It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are these 10 figures just like Jesus Christ??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Back, thanks.

The most obvious one that is trumpeted by Futurist eschatology is the rebirth of Israel as a nation. Hm.. Not so much so in my opinion as I see that as self-fulfilling prophecy by the Jesuits as part of the counter-reformation, which also benefited the Zionists, so they helped propagate it.

Personally though I like most of the ones in Daniel. They have proven to be so accurate that some have even tried to use them to postpone the date of its writing to a later point in history.

A fantasic description of Alexander the Great:

Daniel 8:
19And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

20The ram which thou sawest having two horns are the kings of Media and Persia.

21And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.

22Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.

23And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

24And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

Right down to the fact that he would not die by the hands of his enemies: “Shall be broken without hand”.

The list of the World Empires:

Daniel 2:

31 “Your Majesty looked, and there before you stood a large statue—an enormous, dazzling statue, awesome in appearance. 32 The head of the statue was made of pure gold, its chest and arms of silver, its belly and thighs of bronze, 33 its legs of iron, its feet partly of iron and partly of baked clay. 34 While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them. 35 Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were all broken to pieces and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer. The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth.

36 “This was the dream, and now we will interpret it to the king....(snipped for space)... You are that head of gold.

39 “After you, another kingdom will arise, inferior to yours. Next, a third kingdom, one of bronze, will rule over the whole earth. 40 Finally, there will be a fourth kingdom, strong as iron—for iron breaks and smashes everything—and as iron breaks things to pieces, so it will crush and break all the others. 41 Just as you saw that the feet and toes were partly of baked clay and partly of iron, so this will be a divided kingdom; yet it will have some of the strength of iron in it, even as you saw iron mixed with clay. 42 As the toes were partly iron and partly clay, so this kingdom will be partly strong and partly brittle. 43 And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

44 “In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. 45 This is the meaning of the vision of the rock cut out of a mountain, but not by human hands—a rock that broke the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold to pieces.

This is the line of world dominating empires starting with Babylon. This is an important prophecy because so many others are based on it, and its key to understanding most of Daniel and Revelation. The order of the empires: Babylon, Media/Persia, Greece, and Rome which of course still exists today as the Roman Catholic Church.

How about Christs prophecy that Jerusalem and the Temple would be utterly destroyed during the lifetime of the apostles (its recorded in all the gospels, but I am just going to quote one for space):

1 As Jesus was leaving the temple, one of his disciples said to him, “Look, Teacher! What massive stones! What magnificent buildings!”
2 “Do you see all these great buildings?” replied Jesus. “Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

There are many, many more, but space is somewhat limited here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well I honestly took the time to read through all that you posted.

With all due respect(I can't have a problem with someone that uses Ray Stanz as thier avatar) those passages you quoted do not clearly indicate a line of empires that we know today, the exploits of Alexander the Great, or the destruction of the temple.

I would say that the wording of the passages is so vague, and interpretive(sp?) they could easily be read, or applied to nearly anything you choose. This is normally the case though, with prophetic works...kind of like modern palm readers, or psychics.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Well said my friend, definitely with you on this one

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You have too many quotes and are missing an end quote somewhere.

Anyway...

Originally posted by SwissMarked
Read the "I AM" statements as though you had the knowledge that "I AM" is a reference to God... go ahead... search for all of the "I AM" references and frame it in that context...

Did Jesus not claim to be "the Son of man"... and that God was his "Father in Heaven" as He is mine and all of creation being the "Father of All"...

He claimed to be the prophesied messiah...

John 4:
25 The woman said, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.”
26 Then Jesus declared, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

Matthew 16:
15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven.

John 10:
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

John 8:
57 “You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Paul wrote the majority of the New Testament allegedly...

It really didn't matter who wrote it down, it was accurate in the opinion of those who were taught by the Apostles, and not subject to all the conspiracy theory changes that people accuse it of. Like I said before, the Student of Polycarp was quoting almost all the books in the current New Testament within less then 100 years after the death of Christ. Polycarp himself was taught directly from the Apostle John.

Believe me the RCC would have loved nothing more then to change the writing of the Bible, but they couldn't. This was why they had to keep Bibles out of the common mans hands for as long as possible. They were teaching so far outside what was in the Bible, and taking such grand liberties with the word, that it caused the Protestant Reformation. If they could have just altered the word, the whole thing would have never happened.

