It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are these 10 figures just like Jesus Christ??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Buddha

Both went to their temples at the age of twelve, where they are said to have astonished all with their wisdom. Both supposedly fasted in solitude for a long time: Buddha for forty–seven days and Jesus for forty. Both wandered to a fig tree at the conclusion of their fasts. Both were about the same age when they began their public ministry:

“When he [Buddha] went again to the garden he saw a monk who was calm, tranquil, self–possessed, serene, and dignified. The prince, determined to become such a monk, was led to make the great renunciation. At the time he was twenty–nine years of age… “Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age.” (Luke 3:23). Both were tempted by the “devil” at the beginning of their ministry: To Buddha, he said: “Go not forth to adopt a religious life but return to your kingdom, and in seven days you shall become emperor of the world, riding over the four continents.” To Jesus, he said: “All these [kingdoms of the world] I will give you, if you fall down and worship me” (Matthew 4:9). Buddha answered the “devil”: “Get you away from me.”

Jesus responded: “…begone, Satan!” (Matthew 4:10). Both strove to establish a kingdom of heaven on earth. According to the Somadeva (a Buddhist holy book), a Buddhist ascetic’s eye once offended him, so he plucked it out and cast it away. Jesus said: “If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out, and throw it away;.” (Matthew 5:29).
Source: listverse.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
MOD NOTE: Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

edit on Sun Feb 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/5/2012 by TheRedneck because: added source and ex tags

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Feb 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Because the churches (the Catholic Church and it's guidance under Constantine in particular) decided to turn Jesus of Nazareth in to a god so they could intentionally damn "plebeians" to hell by intentionally keeping followers ignorant...

One of the Ten Commandments is to not worship false idols... well... if Jesus were "God" (or Yahweh) and you make a statue of him to worship how exactly is that any better than worshiping a golden calf or for the sake of brevity anything else that is not God (Yahweh)...

Jesus never claimed to be God... never claimed to be the son of God... never claimed to be much of what has over the last two centuries been attributed to him by men who dare to say they speak in his name while committing atrocities that go against every single thing Jesus (or Yeshua) was attempting to impart...

Jesus was a Jew... he took much from Jewish mysticism... much from Buddhism... and much from other "Eastern" religions to attempt to get people to achieve what he ACTUALLY claimed to do and said any of us can... which is attain "God consciousness" or "oneness with our Creator"...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You should read about the jesuits

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Oxygenation

Because Zeitgeist says so..

2nd

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
All these are fictional people. Yeshua (Jesus) was a well documented person.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainNemo

Hence why the question was asked..

I can not answer that for you.. i would like to know myself..

I just find it strange how there are so many said similarities. In itself a possible conspiracy..
Interesting none the less..

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I just started a thread which may or may not, answer the question of this thread. Hero Achetype!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation

I just find it strange how there are so many said similarities. In itself a possible conspiracy..

I think if you do the background research and take off the "belief cap" you may find Jesus, at least the Gospel's Jesus to be a myth also.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

There are many similarities here, I feel this could be put down in a lot of cases to these beings/figures having found enlightenment, certainly in a few of the cases. I find it interesting in a lot of ways that when you strip down the message of most world religions you really do come to an eerily similar message that seems to run across all of them. I feel that the core message of these religions IS all the same, though certain people over time have distorted and misinterpreted the original message for personal gains.

I feel in a lot of ways that what these individuals were trying to tell us is that we are them, we can attain a state of being just like theirs if we truly listened to their messages and truly changed our ways of being, as what these individuals were/are/represented WAS a state of being, the christ consciousness state if you will, Nirvana etc. This may be why you find similarities between these people in my opinion, or you could go a bit further and suggest that these individuals were put here and closely monitored in order to remind the human race of its divine and other worldly origins and to further the evolution of our consciousness.....

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Because Zeitgeist says so..

2nd

Zeitgeist seems to have done quite a bit of damage to some very solid arguments for the notion that the Christian and even Judaic religions were plagiarized!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm pretty sure half these myths stole Jesus' story over time.
I'm sure some could have been Jesus prophecies... sort of a collective soul vision.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

There are many similarities here, I feel this could be put down in a lot of cases to these beings/figures having found enlightenment, certainly in a few of the cases. I find it interesting in a lot of ways that when you strip down the message of most world religions you really do come to an eerily similar message that seems to run across all of them. I feel that the core message of these religions IS all the same, though certain people over time have distorted and misinterpreted the original message for personal gains.

I feel in a lot of ways that what these individuals were trying to tell us is that we are them, we can attain a state of being just like theirs if we truly listened to their messages and truly changed our ways of being, as what these individuals were/are/represented WAS a state of being, the christ consciousness state if you will, Nirvana etc. This may be why you find similarities between these people in my opinion, or you could go a bit further and suggest that these individuals were put here and closely monitored in order to remind the human race of its divine and other worldly origins and to further the evolution of our consciousness.....

