It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl Halftime Conspiracy!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Originally posted by Malcher

There was no baphomet, unless you really take some liberties with the design.

That is your opinion. There was plenty of symbolism in that show! And for you to say that this symbolism is only seen in a "drug addicted mind" is nothing but ad hominem. Perhaps if you'd read up on secret societies, the symbolism they've used throughout history, and the history of the Babylonian mystery schools, you'd have a better perspective, instead of saying people who are interested in these subjects are dug addicts.

Baphomet seems to only be a name given to a ram idol worshipped in a form of occultism. It is most likely the product of a couple words. 'Mahomet= mahommed'. The name Baphomet is exclusive to inquisitors of the Templars, though it was used by Aliester Crowley once; he's a fake satanist if you ask me.

The ram is real, but Baphomet is not it's name.

Just curious... How could you say Crowley was a fake satanist? He wasn't a Satanist as we know them today. First of all, Satanism has many different faces much like any other religion or spiritual practice. The church of satan (or "Laveyist's if you will) don't even believe that satan or God exist as real entities and claim that they just worship satan as a symbol of freedom and rebellion. Than you have theistic satanists that DO believe these entities exist, the temple of set, etc etc.

Crowley never claimed to be a "satanist". He was however, a practicing magickian, brilliant in terms of his knowledge of the occult (including the Qabbalah which you seem to have brushed off as nothing more than hebrew mysticism without considering it's darker side which includes the Qlippoth and the infernal tree of life, and an entire catalog of demons,etc. Also, ritual magick the world over holds the Qabbalah sacred. The two are virtually inseparable. Qabbalism is taught in Freemasonry, The Golden Dawn, the OTO, just to name a few. It is literally inseparable from most forms of western ritual magick).

It's also widely known that Crowley practiced black magick and was very instrumental in both the production of and practice of the Goetia (considered by many ritual magickians to be low magick due to it's literal purpose of summoning demons). So to call him a "fake satanist" is kind of silly.

Should also note that Crowley had nothing to do with Baphomet. Eliphas Levi had written extensively about baphomet long before crowley and the iconic image which everyone is familiar with was originally published in one of his books: wikipedia link on levi
edit on 7-2-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Yes I did use there term "Satanist" rather ambiguously. I denote the term as a general term for anyone who worships Satan, or anyone of his names; he known in history by many diff. depictions and names but in my belief they are all who I would call Satan.

Mr. Crowley did make a reference to Baphomet:

I had taken the name Baphomet as my motto in the O.T.O. For six years and more I had tried to discover the proper way to spell this name.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know alot about him but he rubs me as a fraud, not intentionally but just out of ignorance and to proclaim that you are the beast is contrary to the origin and roots of his kabbalistic studies, which are that of the self and self-deification. Just a big publicity stunt for him. Have you ever seen the movie the Ninth Gate? There are frauds and genuine everywhere, and the genuine are very very rare.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I strongly believe that Baphomet means a symbol of knowledge and understanding, i.e. Sophia as the Dead Sea Scroll researcher confirmed

I believe the Templars coded their Gnostism and quest for knowledge into that ugly beast/pagan motif so scare away those who can't handle it

satan is a smokescreen for lucifer and real meaning of the baphomet

seems to have worked as you get many who are in denial of the symbolism of that Super Bowl..and you also get the programmed religious folks who see satan in everything

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
not to beat a dead horse but check out this guy's full review of the show

worldtruth.tv...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Yes I did use there term "Satanist" rather ambiguously. I denote the term as a general term for anyone who worships Satan, or anyone of his names; he known in history by many diff. depictions and names but in my belief they are all who I would call Satan.

Mr. Crowley did make a reference to Baphomet:

I had taken the name Baphomet as my motto in the O.T.O. For six years and more I had tried to discover the proper way to spell this name.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know alot about him but he rubs me as a fraud, not intentionally but just out of ignorance and to proclaim that you are the beast is contrary to the origin and roots of his kabbalistic studies, which are that of the self and self-deification. Just a big publicity stunt for him. Have you ever seen the movie the Ninth Gate? There are frauds and genuine everywhere, and the genuine are very very rare.

One thing I will agree with you on is that he was a bit of a fraud in the sense that he wasn't a very honest man. He did certainly seem to enjoy the publicity that came along with his antics. However, he had a tendency throughout his life to pursue spiritual and occult knowledge of ALL forms. He was a practicing Buddhist for awhile, a Christian for a brief time in his youth, a yogi for awhile, etc etc. The entire time (in his adult life) continuing to practice ritual magick.

