It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superbowl Halftime Conspiracy!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I have new respect for Madonna

I am not some huge fan. I see her contributions, and find her an interesting woman. But, for a single short preformance to light up a conspiracy website for what could be days discussing her, and she didn't even really show any flesh...that speaks of pure power and influence.

Props material girl...you still clearly rule the world. relevant as ever. Here is for another 10 years of her keeping people talking...and props to the haters for continuing to keep her relevant.

Imagine if there wasn't much talk about her...my god...she may stop getting booked due to being not overly interesting anymore.
edit on 6-2-2012 by SaturnFX because: typo. said originally no respect...meant to say new

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
rules are meant to be broken and are mostly guidelines
2nd line

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread. Surely the op's on a wind-up?
Everything's not a conspiracy.
Really, some people need to get real.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It doesn't have to do with style. If you asked Reznor if he was a great singer he'd tell you no. I've heard him say that too. Great singing does have academic qualities. Pitch control, tone, breath support and vibrato are key elements to singing. As for the metal guys, they don't sing and it shouldn't be called singing. They scream and grunt and that's fine if you like it, but it shouldn't lumped in with singing. Madonna lacks those four elements discussed earlier. She cannot control her pitch and consistently drops her support. She's got no vibrato, as for tone...Well, it's not bad and it would be better if she could tame the first three elements. She actually did get better in the late 90's circa "Ray of Light" after taking lessons.

The voice is no different than any other instrument in that there are academic qualities which define passibility. Sinatra was guilty of sliding all over the place but he did have good tone, support and pitch control. Therefore I think he's passable even if I don't like his style. Celine Dion is a very good singer even if I don't like her style. I can and do separate what I don't like stylistically from what I think is good in terms of vocal quality. You will be hard pressed to find an academic source that proclaims Madonna is a good singer.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow, you think at my age you are pretty close to seeing and hearing it all, then I see this. I'm sorry, but I think Madonna is great and though I don't watch the game at all, I really enjoy the commercials and halftime show. Usually the show is some boring droll thing, but this year was something i actually really enjoyed. So I guess I had to figure someone would find something wrong with it, right? It's ok though, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I however, really enjoyed it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
I myself personally took notice of all of the commercials during the Super Bowl. They all had a common theme which I didn't know if it was just coincidence or if there was something a bit more to it. Did anyone else notice that most of the commercials were about the end of the world or extra terrestrials? Almost every single commercial

All?

I could go on, but I think the point is made
You see what you want to see.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hottoboggan

So just because YOU don't see it means it's not present? And you now despise people that have educated themselves enough to see it? It's a type of short-hand. If you looked at short-hand and didn't understand it would you take on that same attitude and deny that it holds any meaning. Oh let me answer that yes you would deny that it says anything... nice try but face it this thread destroyed the folks that are ignorant of these sorts of things...so now your all just going to start slinging mud and generalize and pout right?
edit on 2/6/2012 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/6/2012 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Great singing does have academic qualities. Pitch control, tone, breath support and vibrato are key elements to singing.

Good singing has a single required quality
it is to stir an emotion
if it was all about pitch control, then I present to you, the greatest singing ever:

Singers sing to make music..music is meant to invoke emotions..a singer that does not make music is not a singer..music that does not invoke emotions is not music

This singer is invoking emotions in me...desire....desire to turn it off, or get really drunk
edit on 6-2-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
I am writing this as it is happening.
Madonna is performing at the Superbowl 46.
Entertainment for the masses but to the trained eye blatant occultism right in your living room

Madonna and her backup dancers are dressed in Roman style clothes. Her opening number she is wearing a headdress that looks like an Owl. In Roman mythology the owl is seen with Athena, the goddess of wisdom. The owl is also a very prevalent figure used by the illuminati. It's also on the dollar. It represents lack of empathy or care. Each year presidents, heads of states, business tycoons and the affluent of the affluent meet in the Bohemian Grove and burn human effigy's on in altar of a giant concrete Owl. The ceremony is known as the cremation of care.

Madonna then strokes the Lyre, which was used by Hermes the messenger of gods to humans vice versa. Hermes has been revered long before the greeks and Romans, through shamanistic practices including sacrifices, magic and initiation.

Madonna is a student of the Kabal, a guise for mysticism and occult beliefs.

Madonna studies regularly with a personal Kabbalah Centre rabbi, no longer gives concerts on Friday night (which is the onset of Shabbat), wears the red string around her left wrist for protection and to ward off the "Evil Eye" (Ayin Hara), has introduced Jewish ritual objects such as tefilin ("phylacteries") into her videos and tithes regularly to the Kabbalah Centre.[10] Madonna was raised as a Roman Catholic. In July, 2006 the media reported an unfounded rumour that Madonna was leaving the Kabbalah Centre.[11] One media columnist speculated that one reason was alleged financial irregularities of donations to the centre.

Source
Did anybody else notice any of this? It's apart of their occult beliefs and rituals to put things in the open and flaunt their power in our faces, what better stage than the halftime at the super bowl?

