It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano in Iceland Erupting Alongside The Aurora Borealis (pics)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Tremendous pictures.

To think that long after mankind has knocked himself out mother nature will carry on as if we never existed.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The beauty and the dangerous both side by side really must've been awesome to see in person. Good find!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The pictures have been enhanced... looked almost fake or cartoon effect.Why enhance the color to a point of unreal?I understand you didn't soot them but I don't see what the ''Aww'' is all about with the faked pictures.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
now thats life.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highergrounds
reply to post by jude11

The pictures have been enhanced... looked almost fake or cartoon effect.Why enhance the color to a point of unreal?I understand you didn't soot them but I don't see what the ''Aww'' is all about with the faked pictures.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Highergrounds because: (no reason given)

There's always one.

Great pictures.What a sight that must have been to see live.The feeling of awe that comes over a person when seeing nature and the universe in action.Just moving along like it has for millions of years.Oblivious to our arrogance and self importance.A very humbling experience to see the northern lights but to witness it as the backdrop to an eruption is spectacular.I envy you.I get awe struck when I go outside the city and stare up at the night, I could only imagine how that must have felt.Awesome stuff!

edit on 6-2-2012 by mark1167 because: typo

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i wish i was able to be there so i could of got some of my own pics. these are astounding couldn't imagine what it was like to be there in person.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
These must be at least 2 years old by now but still great photos.

Funny how some members can post fancy old photos and get over 100 flags
while more recent users with more recent fancy photos get less views..

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

BEAUTIMOUS. INCREDIBLE.

What are the projections for the eruption?

What about melted glacial damage?

How are the other volcanoes there?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
WOW
...That is truly amazing, thanks for the wallpaper btw

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Guess I am not the only one to select a few of these as desktop backgrounds. Excellent find. I always marvel at nature's beauty.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Anybody got a line on a hires album? Those are ridiculous small. Is everyone running their displays at 800x600? Excellent material though, the kind of image that justifies spending all that money on equipment.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Those pics are amazing. Thanks so much for the post. S+F for you!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Aloha

totally amazing...fantastic!
beauty of creation is beyond my known vocabulary to express even mildly!

mahalo ~ thank you

∞LOVE∞

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
These photos are just beautiful, thank you for sharing! My wish list has always included a long vacation to see The Lights- to just sit for a week or two and take it all in... I always enjoy awe-inspiring pictures like these. The colors of each frame are out of this world, and the person pictured must simply be vibrating with joy from the inside- to see and feel the heat and energy bursting from Earth with a background like THAT- *awesome*!!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Amazing pics!
Thanks OP!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i love the photos and all but seriously man come on, talk about blatant copyright infringement. just post a link to the blokes sight dont steal his pictures.

unless of course you have his permission.

find it amusing that ATS censors a post about jade tools but dont do anything about a post that is blatantly illegal.

mind you if you have permission from the author i retract my statement lol just dont see it anywhere on the OP that you do.

i do however thank you for bringing it to my attention, i've ordered a canvas print that will look lovely on my wall

edit on 7-2-2012 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

Thanks! I'm happy to hear that, I'm a canon girl myself haha. But thanks for the link OP, northern lights & a volcanic eruption, I can't imagine...
seeing both are on my bucket list.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think the most powerful part about the pictures are the colors. Its really cool how the colors of nature create powerful emotions. REALLY REALLY wish i was the man standing there. C:

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join