I would agree with your assessment of him being a "satanist" in the broader term as I share your stated beliefs being a Christian myself. But it's important to be clear and objective about this sort of thing when presenting the truth to people who may not have read much about the occult.

Unfortunately, Christians have a bad habit of crying satan at every one of life's unfortunate events and this has a tendency to alienate or even scare away secular parties (or people of other faiths) to the truth of what is really going on.

In my view, it's important to care because even if you are an atheist or a Muslim or practice Judaism or Hinduism or WHATEVER, The people peddling this stuff are practicing occultists and they are feeding the masses occult imagery by the millions live on national TV. It should be of great concern to anyone, regardless of their spiritual beliefs when someone tries to pull one over you and gets a kick out of it when you don't even realize you're watching it. It's almost become a fad now, and one must ask why it is so if you really care about the world you live in (I'm not saying you specifically, but rather people in general).

What irritates me the most is that they call the uninitiated "the profane". Meaning they consider themselves more enlightened, entitled, and worthy than the rest of humanity because of this knowledge. They really do get a kick out of putting this stuff out there and watching the masses blindly eat it up.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Madonna is performing at the Superbowl 46.
Entertainment for the masses but to the trained eye blatant occultism right in your living room

Sheesh, welcome to "Madonna inc."

For most of her life, Madonna has popularized trends from niche groups and brought them to the popular culture. You are probably putting a lot more thought into the Egyptian and occult symbolism she uses than she actually did. I'm pretty sure she puts owls, athena, crucifixes and a hundred other things in a hat, and her stage manager pulls 10 things at random. SOMEONE is bound to find a connection.

There is really nothing to this, just the "feel" of something mystical and deep, without the actual content of something mystical and deep.

I like Madonna's music by the way, but using "Vogue" as the opening bit was off key even for the superbowl, and should really be a giveaway as to how serious her worship of Athena might be.

Think about that again; she opened with VOGUE.

If she hasn't offended the Catholic church with this ritual, she definitely has Horus turning over in his sarcophagus.
edit on 7-2-2012 by VitriolAndAngst because: grammar error

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
reply to post by CaptainNemo

Madonna is performing at the Superbowl 46.
Entertainment for the masses but to the trained eye blatant occultism right in your living room

Sheesh, welcome to "Madonna inc."

For most of her life, Madonna has popularized trends from niche groups and brought them to the popular culture. You are probably putting a lot more thought into the Egyptian and occult symbolism she uses than she actually did. I'm pretty sure she puts owls, athena, crucifixes and a hundred other things in a hat, and her stage manager pulls 10 things at random. SOMEONE is bound to find a connection.

There is really nothing to this, just the "feel" of something mystical and deep, without the actual content of something mystical and deep.

I like Madonna's music by the way, but using "Vogue" as the opening bit was off key even for the superbowl, and should really be a giveaway as to how serious her worship of Athena might be.

Think about that again; she opened with VOGUE.

If she hasn't offended the Catholic church with this ritual, she definitely has Horus turning over in his sarcophagus.
edit on 7-2-2012 by VitriolAndAngst because: grammar error

In one sentence you claim there's nothing to it and in the next you suggest we should think about the fact she opened with vogue. Either there's something to the symbolism and the intent or there isn't.

I'd suggest that if what you're claiming is true, there is still an underlying theme being pushed on the masses, the meaning of which is completely lost on 90% of them. Why is that?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
not to beat a dead horse but check out this guy's full review of the show

worldtruth.tv...

Well, at least now I have something creative to write a screenplay with -- which is SECRETLY the real reason why I come here; to find really creative stuff that people believe, so I can toss it in a movie.

Then people will watch the movie, and trace over cryptic symbols and cry; "I knew it!" Yeah, sure -- why do you think that occult movies have all this junk in them? Because it's a feedback loop! People post conspiracies on the web and cynical, screenplay writers and choreographers who are taxed with a demand by Madonna to "wow me" then find these gems and regurgitate it onto a dance number.

From that link you have I learned this;

Letter “M” all over the place which is the “13″ letter of the alphabet and is also represent the “13 Satanic Bloodlines” and also stands for “Mason” as a Freemason.

My name has an "M" right at the beginning. So now I know my parents were up to something. My dad was also part of a Masonic club for a few years. Coincidence? Yes. Matt Groenig put's the letter "M" in the hair of Homer Simpson. His symbolic message? It's just his initials -- you an also find a "G" on Homer's head.

>> I've concluded this stuff is totally random because Madonna's head-dress had horns that DID NOT curve outwards, and her hand gestures are like Satan's but those hand gestures are also used by various other religious characters. Heck, the "Priestess" uses the same gesture on the Tarot cards.

