It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are these 10 figures just like Jesus Christ??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It is an in individuals right to decide if Jesus and the bible are myth, though to compare so many other religious identity's with Jesus is a treacherous road.
The bible and many other well known books describe Christs life and teachings accurately and in detail, even before He was born.
However many of the other texts for the other "holy" individuals are not as accessible or well studied.

explanationblog.wordpress.com...
I have linked the problems related to the Budha story above, each other person has similar issues if you wish to further research

It is important that the facts are well established before serious discussions are undertaken, sadly the facts listed in the OP statement are not well established, some are outright false.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

I totally agree, and I'm not religious by the way, as in I do not worship any religion, although what I mean is that it seems to me that there is a divine source in the universe, a central source, people have been able to establish a connection to it through spiritual practice, this has happened in most major religions, the prophets of those religions were communicating the same message, which came from the central source, do you know what I mean?

I'm not saying anyone is wrong here, although I am saying that over time, many of these religions have diluted what the original message was, all of this fighting and wars in the name of religion over the years, it's ridiculous and is not what spirituality is about.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by OhZone
"the New Testament, the Church, and Christianity, were all the creation of the Calpurnius Piso family, who were Roman aristocrats. The New Testament and all the characters in it...are all fictional."

www.hiddenmysteries.org...

Man, you gotta love these christian hate fabrications, no historical accuracy whatsoever, and people love to spread them around like they are gospel truth.

Maybe you can explain this then:

Polycarp (69 – 155) (Ancient Greek: Πολύκαρπος) was a 2nd century Christian bishop of Smyrna.[1] According to the Martyrdom of Polycarp he died a martyr, bound and burned at the stake, then stabbed when the fire failed to touch him.[2] Polycarp is regarded as a saint in the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Anglican, and Lutheran churches.
It is recorded by Irenaeus, who heard him speak in his youth, and by Tertullian,[3] that he had been a disciple of John the Apostle.

Irenaeus ( /aɪrəˈniːəs/; Ancient Greek: Εἰρηναῖος), (2nd century AD – c. 202) was Bishop of Lugdunum in Gaul, then a part of the Roman Empire (now Lyon, France). He was an early church father and apologist, and his writings were formative in the early development of Christian theology. He was a hearer of Polycarp,[1] who in turn was a disciple of John the Evangelist.

Irenaeus pointed to Scripture as a proof of orthodox Christianity against heresies, classifying as Scripture not only the Old Testament but most of the books now known as the New Testament,[2] while excluding many works, a large number by Gnostics, that flourished in the 2nd century and claimed scriptural authority.
Scholars contend that Irenaeus quotes from 21 of the 27 New Testament Texts:
Matthew (Book 3, Chapter 16)
Mark (Book 3, Chapter 10)
Luke (Book 3, Chapter 14)
John (Book 3, Chapter 11)
Acts of the Apostles (Book 3, Chapter 14)
Romans (Book 3, Chapter 16)
1 Corinthians (Book 1, Chapter 3)
2 Corinthians (Book 3, Chapter 7)
Galatians (Book 3, Chapter 22)
Ephesians (Book 5, Chapter 2)
Philippians (Book 4, Chapter 18)
Colossians (Book 1, Chapter 3)
1 Thessalonians (Book 5, Chapter 6)
2 Thessalonians (Book 5, Chapter 25)
1 Timothy (Book 1, Preface)
2 Timothy (Book 3, Chapter 14)
Titus (Book 3, Chapter 3)
1 Peter (Book 4, Chapter 9)
1 John (Book 3, Chapter 16)
2 John (Book 1, Chapter 16)
Revelation to John (Book 4, Chapter 20)

Ignatius of Antioch (Ancient Greek: Ἰγνάτιος, also known as Theophorus from Greek Θεοφόρος "God-bearer") (ca. 35 or 50-between 98 and 117)[1] was among the Apostolic Fathers, was the third Bishop of Antioch, and was a student of John the Apostle.[2][3] En route to his martyrdom in Rome, Ignatius wrote a series of letters which have been preserved as an example of very early Christian theology. Important topics addressed in these letters include ecclesiology, the sacraments, and the role of bishops.

BTW, the above also discredits the claim that Constintine wrote the bible at the council of Nicea as climed in the Da Vinci Code. Another fictional Christian hate work.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Add these to the list:

"Prior to the modern age, just about anyone could raise the dead or walk on water. Buddha is said to have cut himself to pieces with a sword and then come back to life. Apolonius of Tyana could cast out demons. The Emperor Vespasian healed the blind and the lame. When Joan of Arc passed by, dead infants yawned and came back to life. We can also mention Honi, Septimus Sevi, Caesar Augustus,the Baha'u'lah, Mohammed and hundreds more miracle-working saviors. How commonplace were miracle accounts in the Ancient Near East? Consider this: Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary. How was the Virgin Mary born? Anna, her mother, was lamenting her barreness when an angel appeared to inform her that she shall bear a child and "thy progeny shall be spoken of in all the world" (The Protevangelion IV,1). You have to wonder how Anna was born."

www.hiddenmysteries.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"Zeitgeist", the video is ultra-vicious bull# that actually acts to hide who was REALLY behind 9/11.

Inherently within is, it pushes a complete lie that well hidden under all the blatant "headline" b.s.

The lie seems to be an obscure one, yet it it absolutely critical to who did 9/11 and the real motive behind it.;

This peddled lie has done more than anything else to convince me to that the facts that I have seen are so and not coincidences.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

My favorite...the devil copied the story of Jesus in advance, in order to confuse true believers with ancient faiths.