Actually, if you knew anything about the occult in general or the Kabbalah you'd think otherwise. What makes you think that anything Madonna did at the halftime show was "flaunting her power" ? The Kabbalah and the occult aren't all about power and sacrifices and evil or black magick rituals. Those are only one side, one aspect of occult science. There is equal good in them as well. You were wise to catch on to the symbolism of the show, yet infinitely unwise in its interpretation. The Owl represents wisdom, as does Hermes, or Thoth- the egyptian god of wisdom revered as Hermers Trismesgestus, the father of all occult (hidden) knowledge. Madonna is an entertainer. She is not a spiritual leader, or an influentiall figure in the religious world, or the spiritual world, or this world for that matter. She simply indulges herself in what she is interested in and like all artists, incorporates her beliefs and experiences into an artform. Shake off your paranoia and open your eyes.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

I'm not a Madonna fan. So when the first half ended i turned the channel to the Law & Order marathon on TNT until the 2nd half started.

From the videos i've seen of it, it looks more like a typical Madonna over the top production. With the highlight being M.I.A. giving the bird to a nation wide audience.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

That video i linked was a live concert. She has a good voice, but that is subjective and dependent on what you like.

Here is another reference video:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm finding myself wondering something. When are the people who are talking about the higher powers blatantly showing off in the SuperBowl commercials are going to realize that it was actually something different. It was actually people making fun of you. All those things are meant to poke fun at outlandish conspiracy theories and the theorists.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

it is to stir an emotion

Nope, I don't subscribe to that. It is possible to separate these qualities. There are people who are no great singers who can invoke emotional responses. Maria Callas was one of those, she was famous for singing in three voices. That is poor control, yet she was good at illicting emotional response. There are people who simply are beautiful singers who don't illicit that, yet I can say "That was good singing" and appreciate it for what it was.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
27 pages about Madonna's 12 minute halftime show - unbelievable.

I see no conspiracy here - just a nearly has been pop singer attempting to recapture some of her glory times by mimicking a Lady Gaga show, since clearly Gaga is the one to be followed these days even though she may have copied Madonna of old.

After a brief look at Madonna's performance I had to get up and cook dinner, otherwise I might have snoozed off and missed the start of the second half. Similar to last years nearly nobody's who were at least less predictable. Then again the once brilliant "The Who" the year prior were more disheartening, as it was then that I realized they had become just a shell of their former tip top selves.

edit on 6-2-2012 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

As one of the people agreeing that there is symbolism in this I totally agree with your post. Everyone keeps saying things like "it's not satanic" when no one has even mentioned Satan.
As someone that is continuing to learn about the occult and hidden symbolism and just all things esoteric I must agree with you. I have started out by saying in the very start of the thread it's all just hidden science in the end. No magic just technology. Although some things can conjur unwanted entities. I'm a Gnostic believer in Christ and I have broken away from religion entirely though. I'm still learning much about the Mystery Schools the more I learn the more i realize it's technology... But the problem I have is that they are trying to control the world through materialism and try and control what everyone thinks! They also seem to be trying to quite literally gather energy from the masses for there own use. Just as you have heard of satanic cults abusing children to gather the energy. These things are real and should not be taken lightly. So where do we draw the line with such hidden power? When it is for self serving purposes! If it harms or takes away from anyone without permission it's of the dark side and should be thwarted with light!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by SaturnFX

it is to stir an emotion

Nope, I don't subscribe to that. It is possible to separate these qualities. There are people who are no great singers who can invoke emotional responses. Maria Callas was one of those, she was famous for singing in three voices. That is poor control, yet she was good at illicting emotional response. There are people who simply are beautiful singers who don't illicit that, yet I can say "That was good singing" and appreciate it for what it was.

I think I understand what your saying.
Singing, in your definition of it, is basically having a finely tuned guitar...you don't need to do any songs to it..a simple strum in tune = a tool. making music however doesn't necessarily have to have a finely tuned guitar (or voice) and still the music is made quite nicely..

I prefer music over singing then. I acknowledge your point, Does madonna sing well? perhaps, perhaps not (don't pay much atttention), but she definately makes music.

Example that you may agree with

Singing: meh
music: amazing
edit on 6-2-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I've never considered Madonna a music maker-She's a music captializer. She finds the latest and greatest trend and capitalizes on it. If you look at her credits you will note she doesn't even make most of it. Most of the people who work with her will tell you that she will put one line in it and demand a co-writing credit. That's her brilliance, none of it is truly her. It's all this finely tuned image of her as the hottest, trendiest woman you ever seen. It's a shrewd game . I will say I think she was very smart for not trying to go sexy. She's 50 and she knows how utterly stupid that would look.

I think that song is ok. I honestly find Cobain's tone too nasally to listen to, but it is a good performance.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

All I see is a grandma I like to hugg....

But you're right, I'm convinced she has occult interests.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Madonna write her own lyrics.

wiki.answers.com...

Personally i would take Kurt Cobain over Madonna. Took me years to really appreciate his work though. I guess he had a different way of looking at things but there is nothing wrong with original thoughts and ways of viewing things.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher
reply to post by antonia

Madonna write her own lyrics.

wiki.answers.com...

Personally i would take Kurt Cobain over Madonna. Took me years to really appreciate his work though. I guess he had a different way of looking at things but there is nothing wrong with original thoughts and ways of viewing things.

That's what Madonna says, what she does is very different. She buys songwriting credits. It's an old scam and she's been sued for it before. She's been sued and has settled with several people for outright theft of their songs.

As for Cobain,I never said there way anything wrong with being original. I simply stated his tone is too nasally for me to listen to.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join