If her horns correctly curved outwards, that would also NOT MEAN ANYTHING, because she might have ripped off the same occult websites.

Madonna has finally settled on Kaballah, but she hopped around a new philosophy every 6 months her entire life. She is now over 50, and I figured that she would just settle on one by then merely because of a lack of energy.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

No, I was claiming there was NOTHING TO THIS, because Vogue was the opening piece. The message is that there IS NO MESSAGE.

She opens with a reference to a video she made about "Voguing" -- which was started by Gay men in New York dance clubs as they posed as photos in a fashion magazine like "Vogue."

There isn't much more shallow you can get, even if you tried.

Watching a Madonna video is a lot like watching a cloud. You can find shapes in there, but it's entirely about YOU finding meaning in empty vapors. Madonna MIGHT be putting some mystical references in -- but it's a hodge podge because she has always dabbled and thrown in random mystical things here entire life. The rest is down to some designer making sketches with cats and owls and then someone goes; "Oh, this looks cool."

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

No, I was claiming there was NOTHING TO THIS, because Vogue was the opening piece. The message is that there IS NO MESSAGE.

She opens with a reference to a video she made about "Voguing" -- which was started by Gay men in New York dance clubs as they posed as photos in a fashion magazine like "Vogue."

Watching a Madonna video is a lot like watching a cloud. You can find shapes in there, but it's entirely about YOU finding meaning in empty vapors. Madonna MIGHT be putting some mystical references in -- but it's a hodge podge because she has always dabbled and thrown in random mystical things here entire life. The rest is down to some designer making sketches with cats and owls and then someone goes; "Oh, this looks cool."

I have to applaud you for being a soldier for common sense.

Good lord, how did this ridiculousness get to 38 pages of people believing and seeing something that isn't there?

If this was about aliens or ghosts, most replies would be about seeking psychological help and the thread would've died within 4 pages.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

I have to applaud you for being a soldier for common sense.

Good lord, how did this ridiculousness get to 38 pages of people believing and seeing something that isn't there?

If this was about aliens or ghosts, most replies would be about seeking psychological help and the thread would've died within 4 pages.

Something that isn't there? So the pyramids with rays of light coming out of them weren't there, the egyptian/roman/greek motif wasn't there, the egyptian winged disc wasn't there, and the giant eye wasn't there? Funny... I could have sworn people have already posted screen shots of all of this?

Yes. We must need psychological help. Thank heavens we have someone of your superior logic to herd us back into the realm of reason.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I saw it live, I've seen it since, looked at images and as I and others including VitriolAndAngst have said, whatever symbols you're all seeing are things you all look out for and report on every day anyway like you have nothing better to do than trawl through tv shows just to go "AHA! I see one, there it is, Illuminati thought they could get one over on me did they?"

Oh and thanks for the compliment about me having a superior intellect than yourself, appreciate it. I'll take it as my birthday gift from you (and no doubt you'll find "Illuminati symbolism" in the fact I was born in February, on the 7th and in the year 1984)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I saw it live, I've seen it since, looked at images and as I and others including VitriolAndAngst have said, whatever symbols you're all seeing are things you all look out for and report on every day anyway like you have nothing better to do than trawl through tv shows just to go "AHA! I see one, there it is, Illuminati thought they could get one over on me did they?"

Oh and thanks for the compliment about me having a superior intellect than yourself, appreciate it. I'll take it as my birthday gift from you (and no doubt you'll find "Illuminati symbolism" in the fact I was born in February, on the 7th and in the year 1984)

Yes of course. That's precisely what I was going to do

Meanwhile, I wish you luck as you continue to ridicule others for pointing out the obvious and insult myself and others on this forum by accusing us of being mentally ill because you can't see things that have been put right in front of your face.

The poster before you even admitted the symbolism was there, but downplayed it as being a gimmick. That is a logical statement and one I can respect (although I disagree with it). You however, have done nothing to contribute to this thread in any way shape or form with the exception of spelling out your own ignorance.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
OK, I know I'm not supposed to make fun of stuff on this conspiracy website.

... but I have to share -- I am ALMOST IN TEARS looking at this website.

Right below the band ROFLM -- which HAS to be a biblical reference, LOL, I read the following; LINK

Giants beat the Patriots. For people who read Bible Prophecy, it should be easy to see that the Patriots are symbolically tied to Conservative Americans who want the US Constitution upheld and our liberties safe-guarded, while the Illuminati headed by Satan and his demonic Nephilim hordes are represented by the Giants – and they won over the Patriots!