I believe it was Dubya that said he was a "Christian"... how many wars were started while he was in office... Clinton claimed to be one as well... how many "skirmishes" were we involved in during his tenure... how about G.H.W.B... Reagan... Carter... Ford... Nixon... Johnson... should I keep going... because I can... and that's only the ones that "ran" this country...

All presidents “claim” to be Christians, it does not make it so. There are many false Christians out there. However, taking wars started because of the US's foreign policy, and trying to blame those on Christianity because the presidents “claim” to be Christians, does not make them “Christian” wars. The last Christian war was the Crusades, which was brought about on behalf the Roman Catholic Church, to acquire/preserve religious relics that they used to make money off believers to fund their building of grand Cathedrals.

As a matter of fact, I personally believe that this is all mentioned in prophecy, that the Roman Catholic Church is clearly stated as the last beast in Daniel, with the Ponitfex Maximus as the “little horn”, and the first beast in Revelation. I also believe that the US is the second beast in Revelation, and is based on the system of Roman Government and law of the beast that came before it. So if that is true, then these US wars are in fact not “Christian” wars, but rather wars of the second “beast” to push its agenda on the rest of the world.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Mara is the devil in Buddism.
I am not even going to get into Wicca, because that's going to open up a can of worms.
Jediism?
Okay, its not a real religion to begin with, but even still the devil in that would be the “sith”

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

None of this provides evidence for the existence of any evil overlord....or any efforts on that being's part to confuse me, or damn me.

Everyone in the world can believe something be true...doesn't mean it isn't hogwash.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Have you seen the movie “300”, “One Night with the King”, and/or “Alexander the Great”. Hopefully you realize that the events depicted in these movies are historically interrelated. This is what these verses are talking about. It also relates back to the visions of both the Statue (Media/Persia followed by Greece), and the “beasts”:

2 Daniel said: “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me were the four winds of heaven churning up the great sea. 3 Four great beasts, each different from the others, came up out of the sea.
4 “The first was like a lion, and it had the wings of an eagle. I watched until its wings were torn off and it was lifted from the ground so that it stood on two feet like a human being, and the mind of a human was given to it.
5 “And there before me was a second beast, which looked like a bear. It was raised up on one of its sides, and it had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. It was told, ‘Get up and eat your fill of flesh!’
6 “After that, I looked, and there before me was another beast, one that looked like a leopard. And on its back it had four wings like those of a bird. This beast had four heads, and it was given authority to rule.
7 “After that, in my vision at night I looked, and there before me was a fourth beast—terrifying and frightening and very powerful. It had large iron teeth; it crushed and devoured its victims and trampled underfoot whatever was left. It was different from all the former beasts, and it had ten horns.
8 “While I was thinking about the horns, there before me was another horn, a little one, which came up among them; and three of the first horns were uprooted before it. This horn had eyes like the eyes of a human being and a mouth that spoke boastfully.

I could go into a lengthy discussion of what these verses prophesied, but there are sites out there that do just as good of a job as I ever could. Here is one here for you:
www.thebiblestudypage.com...

Its actually kind of fun to watch those movies once you understand how they are all talking about the same period of events from different aspects.

Believe me, even if you don't see the accuracy of those predictions, realize that other non-christians scholars have even had to admit to their accuracy to such a point that they have tried to use them to re-date the writing of the book of Daniel to a later period of history. Thats sort of the problem with these things, someone asks for proof, you give them proof, then they want to find some other way to dispute the proof that you gave them. It really all comes down to belief, and you either have it or don't. Calling one side “stupid” or “foolish” for believing the way they do is rather narrow minded, as really all you have yourself is another belief.

To be honest some of the most educated people on the planet are the clergy, this has historically always been the case.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well I am off to do a bit of research into these prophesies... It may take a bit to formulate a response. I am not too hopeful thought... the scripture you posted is once again incredibly vague, and could apply to anything. I believe they are intentionally written that way. Once again psychics like Edgar Cayce use this trick.

Btw I love the movie "300", but the love of all we hold dear...don't tell me it's historically accurate.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: can't type!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
reply to post by defcon5

Everyone in the world can believe something be true...doesn't mean it isn't hogwash.

Actually one of the greatest proofs of truth is when some concept is accepted by various cultures that all spring up in isolation from each other. As another example, why did so many ancient and isolated cultures believe in “head elongation” or “head binding” and enlargement of the eyes? Many point to that as proof of alien visitation throughout history.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

reply to post by defcon5

Btw I love the movie "300", but the love of all we hold dear...don't tell me it's historically accurate.

