It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia May Boost Nuclear Potential - Deputy Defense Minister

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Exactly. Pooty is butt hurt.

He wants Russia to be a force to reckon , which it is ; however , Russia and China will be simply annihilated with a containment strategy and a mass coordinated precise missile strikes (No Nukes) that will disable both countries.

They wont have a Choice but to launch Nukes. Which will be utterly obliterated and rendered useless. People forget the 500 Billion dollars you know about (dont forget the black budget which is more than the official budget) isnt going to just maintain the military. MOST of that money goes to upgrades and research.

Everything Russia and China has , we have 10 fold simply because we take up ... 30% or 40% of the entire worlds defense budget.
edit on 6-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

The thing people tend to forget when they discuss how much is spent on the military is that all the US contracters overcharge and the chinese make things many many times cheaper so if you think about it I'd guess that china's military spending on weapons is probably the same, meaning the amount of weapons bought is prob similair.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I would accept that US military is more advanced and powerful than Russia and China combined, but it ends there. US also has some advanced research in military and weapons sciences but currently there is no 1945 Atomic Bomb type leap in weapons technology.

However, don't push Russia and now China together to the extreme. They will go to war with US-NATO once their strategic calculations convince them to. Both of these nations know what west is doing in Middle East and what would be the result of this or that.

It will all start with a proxy battle between Shia vrs Sunni Arabs and R+C vrs US+NATO in Syria and Iran which can turn into all out hot war i.e. WWIII. All for what reason? So Sad that the value of humanity has come down so much.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

I would accept that US military is more advanced and powerful than Russia and China combined, but it ends there. US also has some advanced research in military and weapons sciences but currently there is no 1945 Atomic Bomb type leap in weapons technology.

However, don't push Russia and now China together to the extreme. They will go to war with US-NATO once their strategic calculations convince them to. Both of these nations know what west is doing in Middle East and what would be the result of this or that.

It will all start with a proxy battle between Shia vrs Sunni Arabs and R+C vrs US+NATO in Syria and Iran which can turn into all out hot war i.e. WWIII. All for what reason? So Sad that the value of humanity has come down so much.

VIC....the last thing the U.S. wants is a War with Iran....it would be a Blood Bath on the seas and the Air. Israel has been strictly forbidden to launch ANY attack on Iran as Israel does not have the ability....other than to blow up the Iranian Nuclear Sites which would Poison the Whole Middle East.

The U.S. hpes the Iranian Leadership does not want to go out in a blaze of Glory but the CIA, NSA and DIA have all ben working hard in communication with the Iranian Pro-Democracy Movement as well as sending secret messages to the Iranian Naval Leaders and Iranian Airforce as well as the Iranian Army...the only way a WAR starts is if Iran tries to block the Strait or worse Iran declares...true or not...that it has Nuclear Weapons...in either of these cases...ther U.S. would have to go in...WITHOUT ISRAEL.

Unfortunately even though I have said repeatedly that the USAF has developed very powerful Non-Nuclear EMP's of which one can be carried in the internal bay of a F-22 and 18 to 27 larger ones can be carried by a single B-2....this would render an Iranian Land counter attack innert. But I would hate to be an 18 year old Iranian Sailor on some rickety Iranian Naval Ship or an Iranian Airforce Pilot as the Fifth Fleet would have to destroy the entirty of the Iranian Navy and Airforce....the EMP devices would keep our thousands of Special Forces and Airborne Rangers safe as they would seize all Iranian Nuclear Facilities.

Most likely NOTHING will happen unless the Iranian Religious Leadership has gone insane and suicidal.
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The logistics involved with even the idea of open warfare are infinitely complicated. China is not going to war any time soon because of $ issues tied together with the US. Russia is only protecting it's military, industrial, and economical interests in regards to Iran, and Iran and the US ... well, it's far more than just oil and nukes.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
The U.S. hpes the Iranian Leadership does not want to go out in a blaze of Glory ...

This is exactly what is wanted, actually. For reasons far beyond matter involved with the USS Enterprise, nuclear, or whatever else was mentioned prior. It all boils down to global economy matters whether people figure it out or not. Some people are finding reasons not to pay.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions

The U.S. hpes the Iranian Leadership does not want to go out in a blaze of Glory ...