What about when the Eagles (or Sea Hawks), played Chicago? Doesn't the time when the Eagle and the Bear go to war harold the apocalypse? Therefore, we've been dead for 12 years or so now -- that probably explains a few things. When he average man died at 16 -- you can't have a "heralding" of an apocalypse take an entire generation -- we are PAST DUE for doom!

I really thought this guy was going to talk about how the GIANTS are a reference to the Leviathans or those other big guys in that other old religion that is now myth -- he completely missed the reference...

... Christianity is just a myth -- as is most of its symbolism which is a poor knock-off of other popular religions it was competing with when it took over. The Mother Mary was competing with a lot of Athenian (or Artemis) religions in the Middle East. The Christmas stuff is all from Pagans. The Saints are all copying various Gods and such.

The Romans borrowed from the Greeks. Who borrowed from the Egyptians. Who borrowed from Sumerians and Assyrians.

Throw it all up in the air folks -- it's just the old stuffing of junk that filled the heads of people who had no explanation for a world of struggle and things that go bump in the night. They had a lot of dumb ideas then, and we seem to have people who want to preserve these dumb ideas today.

I know this won't make any difference at all, but I have to say it just in case Aliens are looking for signs of intelligence on this third rock from the sun. Carry on and have fun.

The entire act was sending a subliminal message to the world, and that message is the following. ”Take heart, lovers of pleasure. Our satanic messiah is about to appear with great power to usher in world peace so that everyone (who worships Satan ) can have a good time.

Why do we need this subliminal message from Madonna? And how does THIS GUY learn to read her Tea Leaves? -- Every other commercial has these same messages and even on the box of the "Happy Meal". I even get Overt messages to have a good time.

When you read stories about the evangelical minister snorting coke off the back of a young male prostitute (Who is Ted Haggard?, don't you ever stop and think that MAYBE they don't take this stuff as seriously as you do, and that MAYBE the party like it's the end of the world crowd is really some of these Religious leaders in the back room getting their freak on after a good show of fire and brimstone about some storm hitting San Francisco because they tolerate gays?

Humanity has lasers and cell phones and advertisements in the bathroom at the Mall. There is no room in this cacophony for "subliminal". The Universe does not have a billion Galaxies with over a billion stars in each one just so some Owl and Bear nonsense is going to dictate the END OF ALL THINGS. Whatever happens on the earth is just what happens on a tiny mote on a giant canvas of life. And what happened on the stage at the super bowl is just a tiny distraction in a sea of fluff and nonsense that will be forgotten in a couple of weeks as we get the NEXT Satanic message that makes the Universe tremble.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

"If a tree falls in the woods, but nobody is around, does it still make a sound.?"-unknown

Take some time to review the evidence presented throughout the thread.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

OK, I know I'm not supposed to make fun of stuff on this conspiracy website.

... but I have to share -- I am ALMOST IN TEARS looking at this website.

Right below the band ROFLM -- which HAS to be a biblical reference, LOL, I read the following; LINK

Giants beat the Patriots. For people who read Bible Prophecy, it should be easy to see that the Patriots are symbolically tied to Conservative Americans who want the US Constitution upheld and our liberties safe-guarded, while the Illuminati headed by Satan and his demonic Nephilim hordes are represented by the Giants – and they won over the Patriots!

What about when the Eagles (or Sea Hawks), played Chicago? Doesn't the time when the Eagle and the Bear go to war harold the apocalypse? Therefore, we've been dead for 12 years or so now -- that probably explains a few things. When he average man died at 16 -- you can't have a "heralding" of an apocalypse take an entire generation -- we are PAST DUE for doom!

I really thought this guy was going to talk about how the GIANTS are a reference to the Leviathans or those other big guys in that other old religion that is now myth -- he completely missed the reference...

... Christianity is just a myth -- as is most of its symbolism which is a poor knock-off of other popular religions it was competing with when it took over. The Mother Mary was competing with a lot of Athenian (or Artemis) religions in the Middle East. The Christmas stuff is all from Pagans. The Saints are all copying various Gods and such.

The Romans borrowed from the Greeks. Who borrowed from the Egyptians. Who borrowed from Sumerians and Assyrians.

Throw it all up in the air folks -- it's just the old stuffing of junk that filled the heads of people who had no explanation for a world of struggle and things that go bump in the night. They had a lot of dumb ideas then, and we seem to have people who want to preserve these dumb ideas today.

I know this won't make any difference at all, but I have to say it just in case Aliens are looking for signs of intelligence on this third rock from the sun. Carry on and have fun.