Yes. I agree and am from the same school of thought.

What i would really like to know.. is if they are all offshoots of the same root religion or belief system..
Which came first?

I think to know our past is to know our future and to find the root religion that all others came from.. and it is evident that many figures and stories are shared across most if not all religions.. is one of the most important things we can do in discovering who or where we came from..

I am not religious per-say but rather open minded in finding answers..

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think something personal has to happen to believe the truth... check out my weird story thread. It's a fast read, and a true story.

Love the zeitguist movie, but sometimes shhtuff gets real.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

From what I've read Zoaoaster came first, by about 1200 years. and yes he was a real person and yes he turned the Persian religion from multiple gods into one.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This is where it gets rather interesting for me, although very confusing at the same time. When you take into account that the core message of most religions are the same, you could argue that the message in a pure form comes from a central source, or as you say one original or central religion. If you look at enlightenment as a possible explanation for the similarities in the core messages of the religions, and the idea that when someone finds enlightenment, what that is describing is someone finding a connection to the one true source, the central source (god) of all energy, then it is possible to see that when someone (anyone) can find a true connection to the source through spiritual practice, they will all find the same thing.

This is what people forget in my opinion, there is one message, because there is one source, this source is an energy, one that anyone can tap into. Buddhism and Taoism haven't deviated from this much, although other religions have gone way off path.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainNemo

None of them are reliably documented.
Any documents are self-serving.
All were written by those who wished to control the masses with fear.
All of them are Hoaxes!

"the New Testament, the Church, and Christianity, were all the creation of the Calpurnius Piso family, who were Roman aristocrats. The New Testament and all the characters in it...are all fictional."

www.hiddenmysteries.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The answer is pretty simple when you think about it. God's plan for salvation was not a big secret, and its arguable that mans understanding of the plan for a savior dates back to Adam and Eve. At least according to some pseudopigraphal texts. So the same way that you get people finding similarities between the antichrist and famous people today, you had a lot of people finding similarities between the messiah and various religious/legendary people back then. If you are a religious believer you can also throw in the fact that you had Satan who was intentionally trying to deceive folks into following after counterfeit plans of salvation other then God's.

Originally posted by SwissMarked
Jesus never claimed to be God... never claimed to be the son of God... never claimed to be much of what has over the last two centuries been attributed to him by men who dare to say they speak in his name while committing atrocities that go against every single thing Jesus (or Yeshua) was attempting to impart...

Jesus did in fact state that he was the son of God, that God was his father, and as a matter of fact this was one of the accusations the jews made against him to have him put to death.

Additionally, I would like to know what atrocities that you attribute to Christians in the last 200 years? The only atrocities that I know of were all done in the name of the Roman Catholic Church, and were pretty much over with by the 1700's...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

If there is one pure message in all the religions, then it seems reasonable to me that you do NOT align yourself with just one messenger and claim that all other messengers are wrong...

Which is what most religions do...they claim they have an exclusive path to this so-called pure message...BIG red flag for me... personal exploration of the subject of the pure message is a much more valid and reasonable approach... make yourself aware of the messengers, but do not align yourself with any of them...remember the words of Thomas Jefferson... "Question with boldness the existence of God,... for if there be one,.. he must approve the homage of reason, rather than that of blind faith..."

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oxygenation

Not a conspiracy, but the indefatigable work of the devil. The devil knew that the Yeshua would come to die on the cross for our sins. There were many anti-christ throughout history, not just the one to come. This is a really interesting list though, I've never heard of a few of these people. Here is one of the anti-christ I DO know about, and by far the one who has most deceived the world.

Tammuz of Babylon

Almost all forms of mysticism and religion can be traced back to Babylon. From ancient texts there are several versions but here is one. Nimrod was killed by Shem, the son of Noah, for practicing witchcraft. Semiramis (Nimrod's wife) turned Nimrod into a God, got pregnant and claimed Nimrod had reincarnated into her son Tammuz (immaculate birth). Semiramis now claims that Nimrod reincarnated into the Sun and is now called Baa'l. Semiramus was revered as the Moon Goddess, Great Mother, Divine Mother and Virgin Mother.
Nimrod means let us rebel and the anti-christ is known as the lawless one. Remember how Osiris was dismembered ,everything except his d***, by Isis and reincarnated into the God of the underworld.? Yeah alot of the same stuff. Subsequently Tammuz was killed by a wild pig -__- People showed their adulation and love for Tammuz by making the sign of the "t or T". Satan knew that Yeshua would die on the cross, the "t". A perceived victory for Satan or Baa'l, the sun god? See, the deception? It's greatly saddening to see the extent of Satan's damage, alot of people doubt the savior because of the similarities to these "characters" and the fact that the summerian story outdates the savior.

"Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz. Then said he unto to me, 'Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these." —Ezekiel 8:14-15
edit on 5-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join