It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The global economic situation: A simple analogy

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
While the state and fate of the global economy is clear when you look at the facts. Some people will not accept the reality of it until it is affecting them directly, and by then it may be too late.

I have a simple analogy that I would like to share, to help explain our situation:

We have totalled a car way beyond its value, and are sitting in the burning wreckage waiting for it to explode when we could easily get out and start using a safe electric car (new financial system).

Simple right? But it sums it up perfectly.





edit on 5-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I liken the global economy to the sinking of the titanic. Many parallels can be drawn from this such as those who were on board mistakenly believing the ship wouldn’t sink to the dynamics of the ship as it sunk. On the second point for example, as the bow of the ship submerged into the water, the stern lifted out of the water. Without seeing the ship from a helicopter viewpoint, it could be said the stern bow was sinking while the stern was being buoyed. Reality was the entire ship was in the process of sinking. Bit like the global economy see? Many developed countries are like the bow of the ship – sinking. Many emerging economies are like the stern of the ship – being buoyed. But the entire world economy is gonna sink!

But fear not! Here comes Tugga Tugga the Tugboat (the new global economy) to the rescue! Tugga Tugga has offloaded all excess baggage (debt) and drowned all the corrupt pirates (bankers).



posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Maybe everyone should invest a few bucks in some chickens.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
I liken the global economy to the sinking of the titanic. Many parallels can be drawn from this such as those who were on board mistakenly believing the ship wouldn’t sink to the dynamics of the ship as it sunk. On the second point for example, as the bow of the ship submerged into the water, the stern lifted out of the water. Without seeing the ship from a helicopter viewpoint, it could be said the stern bow was sinking while the stern was being buoyed. Reality was the entire ship was in the process of sinking. Bit like the global economy see? Many developed countries are like the bow of the ship – sinking. Many emerging economies are like the stern of the ship – being buoyed. But the entire world economy is gonna sink!

But fear not! Here comes Tugga Tugga the Tugboat (the new global economy) to the rescue! Tugga Tugga has offloaded all excess baggage (debt) and drowned all the corrupt pirates (bankers).


at least the band is still playing and drinks are still being served!



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
I liken the global economy to the sinking of the titanic. Many parallels can be drawn from this such as those who were on board mistakenly believing the ship wouldn’t sink to the dynamics of the ship as it sunk. On the second point for example, as the bow of the ship submerged into the water, the stern lifted out of the water. Without seeing the ship from a helicopter viewpoint, it could be said the stern bow was sinking while the stern was being buoyed. Reality was the entire ship was in the process of sinking. Bit like the global economy see? Many developed countries are like the bow of the ship – sinking. Many emerging economies are like the stern of the ship – being buoyed. But the entire world economy is gonna sink!

But fear not! Here comes Tugga Tugga the Tugboat (the new global economy) to the rescue! Tugga Tugga has offloaded all excess baggage (debt) and drowned all the corrupt pirates (bankers).


Yeah, except the captain (bankers) won’t be going down with the ship.. And in my scenario the bankers were the guys who cut off the car and caused it to crash before quickly driving off into the sunset hahaha.

One of the best parallels I think with the Titanic is the fact that the ship sinks slowly until the end point where it goes down in a matter of seconds.
I expect economic demise to be like that; a sudden exponential rate of decline.

I don’t remember there being pirates in titanic



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
Yeah, except the captain (bankers) won’t be going down with the ship.. And in my scenario the bankers were the guys who cut off the car and caused it to crash before quickly driving off into the sunset hahaha.

One of the best parallels I think with the Titanic is the fact that the ship sinks slowly until the end point where it goes down in a matter of seconds.
I expect economic demise to be like that; a sudden exponential rate of decline.

I don’t remember there being pirates in titanic



Yes, there is a waterfall event coming (to use yet another metaphor) where the ability of global debt to settle the balance of trade between countries fails rapidly and the currency (that has been printed in response to the debt crisis) flows faster and faster as people shun holding currency in favor of holding real things instead. The best thing is to exit as much as possible this global financial monetary system now and hold real things of value while your dollars still have their current purchasing power.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCommentator
While the state and fate of the global economy is clear when you look at the facts. Some people will not accept the reality of it until it is affecting them directly, and by then it may be too late.

I have a simple analogy that I would like to share, to help explain our situation:

We have totalled a car way beyond its value, and are sitting in the burning wreckage waiting for it to explode when we could easily get out and start using a safe electric car (new financial system).

Simple right? But it sums it up perfectly.


I often add to that by saying the Car is on a railway track and there's no train coming towards us right away, but the people don't want to get out and push it off the tracks before a train hits us.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's just that too much risk was taken with untried economic policies fueled by greed. It's going to happen again in a hundred years or so, it's nothing new.



posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCommentator
 


The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Maybe I'm just too tired to think, but I'm not getting how changing the economic system is going to fix anything. Do you think that the people who are hoarding all the money are going to give it back? Do you think that the people owed money are going to just write off the debts? Do you think that those who got themselves into financial trouble are just going to get a free pass on their overspending?

It does not matter what financial system we use, because that is not the problem. The problem is that those at the top of the financial pyramid have taken all the free assets out of the system, and they are not going to just give it back, then continue to want yearly increases in profits. Since these are the same people who have enough money to influence the governments of the world, they will make sure that they come out as either equal or better off under any new system.

If there is only 10 bucks in the system, and someone is holding 9 of it, that only leaves 1 buck in circulation. When that same person who is holding the 90% of the assets wants to make more money, someone needs to turn on the printing presses to make some. Every time they turn on those presses the value of the remaining money decreases in value. Ultimately, those doing the hoarding are decreasing the value of their own hoarded money, but of course they are so blinded by greed they don't care about that. Their solution is to take EVEN MORE from the system to make up for it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join