The movie is a fictional representation of a true historical event.
It was a real battle though, and they still have a monument on the Spartans burial mound.

Battle of Thermopylae
The Battle of Thermopylae ( /θərˈmɒpɨliː/ thər-mop-i-lee; Greek: Μάχη τῶν Θερμοπυλῶν, Machē tōn Thermopylōn) was fought between an alliance of Greek city-states, led by King Leonidas of Sparta, and the Persian Empire of Xerxes I over the course of three days, during the second Persian invasion of Greece. It took place simultaneously with the naval battle at Artemisium, in August or September 480 BC, at the narrow coastal pass of Thermopylae ('The Hot Gates').
The Persian invasion was a delayed response to the defeat of the first Persian invasion of Greece, which had been ended by the Athenian victory at the Battle of Marathon in 490 BC. Xerxes had amassed a huge army and navy, and set out to conquer all of Greece. The Athenian general Themistocles had proposed that the allied Greeks block the advance of the Persian army at the pass of Thermopylae, and simultaneously block the Persian navy at the Straits of Artemisium.

Simonides composed a well-known epigram, which was engraved as an epitaph on a commemorative stone placed on top of the burial mound of the Spartans at Thermopylae. It is also the hill on which the last of them died.[51] The original stone has not survived, but in 1955, the epitaph was engraved on a new stone. The text from Herodotus is:[51]

Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
Ō ksein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tēide
keimetha, tois keinōn rhēmasi peithomenoi.
"Stranger, announce to the Spartans that here
We lie, having fulfilled their orders."

It's just more fun to watch a movie about it then to read it on wikipedia.

Anyway.. Have a good night.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Actually one of the greatest proofs of truth is when some concept is accepted by various cultures that all spring up in isolation from each other. As another example, why did so many ancient and isolated cultures believe in “head elongation” or “head binding” and enlargement of the eyes? Many point to that as proof of alien visitation throughout history.

For future reference in this discussion....

Proof: The establishment of truth, demonstration.

Demonstrate: To make evident with arguments, or reasoning.

Truth: actuality, or actual existence.

Evidence: Something which makes plain or clear, an indicator or sign.

So in order for something to be taken as proof, it would be required to "make evident actual existence". While I am researching these discussed prophesies could you explain how various cultures having similar concepts provides evidence for actual existence for anything? Let alone how these prophesies might prove the bible to be true.

How do elongated skulls prove visitation by aliens? Could be utter crap, could be demons, could be fairies, could be the people from the inner earth, or could be stupid human rituals. No proof for any of it.

If multiple tribes across the world openly say they have meet with aliens in the past, it proves nothing. Could be utter nonsense.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

reply to post by defcon5

Well I am off to do a bit of research into these prophesies... It may take a bit to formulate a response.

Before you do that let me point out one thing to you that I already touched upon above, but not in great detail. Its vitally important that you understand this before you go reading into Christian eschatology.

I mentioned above that Rome was one of the beasts in both Revelation, and Daniel. I also mentioned that the Pontifex Maximus is the “Little Horn”.

Its very important that you realize that most of what you will come across on the net is Jesuit Futurism, its what most Christians currently (and IMHO mistakenly) believe today (Remember that in the Bible it mentions that a “great deception” would fall on Christianity during the end times). There is a reason for this deception, and it should be appearant in the fact that one of the other schools, IMHO the correct one, teaches that the RCC, Pope, and the final world empire (the US) are all the bad guys mentioned in prophecy.

Naturally, the RCC fought this during the Counter-Reformation, and they used the Jesuit Order as their branch of choice to do this. The Jesuit Order came up with two competing versions of prophetic interpretation to hide the RCC, and the Pope mentioned in prophecy, and to shut up the protestant reformers such as Martin Luther. One of those schools, Futurism, is the one that MOST Christians believe in today, even though they have no idea of its source:

Jesuit Frencisco Ribera

In order to remove the papacy of the Catholic Church from consideration as the Antichrist (as an act of countering the Protestant Reformation), Ribera began writing a lengthy (500 page) commentary in 1585 on the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse) titled In Sacrum Beati Ioannis Apostoli, & Evangelistiae Apocalypsin Commentarij, proposing that the first few chapters of the Apocalypse apply to ancient pagan Rome, and the rest he limited to a yet future period of 3½ literal years, immediately prior to the second coming. During that time, the Roman Catholic Church would have fallen away from the pope into apostasy because of the Reformation cry stating that "the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist." (Martin Luther, Aug. 18, 1520). Then, he proposed, the Antichrist, a single individual, would:

Persecute and blaspheme the saints of God.
Rebuild the temple in Jerusalem.
Abolish the Christian religion.
Deny Jesus Christ.
Be received by the Jews.
Pretend to be God.
Kill the two witnesses of God.
Conquer the world.

