough to produce its own gravity similar to planets? Think in solutions, not in problems.

ETA Fair enough. It's a shame we can't all be astro-phycisits or rocket scientists I guess.

edit on 5/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Omac9

Well, the article did state similar. How else would you propose it, without traveling in a craft heavy enough to produce its own gravity similar to planets? Think in solutions, not in problems.

If you read the article it's talking about recreating microgravity here on earth to grow crystals, not creating gravity.

The term micro-g environment (also µg, often referred to by the term microgravity) is more or less a synonym of weightlessness and zero-G, but indicates that g-forces are not quite zero, just very small.

Additionally, it’s hard to propose solutions when the OP doesn't have a grasp on the fundamental laws of physics.
It's just a bunch of "wouldn't it be great if..." statements.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Omac9 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join