It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple method to ensure fair votes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Ive been following the US caucuses, and seen the threads on ATS, and it got me thinking, how can a simple thing such as voting be rigged? and its so obvious, the status quo that counts the votes and this is then expected to be 100% accurate and reliable.

Simple solution, a hybrid of paper and electronic :

A secret ballot
The ballot paper has a ID code that voter takes home with them
The ballot is scanned in a scanning machine in voting booth by voter
The Ballot is put in lockdown box as usual and sent of for Govt voting
The electronic Ballot is uploaded to a closed LAN system and on lockdown
As soon as govt release their results, all the electronic copies are uploaded to all on the internet, personal ballot can be found and checked for fraud using ID code, also all can do independent counts.

Think about it, its not much to ask for, a way for independent sources to verify a vote and for individuals to ensure their vote is valid and accounted for. In a fair Democracy this would be a small thing to ask for, and if this idea could gain massive support, and demanded by the people, well then if its denied, it would show all that they are not interested in fair elections and if it works well then we would have fair elections, and this system could be implemented in any country that wishes.

This is a crude idea i just thought up, id be interested in input and your thoughts, could this work?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'd love for something like this. I doubt very much that career politicians would go for it, which are the ones that would be in charge of getting something like this going.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

This is a crude idea i just thought up, id be interested in input and your thoughts, could this work?

Crude but effective and necessary too me thinks. Something has to be done because full electronic is just too susceptible for tampering imo.
I like your idea. Now I wonder what Diebold thinks about this? They are the ones that should help with change to the system, under supervision that is.
Diebold Fraud Stettlement

spec
edit on 5-2-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Well this is true, however as i understand it then the US government is supposed to be "By the People, Of the People and For the People", so if the people demanded it, would the US politicians not have to react? and if they deny a populous demand for it, well it show what their real agenda is. I know nothing like this has been done before, however its such a simple idea, and i think it could be spread easily, because it is so obviously better, and tbh would cost nothing (well little) to change the current booths to accompany a small scanner.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Sounds like a good try. Unfortunately conspiracy nutters and Ron Paul bots would still claim election fraud each and every election. I say leave it up to the individual state. No need for the Feds to get more involved than they already are.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I feel that voting should be required by anyone over 18. Upon obtaining a ID which everyone has and needs you should have a voter ID number able to scan off of your ID. When it comes to Presidental voting I feel that everyone should have to voice an opinion even if it is " I don't have an opinion" and voter fraud should be handled as crimes against the United States. Voting should be traceable. In modern days of internet and cell phones voting does not need to be done at booths, but booths should be there to use.

However the system is not set up to be fair. TPTB would not allow it to happen.

"If voting made a difference they would make it illegal"

top topics

join