It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Location of Time Gate Puzzle [TJWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
This is an entry into the [TJWC] Time Jumpers Writing Contest..........enjoy.
..............................................................................................................

For nearly thirty years I have hidden a great secret. Please forgive my dishonesty, but in truth, it was only the last few years that I understood the meaning of what I had discovered. I'll cut to the chase, as I don't wish to waste any more of your time than necessary. I have discovered a time machine. Well, to be more accurate, a time gate. I haven't traveled through the gate yet, but it does exist, and these are my final words before I leave into time unknown.

This all began when I was a young man, just beginning in life. I had recently bought a small piece of land, and was working on building a home. While I was clearing the land I discovered a small box that had been created from stone. When I opened the box, inside there were two small stone tablets with alot of letters carved into them. This of course was an odd discovery, but what seemed stranger was that they looked very, very old. The box was very worn, and I could tell that it had been exposed to the elements for a long time. The strangest thing of all was that the letters on the tablets were english letters, which didn't make sense considering how old the box and tablets looked. The big problem was that the letters didn't seem to make any words that I knew of.

I spent the next several days cleaning the dirt from the box and the tablets, and trying to figure out what it was that I had found. I considered taking it to someone more knowledgable about things like this than me, but I didn't want anyone to know what I found just in case it was important. Again, I don't wish to waste your time, so I'll just tell you that for the next two and half decades I worked at trying to understand what was written on these tablets. A few years ago I finally broke the code. I was able to translate the tablets, and what they said was astounding. I had made the tablets. I had traveled though time, I had created the box and tablets, and placed them at the sight of my future home. On the tablet were instructions on where to find the time gate, and when to be there for the gate to work correctly.

I have been working for the last couple years on preparing for my departure thru the gate. The reason that I am leaving these words behind is that I feel sort of guilty. What I have discovered is too important for only one person to know about, but also too dangerous for everyone to understand. That was the reason that I had created the coded tablets, so that they weren't easy to understand, and anyone that found them instead of me would have to be intelligent enough to solve the puzzle.

I have decided that I will leave behind the location of the time gate, and when to be there. I do not know when in time the gate takes someone, nor do I know the risk involved. I only know that my fate is to do this. If you choose to find the gate, and attempt what I am about to do, the answer is hidden below using the same type code I used on the tablets. Good luck if you wish to find the gate, and if you are sucessful, maybe I'll see you....in another time....(and just in case you're curious. I have taken the box and tablets with me. There is another secret on them that I will not share, unless you find me).

NRSYRONTIE
AWDLKEEEVS
ATOAHOZLIL
SDESTTZOOE
TAERESRZTS
TAHHOBUFUA
EETTEVEPGO
GCYNEKEHYE
IUOMAPTHHF
OTNEYLTNIT

...............................................................................................................

Thanks for reading my story.

I will explain the answer to the code when the contest is over.
...unless someone is able to solve it before (they will know what to do when solving the puzzle)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well... I'm curious what the code is.

And I'm not good with codes...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Just thought I'd add that I have read this...

and I'm working on it... so don't be discouraged at the lack of overwhelming responses... sometimes the best things in life "slip between the cracks"...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just one quick question though... which lines were on which tablets...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked

and I'm working on it... so don't be discouraged at the lack of overwhelming responses... sometimes the best things in life "slip between the cracks"...

How about giving the OP a flag for your support?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by SwissMarked

How about giving the OP a flag for your support?

Thought I did... still getting use to the "star and flag" deal... the flag button just showed up for me a couple days ago...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

Just one quick question though... which lines were on which tablets...

If I stay with the storyline, I would not be available to answer any questions that may reveal the answer to the puzzle, as I would have already traveled through the time gate.

However, I will say that solving the puzzle is much easier than it appears. Half of the letters in the puzzle would be on the original tablets, and the other half are further instructions for the one who solves the puzzle.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I tend to "over think" things like this... I was looking at it as a "cryptogram" but the "EEE" in the second word would suggest that it's not that because I for one can't think of a word in the English language that has three of the same letter together like that...

I'll keep looking at it every couple hours and wait for some Divine Intervention to get the gears turning in the right direction...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

You have a good mind....and you shall do well in solving the puzzle.

You are on the correct path.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Great Story!

Really off topic.....

How long do you thing it would take the Ted Kaczynski to solve your cypher?

S&F

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Probably about 30 seconds.

It's going to be interesting to see if someone here can solve my puzzle. There are a few details that I wish I could go back in the story and add, but that's usually how it goes when you write something. With so many excellent short stories being written for the contest, I tried to make mine a little different, and use the puzzle as a mini ATS mystery. With so many sharp minds here, it won't take someone long to crack it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Wish I could flag this a few more times actually.

Story is great,has me thinking,and that in itself is a plus.

The code is bonus.

I will bump this later!

edit on 7-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join