It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are these 10 figures just like Jesus Christ??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

lol why do think those mythological characters are fictional?
because xtianity says so?
lool

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

So am I correct that you support this oh so "logical" claim?...

That ALL of the past man-made, fictional MAN-GODS were created all by some fictional BOOGIEMAN who could see some SPECIAL MAN-GOD was on the way, and therefore this FUTURE-TELLING-BOOGIEMAN spent all his time creating all those other MAN-GOODS throughout history just to fool people in the future.

To quote Hangthetraitors.

edit on 5-2-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
So you're asserting that there is more than one messiah? Begone Satanic minder.!

You are funny!

Can I get one of you at "Toys R Us"?

It would be great to break out at parties.

Please, reveal to me more of what humorous delusions are wrapped up inside you.

It is quite entertaining.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Option C:

C) Its well documented and prophesied in the Bible that Satan would counterfeit the works of God to lead people astray.

1 Peter 5:8 (NIV) Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

John 10:10 (NIV) "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 (NIV) And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. 15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

John 8:44 (NIV) "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

Revelation 13:14 Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth.

Revelation 19:20 (NIV) But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

I can continue, should I?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/5/2012 by defcon5 because: formatting

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Scripture is evidence for nothing, it's only a story... words written by humans. If text was evidence I could quote to you about the dangers of Lord Voldemort from the gospels of Saint Potter...or start prophesizing about the horrid future when true believers will be forced to make a "stand" against Randall Flag.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

All he wants to do is berate you.

If he truly wanted answers he would go to church.

Why do you try to help him?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

If the devil is such a “boogieman”, then why is there a devil figure in ALL religions?

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I have berated no one...assuming that is directed at me. Granted this is a passionate subject, but I firmly believe we are still within the bounds of "conversation".

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Let me just say that if in fact their were no other so called Messiah's, than Christianity would be proven false. If there were not copy cat religions then Christianity would be proven false. If there were not hundreds of religions then Christianity would be proven false. Everything we see now validates and confirms the validity of our faith. You must understand that we are dealing with the supernatural which has covered all of the bases in an effort to distort salvation and without the holy spirit it is vertually impossible for people to see the light of Christ.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
If text was evidence I could quote to you about the dangers of Lord Voldemort from the gospels of Saint Potter..

When Lord Voldemort from the gospels of Saint Potter prophesies things that actually come to pass, then please feel free to quote them for me.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

How is this evidence for anything? Maybe that mankind loves confrontation...and can't imagine a reality where there isn't some great foe?

Doesn't back up the story of Jesus(Horus/Hercles) at all.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

What has been correctly prophesized in the Judeo/Christian faith?

Enlighten me...I actually have an open mind.

Sorry for the double posts...fingers overran my brain.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Dude, you are on a rollercoaster with these christians and their circular logic...

Get off before you get sick and want to throw up,,, lol

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
they all seem the same because they all came from a very old true event.
and it is older than 2011 years. Buddha is over 6000.

ever one wont God to belong to them.
and they all believe they have the only truth.
the truth is ALL GODs are ONE GOD.

everyone has their own opinion of what god is.
but GOD is ever thing.

just a example.
( I wonder if the bacteria in my body think I am god.
NON of my bacteria can say what I look like. )

so how can people be so arrogant as to say what god looks like.
and to say they have the only truth.
ever one has a small piece of the puzzle.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

A lot of things, but it going to be a few minutes before I can get into this.
I have to run up to the store before it closes.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Maybe you only see the true message when all the parts are put together. Maybe to believe one, one needs to believe in all.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

No worries.

The 3-d world crashes in now and then...I'm not going anywhere, so drive careful.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwissMarked
Jesus never claimed to be God... never claimed to be the son of God... never claimed to be much of what has over the last two centuries been attributed to him by men who dare to say they speak in his name while committing atrocities that go against every single thing Jesus (or Yeshua) was attempting to impart...

Originally posted by Defcon5
Jesus did in fact state that he was the son of God, that God was his father, and as a matter of fact this was one of the accusations the jews made against him to have him put to death.