The entire act was sending a subliminal message to the world, and that message is the following. ”Take heart, lovers of pleasure. Our satanic messiah is about to appear with great power to usher in world peace so that everyone (who worships Satan ) can have a good time.

Why do we need this subliminal message from Madonna? And how does THIS GUY learn to read her Tea Leaves? -- Every other commercial has these same messages and even on the box of the "Happy Meal". I even get Overt messages to have a good time.

When you read stories about the evangelical minister snorting coke off the back of a young male prostitute (Who is Ted Haggard?, don't you ever stop and think that MAYBE they don't take this stuff as seriously as you do, and that MAYBE the party like it's the end of the world crowd is really some of these Religious leaders in the back room getting their freak on after a good show of fire and brimstone about some storm hitting San Francisco because they tolerate gays?

Humanity has lasers and cell phones and advertisements in the bathroom at the Mall. There is no room in this cacophony for "subliminal". The Universe does not have a billion Galaxies with over a billion stars in each one just so some Owl and Bear nonsense is going to dictate the END OF ALL THINGS. Whatever happens on the earth is just what happens on a tiny mote on a giant canvas of life. And what happened on the stage at the super bowl is just a tiny distraction in a sea of fluff and nonsense that will be forgotten in a couple of weeks as we get the NEXT Satanic message that makes the Universe tremble.

I'd have to agree with most of your statements here. There is a lot of paranoia and ignorance propagated with regards to these breakdowns of the performance. There are plenty of tin foil hats being put on and a lot of falsehoods being written. Most people don't even have their mythological facts straight. Regardless, there WAS a heavy use of symbols in the performance, and people (especially conspiracy theorists) are apt to dissect them. Whether they do so accurately or not is entirely up for debate.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Again, thanks for the post and the laughs.

Hey, I'd say maybe we should invite our friend above our posts if he wants to join in the fun but apparently, laughing and enjoying yourself could be a symbol of Satanism and Illuminati owl worship so perhaps best not.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

TRUE STORY
I'm actually making a website for a spiritual healer. She has a few ideas and images that I'll use -- but ultimately, it's me having absolutely no idea about the spiritual implications in Kaballah of the number 18 who is going to design that website. If someone finds meaning in it - it's because I did a good job of aesthetically using a hodge podge of symbolism. If an 18 appears near the symbol of a pyramid -- it's because the DESIGNER (that's me) put it there because it would look Kewl!

In college, I knew this girl with really curly red hair. She was about as cynical and non-spiritual as they come. She was actually ghost-writing the Astrology predictions for her dad who worked at a MAJOR Newspaper so that he could do other things. I'm sure there were thousands, maybe tens of thousands of people, who thought she was looking right into their soul when they read that Aires was going to make an important phone call today, and that they would re-connect with an old enemy who would become a soul mate. Occasionally, she'd say to me; "Say something interesting" -- and that would be filler for one of the "readings." She had no background or interest in Astrology. Apparently, it didn't matter a bit to the readers.

>> The ONLY reason I bother to take some issue with this stuff -- is that there are REAL conspiracies going on right now, but the next time I say to someone that 9/11 was an inside job, or that Big Oil is pushing US military policies -- I'm going to get lumped in with someone arguing whether or not Madonna is sending messages for Satan or Basophet -- if I have the name wrong on that last character, I don't care.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

"If a tree falls in the woods, but nobody is around, does it still make a sound.?"-unknown

Take some time to review the evidence presented throughout the thread.

Evidence that it's just a performance and nothing symbolic is all around you.

Evidence of Illuminati conspiracies.....well, that's downright impossible to prove.

If you've ever heard of Madonna before sunday then you'll know she's always tried to have big elaborate shows to wow people and deliberately shocked people in a variety of ways, both of which have got her noticed and sold a lot of records.

Lady Gaga wears elaborate outfits in public as well as at shows to be noticed.

Sex Pistols in the 70s used to cuss, spit and talk anti-establishment rhetoric and became icons for their outrageous behaviour and true to life songs during a time when music was mostly used to saccarine songs or elaborate prog tracks that went for over 10 minutes in length.

The only people who see these symbols of a centuries dead group are those who create threads like this on conspiracy sites and talk about how they don't own a tv because they don't believe in entertainment but then complain about how everything on tv is "Illuminati and occult symbolism".

A metal band called Deicide used Satanist imagery to shock and to get attention before admitting 20 years later it's just an act to get them noticed and they don't believe in religion while a former member actually hid his Catholic beliefs so as not to ruin the band's image.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join