This is exactly what is wanted, actually. For reasons far beyond matter involved with the USS Enterprise, nuclear, or whatever else was mentioned prior. It all boils down to global economy matters whether people figure it out or not. Some people are finding reasons not to pay.

You are wrong. If the current Iranian Regime were deeply entrenched and were not in the vicarious state they are currently in...that being having a current calculated life span of 12 to 18 months before Pro-Democracy Iranian Forces remove the Old Guard....then I might agree with you.

But since Iran is very close to a complete regime change...there is no way the U.S. wants a WAR right now.
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

reply to post by concernedcitizen519

About time Russia spends another $5B to add 1000 Topol-Ms to its arsenal. Each Topol with 10 warheads would mean Russia can target 10,000 locations. 1000 nuclear multi warhead Topols alone can therefore destroy a whole continent, let alone a country of any size.

Yeah because they were so successful last time they engaged in an arms race with the USA....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions

You are wrong. If the current Iranian Regime were deeply entrenched and were not in the vicarious state they are currently in...that being having a current calculated life span of 12 to 18 months before Pro-Democracy Iranian Forces remove the Old Guard....then I might agree with you.

But since Iran is very close to a complete regime change...there is no way the U.S. wants a WAR right now.
Split Infinity

Regime change is very possible in the near future, however I'm afraid that someone much worse than Ahmadinejad will be their next President. It's pretty nuts how most people agree that he's the moderate in Iran pushing for peace, imagine who will replace him. In the long run it doesn't really matter though, whatever the Ayatollah says goes so let's just pray that he wants to maintain the peace for as long as possible. Also, even the pro-democracy people in Iran will continue to pursue nuclear energy as they now feel it's part of their national pride so anyone who thinks that Iran is going to give up on that front is just plain ignorant or still dreaming.

Anyways, that's just Iran, what a crazy world we live in these days.
edit on 9-2-2012 by concernedcitizen519 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

If Nuclear Energy was monitered and regulated as Iran has promised it would be when they signed the NPT...then there would be no problems. Iran could develop and have Nuclear Power and as long as they abide by the treaty...there would be no problem.

The Problem is they are not abiding by the Treaty and building thousands of Centrifuges...as this has only one purpose...to enrich Uranium to build a Nuclear Bomb. National pride can keep it's Nuclear Reactors and produce energy....building a Bomb...well thats another thing.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Yeah but even if they did have a bomb, which they probably already do, it doesn't mean they're going to use it. If they have it it's for the deterrent factor so America or Israel won't invade or strike, that's it. They'd never launch a nuclear first strike because they'd be wiped off the map faster than you could look up, and they certainly don't want to die. Iran hasn't openly attacked anyone in the last 100 years to my recollection, I think too many people are buying into the propaganda. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519

Yeah but even if they did have a bomb, which they probably already do, it doesn't mean they're going to use it. If they have it it's for the deterrent factor so America or Israel won't invade or strike, that's it. They'd never launch a nuclear first strike because they'd be wiped off the map faster than you could look up, and they certainly don't want to die. Iran hasn't openly attacked anyone in the last 100 years to my recollection, I think too many people are buying into the propaganda. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

First of all...even if they have a Nuclear Bomb which any Kid that goes to MIT could design in a matter of seconds and the Kids would be a Thermonuclear Version not some archaic TRUCK sized A-Bomb. There in lies the problem. Iranian Religious Leaderhip ARE just crazy enough to put something like that TRUCK BOMB together and sell it to Islamic Jihad or Hamas or whatever. The damn thing will probably only have a 5 to 9 Kiloton Yield....but someone could drive the thing somewhere we don't want them to.