To accomplish this, Ribera proposed that the 1260 days and 42 months and 3½ times of prophecy were not 1260 years as based on the year-day principle (Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6), but a literal 3½ years, hence preventing the arrival of the deduction of (i) the 1260 years to be related to the Dark Ages (according to the Historicism (Christianity) interpretation of eschatology from 538 A.D. when the papal power was fully established in Rome until its political blow in 1798 A.D., when Louis-Alexandre Berthier the general of Napoleon captured pope Pius VI as prisoner to Valence, France) and (ii) the Antichrist to be related to papacy.

The other school of interpretation is called Preterism, and is today the accepted version taught by the Catholic Church (also Jesuit Doctrine).

Obvioulsy the Futurist concept that Israel had to be rebuilt as a nation, caused certain interest groups to side with it, so that is the school that was propogated in most Christian Chruches. It's the one that gets all the media attention for what should be obvious reasons, and so it became the most widely accepted.

Again, IMHO, the correct school to read about is called Historicism, and is the only version that was not twisted by either a party that was mentioned in the prophecy itself, or by a party that had a special interest in causing Christians to support modern Israel.
This is a good site to read about what I am mentioning above:
The Catholic Origins of Futurism and Preterism

If you have any questions though, please feel free to contact me.

edit on 2/5/2012 by defcon5 because: broke my tag

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Really what is Scientific Evidence anyway:

Scientific Evidence:
Evidence may involve understanding all steps of a process, or one or a few observations, or observation and statistical analysis of many samples without necessarily understanding the mechanism.

Its all observation of what seems to happen 99% of the time in observed isolated instances. So is there something to why all these isolated cultures seem to end up believing in both a good and malevolent “god”, and both a heaven and hell type concept of reward/punishment (even in reincarnation you're rewarded or punished), a flood mythology, and even an “end times”? Obviously there is more to this then meets the eye, or we would see societies that had none of these types of religious beliefs.

I am sure that it will have scientists world over upset, but to be honest, there is just about as much proof of this stuff being true as there is concepts like gravity. You know that they really cannot explain gravity, so is it a real thing or not?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
That I don't know... but whenever I say a prayer for help I receive the help I needed. Without fail. Some say I am willing my reality to do what I want it to. Either God is real or we have the power to change events to work in our favor.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Indeed,... you don't know...

Those are the kinds of revelations you should keep to yourself for them to really matter...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Probably because almost all Christian stories are taken from old jewish stories which are taken from old egyptian stories which are taken from.....

well you get the picture...

it has been documented many times before the amount of similaraties between creation myths and basic outlining stories across many religons...

so "characters" that pop up time and time again should be expected

are any of the stories based on fact... i cannot say,

does the religon that can rightfully claim the stories as there own the first time round still exsist? i would say absolutley not.

Just my thoughts though.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by atotheb
Yeah, I'm pretty sure half these myths stole Jesus' story over time.
I'm sure some could have been Jesus prophecies... sort of a collective soul vision.

In some cases maybe, but it seems illogical to propose that the one's which existed before Christ's alleged life, were copied from Christianity!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The worshippers of false gods say: "If Allah had so willed, we should not have worshipped aught but Him - neither we nor our fathers,- nor should we have prescribed prohibitions other than His." So did those who went before them. But what is the mission of messengers but to preach the Clear Message? For We assuredly sent amongst every People a messenger, (with the Command), "Serve Allah, and eschew Evil": of the People were some whom Allah guided, and some on whom error became inevitably (established). So travel through the earth, and see what was the end of those who denied (the Truth). S. 16:35-36

To every people did We appoint rites (of sacrifice), that they might celebrate the name of Allah over the sustenance He gave them from animals (fit for food). But your god is One God: submit then your wills to Him (in Islam): and give thou the good news to those who humble themselves,- S. 22:34

To every People have We appointed rites and ceremonies which they must follow: let them not then dispute with thee on the matter, but do thou invite (them) to thy Lord: for thou art assuredly on the Right Way. S. 22:67

-- Muhammed, the Holy Qu'ran

"Howsoever men try to worship Me, so do I welcome them. By whatever path they travel, it leads to Me at last."
-- Lord Krishna, the Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 4

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Wow, such a large and complicated discussion has sprung up from the original post, but few have bothered to research the claims given in the original post itself.

