It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Israel undecided on attack against Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Obama: Israel undecided on attack against Iran

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

President Barack Obama on Sunday said Israel has not decided whether it will strike Iran, but added if tensions escalate this spring, no options would be taken off the table.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israel: Iran's nuclear arms program is complete, its missiles can reach US

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
We cannot have a clearer message then this
with all the propaganda they have filled our heads
and now during the SUPER BOWL

This article is opening the door to a futur strike on Iran

Obama is playing with everyone
This article is testing our commitment to this new war
If we agree in general to attack Iran in the coming futur
and we will support the government
perhaps to see how many americans are willing to accept a coming draft

Americans mostly are agreeing with it .. that is the problem
and it will also help Israel to know how many people will be outraged in the world
by letting Obama release such statement

My answer .. my final prediction
Iran will get attacked before 2012 ends
Russia and China are the only ones capable of saving them
thats why Iran doesnt want to strike first

I don't think Israel has made a decision,” Obama said in the president’s traditional pre-Super Bowl interview, this time with NBC’s Matt Lauer.

But he stressed that the United States would work with Israel to resolve the situation using diplomacy.

“(Israel), like us, believe(s) that Iran has to stand down on its nuclear weapons program,” he said.

His comments came after Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told reporters on Thursday there is a growing likelihood Israel could attack Iran in the spring.

Obama argued Iran is “feeling the pinch” after the international community has enforced sanctions in an “unprecedented” way to pressure the country away from developing its suspected nuclear weapons facilities.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ok, This is getting real old. Either bomb them or shut up about it Obama. They are making this crap up anyway.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Ok, This is getting real old. Either bomb them or shut up about it Obama. They are making this crap up anyway.

They have builded enought lies .. i mean intel
to avoid most country condemnations

Now we know that if Israel go and strike at Iran
Obama will protect them with the entire US army and arsenal
even if Russia and China step in to back off Iran

Damn this 2012 will be a though ride ..
i dont see any way that can end up good

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That is laughable. Israel would have attacked Iran months ago if the U.S. and European public and politicians were fully committed.

If Iran gets any closer to having a nuke or the capability to build a nuclear weapon, they will attack without our support or not, but odds are by that point the anti-Iranian propaganda and lies would reach such great heights that the public will support an aggressive war against Iran.

Obama making this statement is surely testing the waters of public opinion though as the OP has said.
edit on 2/5/2012 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The thing that shock me the most
why do he have to release such statement for the SUPER BOWL interview
while hundred of millions watch

Is there any surprise after the Super bowl ?
why releasing this NOW

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Obama making this statement is surely testing the waters of public opinion though as the OP has said.

UNDECIDED

they have carefuly choosed that word
he is testing the ground more then ever
especially in a Super Bowl interview .. wtf .....OFFTOPIC
why not talking about football and his opinion on the winning team

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

But...don't they wave lots of American flags and have flyovers of F-whatevers (16? 18?21?) displaying military might at Super-bowl games?
I see a pattern....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Drezden

UNDECIDED

they have carefuly choose that word
he is testing the ground more then ever
especially in a Super Bowl interview .. wtf .....OFFTOPIC
why not talking about football and his opinion on the winning team

IMHO, the attack will come well before the spring. Any day now! Obama knows it. He's just following a script!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
nope, they're pretty much decided.

israel's f-15's and f-16's have pretty much a zero chance of making it to iran and surviving their air defences, let alone destroying a fortified bunker, designed to withstand a nuclear bomb.

edit on 5-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Lets wait and see what transpires!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I watched the Super Bowl interview. Complete crap. They go from asking if there are any Tom Brady posters up in the White House because he's so "good looking" ...to Israel attacking Iran?

I wont go into the details of our conversation, but i will say that....we have closer military and intelligence consultation, between our 2 countries...than we've EVER had. - Obama talking about Israel

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
They keep saying "no options off the table" so does that mean allowing iran to have a nuclear program is an option on the table?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
The thing that shock me the most
why do he have to release such statement for the SUPER BOWL interview
while hundred of millions watch

Is there any surprise after the Super bowl ?
why releasing this NOW

You answered your own question. Compare the number of people that watch the super bowl to the number of people that watch his newscasts. He took advantage of the situation to spread the BS to a larger audience.

But should he have done it? No A lot of Americans party on this day and they really don't need reality bringing them down they face it enough throughout the rest of the year.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by revolutionphase1
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

I watched the Super Bowl interview. Complete crap. They go from asking if there are any Tom Brady posters up in the White House because he's so "good looking" ...to Israel attacking Iran?

I wont go into the details of our conversation, but i will say that....we have closer military and intelligence consultation, between our 2 countries...than we've EVER had. - Obama talking about Israel

Propaganda machine at is best
they are not dumb .. hundred of millions of people are watching this
ok maybe talking of politic .. Romney Paul Gingrich Santorum .. blablabla
that would be making sens since there is an election coming soon
but talking about if we should attack Iran .. literaly disgusting and no respect
for everyone trying to have a good time

Obama at his best again

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

& he'll be back for another term. Lets just hope Aliens come down and straighten things up (unless their already here....)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wait a minute, didn't Netanyahoo say the U.S. would be the last to know, after Obama acted so ignorant and continually insulted him.

So what makes you think this sad excuse for our President would know a damn thing???

Pax

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Wait a minute, didn't Netanyahoo say the U.S. would be the last to know, after Obama acted so ignorant and continually insulted him.

So what makes you think this sad excuse for our President would know a damn thing???

Pax

Amen, you hit the nail right on the head!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I fully expect Isreal to trot out the sampson otion if they unilaterally have to go for Iran....
Theyll try to open up the facilities with what bunker busters they have, and drop in low yield nukes to seal it off by radiation contamination afterwards....
Nobody woill be going in to count the dead fro a thousand years...as these bombs can be set for the amount of dirtyness they require....

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I fully expect Isreal to trot out the sampson otion if they unilaterally have to go for Iran....
Theyll try to open up the facilities with what bunker busters they have, and drop in low yield nukes to seal it off by radiation contamination afterwards....
Nobody woill be going in to count the dead fro a thousand years...as these bombs can be set for the amount of dirtyness they require....

You mean nuke Iran to the ice age ?
who wants who to be wiped off the map is the question

Iran didnt attack anyone in 200 yrs

top topics

<<   2 >>

join