This is made even more problematic as the Old Guard KNOWS it has 12 to 18 months of life left in it so the possibility of them Making a STATEMENT becomes an issue also. The U.S. has plans to ocupy each and every Nuclear Iranian site as well as plans to render useless the Iranian Ground threat without loss of life...as the U.S. knows that Iran wants Democracy...unfortunately...thousands of Iranian Sailors and Airmen would die as the Fifth Fleet would have to destroy their capabilities. This does not need to happen if Iran just lets inspectors in or if they stop their Nuclear Weapons program. It is up to Iran...the U.S. has New Highly Advanced Weapons that can stop an Army Cold without Killing Anyone...but as far as Iranian Naval Ships and Subs as well as Airforce...there is a plan of direct communication in case either one of the Old Guard Religious Leaders or the other little nut job president...actually tries to close the Strait or Declare publicly they have Nuclear Weapons...NUKES are NOT a deterent against the United States Military. We are just a few years from making Nuclear Weapons OBSOLETE...and Russia and China both KNOW THIS. This is one of the reasons they have both dropped support for Iran in the case Iran starts a war. The disparity of weaponry between the U.S. and any other country is SO GREAT...that the U.S. had to actually TELL both Russia and China so as neither country would miscalculate and back Iran or North Korea...and if you notice...you don't here much about Taiwan being Reunified with the Mainland anymore. Google Free Electron Laser....all U.S. Carriers as well as Ageis Class Cruisers will have Nuclear Powered ones installed and there are already two land based...one in Alaska...one in Canada...and an UNKNOWN QUANTITY AT SEA. This weapon will make Nuclear Weapons a thing of the past.
Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Well whatever the case it's certainly a stepping stone to a bigger picture, and that picture is Russian.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Well whatever the case it's certainly a stepping stone to a bigger picture, and that picture is Russian.

Please explain your point here as I know for a fact that both Russia and China backed of the Iran Issue after the U.S. promised that the U.S. would make sure in a post U.S./Iranian war scenario that we would garantee Russia would recieve it's Natural Gas demands as well as China would continue to recieve Iranian Oil shipments...all proceeds would go into an account for Iranian Development post war....which would last about a DAY...if all went to plan. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustXeno

Originally posted by milkyway12

Exactly. Pooty is butt hurt.

He wants Russia to be a force to reckon , which it is ; however , Russia and China will be simply annihilated with a containment strategy and a mass coordinated precise missile strikes (No Nukes) that will disable both countries.

They wont have a Choice but to launch Nukes. Which will be utterly obliterated and rendered useless. People forget the 500 Billion dollars you know about (dont forget the black budget which is more than the official budget) isnt going to just maintain the military. MOST of that money goes to upgrades and research.

Everything Russia and China has , we have 10 fold simply because we take up ... 30% or 40% of the entire worlds defense budget.
edit on 6-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

The thing people tend to forget when they discuss how much is spent on the military is that all the US contracters overcharge and the chinese make things many many times cheaper so if you think about it I'd guess that china's military spending on weapons is probably the same, meaning the amount of weapons bought is prob similair.

That and the fact that the US spends a lot of money maintaining mercinary forces and paying off regional warlords in their target countries. This subversion tactic doesn't come cheap. Only a fool would think that most of the American defence budget goes into true national defence and armament costs.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Russia is the largest exporter of natural gas and second largest producer of natural gas so like what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Please explain your point here as I know for a fact that both Russia and China backed of the Iran Issue after the U.S. promised that the U.S. would make sure in a post U.S./Iranian war scenario that we would garantee Russia would recieve it's Natural Gas demands as well as China would continue to recieve Iranian Oil shipments...all proceeds would go into an account for Iranian Development post war....which would last about a DAY...if all went to plan. Split Infinity

Make no mistake, Russia won't let America invade Iran. Aerial strikes or covert operations? Okay, but ground troops fighting and then establishing an American or Israeli base basically right next door to Russia? I'm not so certain of that these days, they (Russia) see that they're being circled and the last thing they want is another U.S. base at their doorstep which could potentially be another nuclear first strike spot.
edit on 10-2-2012 by concernedcitizen519 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'm not sure if you were aiming the fool comment at me or not, but I guess you weren't as I do realise these are only the figures that get released to us mere mortals and the Black budget, some of which used to destabilise Sovereign Governments is probably many times the amount posted.