This topic has come up several times before on ATS, and they always seem to refer to these same "false" mythologies.

I say the following things not as a christian (I am not one), but simply as a person who is interested in history and mythology. I find it offensive that there are people and websites out there who seek to distort the rich and colourful history and culture of the Buddhism, Hinduism, Ancient Greece, Rome and Persia, etc. in an ill-conceived attempt to discredit Christianity.

First off: Buddhism.
No, Buddha did NOT go to any temple at the age of 12, his parents specifically kept him away from all temples, and kept him in their palace so that he was very naive and innocent to the ways of the world. After starving himself, he did not go to a fig tree at the conclusion of his fast, he concluded his fast with rice pudding in a village.

...heck, why am I repeating myself when I've already written on this topic before on ATS already? Just read through this previous post of mine:
To Straighten Things Up

Originally posted by babloyi
Odysseus was not a carpenter. According to the mythos, he was a ruler of Ithaca, and his father Laertes was a ruler of Ithaca, and his father's father Arcesius was a ruler of Ithaca, and his father's father's father Cephalus was a ruler of Phocis, his father's father's father's father Deioneus was a ruler of Phocis, and his father's father's father's father's father Aeolus was ruler of Thessaly, and his father's father's father's father's father's father was Hellen (from who the greek people came), and his father's father's father's father's father's father's father was Deucalion, an ancient Noah-like figure, and his father's father's father's father's father's father's father's father was Prometheus, who stole fire from the gods. The closest you can come to any idea of a "carpenter" is that his grandfather Arcesius shared his name with another (unrelated) architect.

According to their scriptures, Zoroaster was born of Porushaspo and Dughdhvo, he was the middle son of 5 sons. At his birth, he laughed out loud instead of crying and Ahura Mazda was supposed to have descended and entered his house at his birth. A light was said to radiate from the house when he was born.
NONE of this suggests "immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason". In fact, the use of the term "immaculate conception" shows that the author doesn't really know what they are talking about. Immaculate conception is the catholic doctrine that Mary was born without stain or sin. Since Zoroastrianism has no concept of original sin, this doctrine has absolutely nothing to do with it. The author PROBABLY meant to say that Zoroaster was born of a "virgin birth", but this is not true either (his mother had had 2 sons before him already, and there is no mention of any such thing in the scripture).

One may possibly make the argument that the Jesus mythos was distorted and amalgamated from previous cultures/myths, but certainly not through the examples given in the original post.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Because the churches (the Catholic Church and it's guidance under Constantine in particular) decided to turn Jesus of Nazareth in to a god so they could intentionally damn "plebeians" to hell by intentionally keeping followers ignorant...

One of the Ten Commandments is to not worship false idols... well... if Jesus were "God" (or Yahweh) and you make a statue of him to worship how exactly is that any better than worshiping a golden calf or for the sake of brevity anything else that is not God (Yahweh)...

Jesus never claimed to be God... never claimed to be the son of God... never claimed to be much of what has over the last two centuries been attributed to him by men who dare to say they speak in his name while committing atrocities that go against every single thing Jesus (or Yeshua) was attempting to impart...

Jesus was a Jew... he took much from Jewish mysticism... much from Buddhism... and much from other "Eastern" religions to attempt to get people to achieve what he ACTUALLY claimed to do and said any of us can... which is attain "God consciousness" or "oneness with our Creator"...

Great straw man, unfortunately the Cathilic church was an attempt to paganize Christianity. Unfortunately for them, they never were able to killl all of the true Bible believing Christians during the inquisition (50 million). The Jews understood that the Messiah was God based on the prophecies in the Old Testament. If Jesus claimed to be the Messiah, it was the same as Him claiming to be God. Nonetheless he uses the term "I AM" a few dozen times, which is why the Jews went to stone Him in John 8:58, they certainly knew He was claiming to be God

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join