It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney/Paul Ticket... Seriously.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The remaining candidates in the winnowed Republican presidential field are attacking one another with abandon, each day bringing fresh headlines of accusations and outrage.

But Mitt Romney and Ron Paul haven’t laid a hand on each other. They never do.

Despite deep differences on a range of issues, Romney and Paul became friends in 2008, the last time both ran for president. So did their wives, Ann Romney and Carol Paul. The former Massachusetts governor compliments the Texas congressman during debates, praising Paul’s religious faith during the last one, in Jacksonville, Fla. Immediately afterward, as is often the case, the Pauls and the Romneys gravitated toward one another to say hello.

The Romney-Paul alliance is more than a curious connection. It is a strategic partnership: for Paul, an opportunity to gain a seat at the table if his long-shot bid for the presidency fails; for Romney, a chance to gain support from one of the most vibrant subgroups within the Republican Part

www.washingtonpost.com... id=z1

VERY interesting article. I have been following this particular US election very closely, taking an indepth look at each of the candidates political and personal lives individually, and not just eating what the U.S and Canadian media has to offer... Yet, somehow I missed this.

I think its safe to say that Romney nor Ron Paul, regardless who each of them individually would choose as a VP, could honestly remove the Obama Administration from the White-house.. Yet together? Very very possible.

Good luck, America!

Well spoken video on this article:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Not sure what to think of this. On one end, it could be great because Paul would be "a heartbeat away" from the presidency. On another end (and most likely), he'd just be an inconsequential vice president with possibly little say in policy.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yeah, then watch Romney get snuffed out by a “Ron Paul supporter that rambled on and on about freedom and liberty on his facebook page.” The hammer would really come down hard on those who love freedom and talk about it. Lol They have probably already thought about this scenario those evil dirtbags!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If Romney was smart...

Ron Paul for President, Romney for VP

THis way Paul is a shoe in and has to patch up the Republic and fix all the prolbems ready for another 200 years of abuse by selfish politicians. Paul then either dies in office or is too old to stand in 2016 and Romney becames the President, who, at any election can take much of the credit for success.

If Romney is stupid...

Romney pours billions into becoming the candidate, but , by then is so crippled, he's mowed flat by Obama. And there is no way that Paul would support him by becoming VP, and even if he did, he supporters would simply desert him making him irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't think this could happen. Their views are too opposed. Paul would have to come out and support Romney's views. Nope, not going to happen....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I don't think that would be a smart move. Ron would destroy his credibility, and probably some of his son's. What RP stands for isn't very compatible with any of the other candidates, even though they've stated many times during the primaries, "I agree with Ron Paul..."
edit on 5-2-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I posted a thread on this a month back, Romney offers paul the vice presidency. I didn't get a positive response from Paulers, but I believe this is very close to being reality. I would not be all that surprise if Romney announces Paul as a vice presidential runner... well not as surprised as the others atleast.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
They are complete opposites, you couldn't of picked a worse combination. Gingrich/Paul are closer in some ways, but still far apart. No-one in this race makes a suitable VP for the others. I think we may yet see Gingrich and Santorum team up, they are both more conservative than Romney, and more hawkish than Paul.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

Make it Romney/Santorum and you may be closer to what the GOP ticket will be..?

For Paul... I am thinking 3rd party (despite his vocal opposition to the possibility), I have seen on the board, some mention of Paul/Kucinich ticket...

Not sure if it's possible, but would make for an interesting campaign season heading to November...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I posted a thread on this a month back, Romney offers paul the vice presidency. I didn't get a positive response from Paulers, but I believe this is very close to being reality. I would not be all that surprise if Romney announces Paul as a vice presidential runner... well not as surprised as the others atleast.

Romney would LOVE to have the RP supporters...... For sure.

If anything, there is more of a chance that Ron would turn it down rather than Mitt asking him.

new topics

top topics

join