My post was in response to the we spend more money so we have more guns and better technology posts
edit on 10/2/2012 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

This encirclement concept was made into an issue by Putin Himself. Most of the Countries that he declares are being made into U.S. Puppets are former Soviet Union Slave states that HATE RUSSIA WITH A PASSION! The Russians who were the primary Controlling State in the Old Soviet Union...pissed off alot of people...so much so that when the CCCP broke up...2/3rds of all former Soviet Nuclear Weapons were based in these countries who REFUSED TO GIVE BACK THE NUKES TO RUSSIA!

So who had to step in at RUSSIAS REQUEST? The U.S. as these countries would not allow Russians to go into their countries and refused to allow to give back these Nukes...but they did allow AMERICANS to come into their countries to disassemble and destroy these weapons and this was agreed upon by Russia as a better alternative to having all these countries with Nuclear Weapons.

So this concept of the U.S. purposely encircling Russia has alot more to do with Former Soviet satelitte countries being pissed off at Russia and doing everything and anything the can to join NATO even faste than NATO wants them to join...than any concerted effort by the the U.S. or NATO to get these countries to join.

POLAND as example...and I know many Poles who remember only too well what life was like under Communist Control....are still SO PISSED OFF that even when the U.S. decided that technology had out paced the need for permanent ABM Missle sites in Poland and scraped the program....which was to be used as a Joint ABM protection site with Russian advisors and tie in's to Russian Radar systems in the event of a Roage Middle Eastern ICBM launch...when the U.S. scrapped the program....the Poles were Pissed off that they did not get the chance to STICK IT to the Russians as the Poles did not want the scraping of the program to be seen as a concession to PUTIN. After the demonstration of the newly modified SM-3 Missle that blew up a Satellite as this SAT had a tank of Hydrazine...a deadly fuel...that if this failing SAT hit a populated area...could kill some people...so it was a good way to test the new SM-3 Missle by not only hitting a satellite traveling at 15,000mph in orbit but also destroy the Hydrazine tank verified by telescopes around the world.
This satisfied the Poles that the U.S. had done by agreeing with the Russians not to build an ABM site fixed on the ground in Poland...more so than if they had...because now the U.S. had shown Poland that it didn't need Russian help with Radar and tracking or be constrained by any co-operated ABM systems...because thats what the Modified SM-3 had become...an ABM Missle capable of striking an ICBM in Orbit and have the flexibility to be deployed at sea...a much safer mobile aspect than a fixed site. The Russians had the opertunity to participate but after so much BITCHING...mostly by Putin and Company....Russia had screwed itself out of being a part of the most highly mobile and advanced IBM system of low price tag in the world. They could have been a partner...which Poland hated...and in the end...the Poles got the last laugh! Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

so you mean to say there are not going to be any ABM sites in Poland and Czech republic? So why did Medvedev come up on TV and gave a speech regarding putting Iskanders in Kalalingrad and even walking out of SALT-III treaty. Why are Russians so scared of the ABM program? Probably because it can kill their ICBMs in the booster phase before they catch speed or other missile tricks set in.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

so you mean to say there are not going to be any ABM sites in Poland and Czech republic? So why did Medvedev come up on TV and gave a speech regarding putting Iskanders in Kalalingrad and even walking out of SALT-III treaty. Why are Russians so scared of the ABM program? Probably because it can kill their ICBMs in the booster phase before they catch speed or other missile tricks set in.

The reason the Russians as so pissed off is they basicaly Screwed Themselves. If they had become full participants in the proposed ABM system that was to be originally ground based...they would have benifited in a System that within a period of a few months after final agreements had been signed....quantum technical leaps allowed what was to be a moderate and limited to a point AMB Missle system to develop into a Highly Advanced Mobile as well as inexpensive system that Russia would have benifited from.

The SM-3 Missle was modified by changing it's solid fuel with another vastly more powerful as well as long burning solid fuel of greater density that could fit into the SM-3 as to achieve the same results only a short while previous required a much larger and more complex Missle. Now this Missle can achieve orbit target aquisition in half the time and with a much greater range. If I was the Guy who convinced Putin to not be a part of this system...I would probably be working in Siberia. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join