This is technically, the official Christian story to date. "We're really 100% right...but the devil is a time traveler."

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

Would you care to share what that piece of information is then? You can't just bring it up and not share it while trying to say that someone else didn't bring it up in their documentary....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo
Not a conspiracy, but the indefatigable work of the devil. The devil knew that the Yeshua would come to die on the cross for our sins.

It makes me feel [color=gold]so DAMNED ashamed to be part of a species of beings who really are [color=gold]dumb enough to believe that ALL of the past man-made, [color=gold]fictional MAN-GODS were created all by some fictional BOOGIEMAN who could predict the future and see some SPECIAL MAN-GOD was on the way, and therefore this FUTURE-TELLING-BOOGIEMAN spent all his time creating all those other MAN-GOODS throughout history just to fool people in the future.

It honestly is [color=gold]painful knowing that I am part of such a race of beings who are this flippin stupid!!

edit on 5-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
This is technically, the official Christian story to date. "We're really 100% right...but the devil is a time traveler."

The devil didn't need to be a time traveler, the messiah and God's salvation plan, was both understood and predicted long before that.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

If there is a divine presence in the universe, it is unknowable... as it should be... many mystics through the ages have put their bodies through hardships to attain "enlightenment"...

Today we know that the later stages of fasting induce a hallucinogenic state... that has nothing to do with attaining "enlightenment" in the sense that they are being "one" with the divine... they are triggering a gland in their body that releases a natural form of '___' that is a "self-preservation" response our bodies have been doing since we were throwing rocks at the moon...

that being said,.... it may be possible to "feel" like you are attaining insight into the divine when you are under a chemical influence, and you may in fact be reaching a higher level of "understanding" of your role in this amazing universe,... divine presence or not...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Sorry I follow what is most logical, and simple. That is of course unless you have some serious evidence in your favor...and scripture is not evidence of anything.

Now, which is more likely?

Option A: The Christian boogeyman knew that Jesus would come, and arranged several ancient belief sysytems in advance with saviour figures we now know to be fake, but at the same time very similar to jesus...all so we today would question christian doctrine?

Option B: The founders of the christian faith "borrowed" many aspects of early saviour or hero figures. Jesus, is so similar to these ancient legends because....he is a rip-off, and just like Heracles is not real.

So, which is more likely?

Anyone finding this hard to believe should check out the documentary "The God who wasn't there".

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The Ancient Egyptians did NOT use the Julian nor the Gregorian calendar. The Ancient Egyptian calendar is out of kilter with our current one. Any particular day will ocrrespond to a different day EACH YEAR.

Claiming that any particular God was supposedly born on 25th December etc is a BALD LIE and acts to cover up hard facts associated with who was actually behind 9/11.

"Zeitgeist" is a cover up job for the 9/11 plotters.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The difference between Budha and the rest of these religious figures is that they all died with no claim of divine resurection. They did not defeat death which is our ulitmate end without fail. Jesus also made it clear that he in fact is God in the flesh and through Him and Him alone brings salvation. He himself stated, "tear down this temple and I will raise it up in three days. Christians believe that this was accomplished and faith in this claim brings salvation. No other so called prophet makes such bold assertations.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by guanicaPR

This entire statement could apply to many of the hero-gods down through the ages...in fact someone mentioned, there is another thread devoted to this idea, which explores these other gods in depth.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
reply to post by CaptainNemo

You fool...Only 3rd dimensional beings experience time as we do. Beings in a higher dimension than ours can observe events that occur over time for us in our space, simultaneously in their space
edit on 5-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

Why are these 10 figures just like Jesus Christ?? ,

Because mankind still focuses on the messager and not the message.

So, more will come until you listen.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
reply to post by Oxygenation

Why are these 10 figures just like Jesus Christ?? ,

Because mankind still focuses on the messager and not the message.

So, more will come until you listen.

With Love,

Your Brother

So you're asserting that there is more than one messiah? Begone Satanic minder.!

There is but one true messiah and ONLY through HIM can you achieve salvation.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

You fool...Only 3rd dimensional beings experience time as we do. Beings in a higher dimension than ours can observe events that occur over time for us in our space, simultaneously in their space
edit on 5-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" Would you care to share how you came to know this?

I am not even asking for extraordinary evidence...any evidence will do.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
He wasnt a myth he was a mythter

Originally posted by mikesherlock

Originally posted by Oxygenation

All these are fictional people. Yeshua (Jesus) was a well documented person.

Hence why the question was asked..

I can not answer that for you.. i would like to know myself..

I just find it strange how there are so many said similarities. In itself a possible conspiracy..
Interesting none the less..

I think if you do the background research and take off the "belief cap" you may find Jesus, at least the Gospel's Jesus to be a myth also.

edit on 5-2-2012 by GeeDee because: because i can

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I guess you fail to understand that is the whole point of the war between God and Devil. We are subject to his world, of which he is the prince, and are under the law and subject to sin. The devils plan is to lead as many astray from God's salvation as he possibly can. He does not need to see the future, nor travel into the past to do this either. God was upfront about his plan for salvation all along, and it goes back to the original fall from grace. If you look at all Satan's works, he makes them believable by taking Gods works, and putting a slight twist to them that appeals more to man. A good example of this is the marks mentioned in the book of Revelation. Gods mark is 777, and Satan’s is 666, one number off per digit.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join