Additionally, I would like to know what atrocities that you attribute to Christians in the last 200 years? The only atrocities that I know of were all done in the name of the Roman Catholic Church, and were pretty much over with by the 1700's...

Read the "I AM" statements as though you had the knowledge that "I AM" is a reference to God... go ahead... search for all of the "I AM" references and frame it in that context...

Did Jesus not claim to be "the Son of man"... and that God was his "Father in Heaven" as He is mine and all of creation being the "Father of All"...

I can accuse you of being the guy that framed O.J. Simpson... but that doesn't necessarily make it so does it...

Anyone can make any accusation... and when books are being written about someone or something that had no direct contact with their subject matter does it really matter how "divinely inspired" they said they were...

Paul wrote the majority of the New Testament allegedly... but all it takes is one fake book to get in there that people believe to be more important or want to place more importance on because of their own prejudices and next thing you know women should be covering their heads to pray and bow to their husbands when it comes to knowledge about religion...

So far as the rest... I believe it was Dubya that said he was a "Christian"... how many wars were started while he was in office... Clinton claimed to be one as well... how many "skirmishes" were we involved in during his tenure... how about G.H.W.B... Reagan... Carter... Ford... Nixon... Johnson... should I keep going... because I can... and that's only the ones that "ran" this country...
edit on 5-2-2012 by SwissMarked because: Formatting was all screwed up...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
the reason jesus's story is similar to other myths
can be summed up in one word:

Syncretism en.wikipedia.org...

Syncretism (English pronunciation: /ˈsɪŋkrətɪzəm/) is the combining of different (often contradictory) beliefs, often while melding practices of various schools of thought. Syncretism may involve the merger and analogising of several originally discrete traditions, especially in the theology and mythology of religion, thus asserting an underlying unity and allowing for an inclusive approach to other faiths.

the RCC claims it's the greatest of all heresies, so of course it's the #1 practitioner of it

the baloney of the devil sowing perverted versions of xtianity is utter nonsense

the same claim was made by the destroyers of the meso-american cultures and religion
the truth is that both their society and version of the dying and resurrecting god were disturbingly more naked and blatant and would have caused educated people to compare and question both western religion and society.

for example:
their version of the eucharist involved the crucifixion of a man-god made out of bread, stuffed with hallucinogenic mushrooms at the climax of the rite the god is torn down, dismembered,
and the pieces shared among the celebrants.

reminds me of the cannibalistic obsession with drinking and bathing in jesus's blood.

as for society, one aspect will suffice :The Florid [Flower] Wars en.wikipedia.org...

The exact nature of the Flower Wars is not well determined but a number of different interpretations of the concept exist. One popular idea of the Flower Wars is that it was a special institutionalized kind of warfare where two enemy states would plan battles through mutual arrangement in order to satisfy the religious needs of both combatants for war captives to use in sacrificial rituals, but also, possibly, to train young warriors and enable social mobility which for the lower classes was primarily possible through military service. This view is based on a number of quotes from early chroniclers and also from the letters of Cortés. However in recent years this interpretation has been doubted by scholars such as Nigel Davies[2] and Ross Hassig,[3] who argues that "the mutual arrangement" of the flower war institution is dubious, and suggest that the Flower War was in fact a low-intensity, sustained conflict with the Aztec side trying to wear down the Tlaxcalteca in order to later conquer them entirely.

note the "however" bit at the end the cover-up continues

and finally all religions are corruptions of shamanism

edit to add Siddhartha taught that there were no gods or buddhas.
the original form of buddism [as well as the zen branch] are atheistic

edit on 5-2-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit and comment

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

If the devil is such a “boogieman”, then why is there a devil figure in ALL religions?

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

sorry, but you are mistaken

the whole war of light vs darkness originated with zarathustra
there is no devil or genius of evil in any religion older than him

nor is there in wicca, fundamental or zen buddhism, jediism

"the devil made me do it" is merely a renunciation of personal responsibility for ones own actions

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join